PDA

View Full Version : Is there a map differing enemy territory by color?

kikanjuu
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Is there a map which differs enemy and friendly territories by color, and updates the border as time goes?

I sometimes dive and sneak into a port carefully, only to find that it is already in our hand.

kikanjuu
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Is there a map which differs enemy and friendly territories by color, and updates the border as time goes?

I sometimes dive and sneak into a port carefully, only to find that it is already in our hand.

Yooperbacker
06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Hello kikanjuu,

If you look close while viewing the Nav map you will see a port name is in a certain color. One color for the bad guys and one color for the good guys. Some of these ports change as the war goes on, as you know and the color will change to.

I believe there is an SH4 map in your main folder or in the support folder. It shows shipping lanes during the war.
If you want to just download the SH4 Map you can look under my signature and click on the SH4 Map link.

kikanjuu
06-07-2010, 03:52 AM
I play with SH4 v1.4 stock.
I don' see that a port name is in a certain color, depending on whether it is one of the allies or Japan.

MWolfe1963
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll try to post a few mods later, but they have several over at subsim mods forum. I thought even in stock the bases showed as red as the JP's took them over.

A few of the mods are map label mods, Nav map redo, shows airbases, ect. You can go there and search, but I'll try to hunt them down later.

Yooperbacker
06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I just tried the stock SH4 1.4 and all the ports are blue. surprise, surprise. I thought they were different.

The only thing I can recommend is trying the TMOwTw mod. It has a good environmental mod in it and adds a few other extras without being that much harder to play.

Information about TMOwTw is here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/4281098036)

You will also need JSGME to install this mod.
JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler version 2.4.0 - 7 May 2010
Click here (http://www.users.on.net/%7Ejscones/software/products-jsgme.html) to go to the download page.

It is hard to find good mods for SH4 1.4. All the best mods are for the U-boat addon version 1.5.

kikanjuu
06-08-2010, 03:41 AM
And no way to upgrade to v1.5 FREE?

Yooperbacker
06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
The 1.5 upgrade includes U-boats and missions for the U-boats.

Last I looked you could buy it for about $10 american.