PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Controller problems

ox Se7eN xo
12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
hey all!

quick query for you all!

bought a new 360 Controller (standard white one) a few weeks ago, batterys finally ran out so i put in the Recharchable battery i used in my old controller

nothing happened. wouldnt turn on. put in my Play and Charge cable and the light went red, then after 12 seconds went green and KEEPS doing it no matter how many times i do it, always for exactly 12 seconds

now, the battery has been out of use for a week or two, as well as being pretty old so i'm wondering if its the battery that's just knackered

and before you ask, it's not the conroller, cos i used an Elite battery in it and that works fine, as does the Play and Charge lead

anyone else had this problem?

ox Se7eN xo
12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
hey all!

quick query for you all!

bought a new 360 Controller (standard white one) a few weeks ago, batterys finally ran out so i put in the Recharchable battery i used in my old controller

nothing happened. wouldnt turn on. put in my Play and Charge cable and the light went red, then after 12 seconds went green and KEEPS doing it no matter how many times i do it, always for exactly 12 seconds

now, the battery has been out of use for a week or two, as well as being pretty old so i'm wondering if its the battery that's just knackered

and before you ask, it's not the conroller, cos i used an Elite battery in it and that works fine, as does the Play and Charge lead

anyone else had this problem?

kleaneasy
12-07-2008, 10:46 AM
From what you've said its most likely that the battery pack has had enough and died a death. How long have you had it??

Any rechargeable battery has a certain lifetime but if you've not had it long I would suggest contacting MS or the store where you purchased it to see if they can work a replacement for you (on the battery and charge not the controller)

Aj6627
12-08-2008, 05:00 AM
I have the exact same problem with a pink MS battery that I bought. It does the same thing.

I just bought a black battery to use.

ox Se7eN xo
12-08-2008, 06:25 AM
cheers for the input guys, but all is restored!

i took it round my brother's house and used his charger and it's now back to full health! just needed a boost that the play and charge kit doesnt give