PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

BearF_159th_CO
09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi All

Have just purchased SH3 and I am very very impressed. My pets may well starve from neglect! I've always been a fan of manual TDC (even with SH2) and Im glad to see the plotting tools in SH3.

However, Im having a bit of trouble doing the plotting. The circular ruler is only orintated North/South and so cant be used to plot the targets bearing unless my course is dead N. Or am I wrong on that? Is there a way to use the (excellent) tool without setting my course N everytime? Its a real pain to have to draw an extended line along my course, grab the compass to measure the angle out, draw another extended line from that then measure and mark the target. By that time the war is over!

BearF_159th_CO
09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi All

Have just purchased SH3 and I am very very impressed. My pets may well starve from neglect! I've always been a fan of manual TDC (even with SH2) and Im glad to see the plotting tools in SH3.

However, Im having a bit of trouble doing the plotting. The circular ruler is only orintated North/South and so cant be used to plot the targets bearing unless my course is dead N. Or am I wrong on that? Is there a way to use the (excellent) tool without setting my course N everytime? Its a real pain to have to draw an extended line along my course, grab the compass to measure the angle out, draw another extended line from that then measure and mark the target. By that time the war is over!

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-21-2005, 01:17 PM
expand on "circular ruler" you mean the compas???

lecek
09-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Some tools are three click tools.

If you want to find something at bearing 45 degrees, you click ahead of your sub (as close to dead ahead as you can) click on the sub, and then move out twards 45 degrees. Click when your happy.

If you want to find something at 315, you first have to figure out that that is 45 degrees to the other side and then repeat.

Yes this isn't the most elegant way, I don't use this methode very often and I figure out speed and heading using other methods.

of course you can plot a straight line over your current heading first for greater accuracy.

BearF_159th_CO
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks for your answers, I found the formula I needed.

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey BearF where you from??? Just crious.

BearF_159th_CO
09-21-2005, 04:34 PM
In which regard?

Im from the UK, Nr London originally. Hmm, must change my sig..either that or its the sleekest looking U-boat I've ever seen!

WilhelmSchulz.-
09-21-2005, 08:06 PM
your Screen name Is BearF(a Russian Bomber) And you got a Soviet Fighter as a baner.(MIG-21)I think.

Fish40
09-22-2005, 04:06 AM
All your questions about manual targeting, as well as how to use the map tools will be answered here: http://www.paulwasserman.net