PDA

View Full Version : straight farm single and campain

rcskypilot1953
03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello I just installed the straight farm i know i put them in the right spot but when i go into single i see the staright farm but it does not give me anything to play its blank. And for the campaing it shows nothing at all is this for 1946????

rcskypilot1953
03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Hello I just installed the straight farm i know i put them in the right spot but when i go into single i see the staright farm but it does not give me anything to play its blank. And for the campaing it shows nothing at all is this for 1946????

Zeus-cat
03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
It will work with 1946. Did you move the entire folder into the UN directory or just the missions? You need to move the entire folder or it will not work.

You need to install the "Straight_From_the_Farm" campaign folder in the ...\Missions\Campaign\UN folder.

It will look like this when you have installed it correctly: ...\Missions\Campaign\UN\Straight_From_the_Farm

All 19 missions and the other campaign files must be in the Straight_From_the_Farm folder.

rcskypilot1953
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Here what it looks like in the folder the 0 means other folders. So is this right????

-missions
- campaign
O
O
O
O
O
+un
+straight farm
straight from the farm

Zeus-cat
03-31-2007, 03:04 PM
No. The <span class="ev_code_RED">Straight_From_the_Farm </span> folder needs to be directly in the UN folder. Get rid of the <span class="ev_code_PINK">Straight Farm </span> folder and move the <span class="ev_code_RED">Straight_From_the_Farm</span> folder to the UN folder. My guess is the same thing needs to be done with the single missions.

Missions
----- Single
----- Net
----- Campaign
------------- IN
------------- RA
------------- RN
------------- UM
------------- US
------------- DU
------------- GB
------------- RZ
------------- JA
------------- UN
---------------------- Straight_Down
---------------------- Straight_From_The_Farm
---------------------- award
---------------------- award0
---------------------- award1
---------------------- award2
---------------------- award3
---------------------- award4
---------------------- award5
---------------------- etc.

rcskypilot1953
04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I am a really a dunce here i opened up the straight file and this is what i get, so do i put the hole file into missions un file???

Pratice
straight_from_the_farm
farm jpg
readme txt
straight from the farm briefing doc
straighr from the farm briefing txt
thumbs dl

DooDaH2007
04-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Zeus posted this:

"
Some people are having problems getting the campaign to run. When installing the campaign, please do the following:

A) Unzip the downloaded file.
B) The unzipped file will have 7 objects in it.
...1) Thumbs (this is for the jpeg file - ignore it)
...2) Straight From the Farm Briefings - text file (for those without MS Word)
...3) Straight From the Farm Briefings - Word version
...4) readme file - read this before installing!
...5) Farm - a jpeg file - ignore this
...6) Straight_From_the_Farm folder
...7) Practice folder

C) Read the readme file
D) Print the briefings using either the Word or text file.
E) Copy or move the Practice folder to your Missions/Single/UN folder
F) Copy or move the Straight_From_the_Farm folder and its contents to your Missions/Campaign/UN folder.

When installed correctly, the campaign folder structure will look like this:

Missions
--- Campaign
------ UN
--------- Straight_From_The_Farm

Zeus-cat

My Campaigns:
Straight From the Farm (19 training missions for takeoffs and landings)
Straight Shot (9 missions in the Japanese Seaplane - A6M2-N "Rufe")
Straight Into an Icy Hell (14 missions for the Rufe in the Aleutians)
Straight Down (26 dive-bombing missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight Down Some More (19 more missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight and True (30 torpedo bomber missions in an IL-2T)
"

Zeus-cat
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am a really a dunce here i opened up the straight file and this is what i get, so do i put the hole file into missions un file???

Pratice
<span class="ev_code_RED">Straight_From_the_Farm</span>
farm jpg
readme txt
straight from the farm briefing doc
straighr from the farm briefing txt
thumbs dl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put the one in red in the UN folder.

rcskypilot1953
04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
ok guys thanks for all your help but damn i am still having troubles i am sure i put everything in the right spot, here what it looks like.

MISSIONS
CAMPAIGN
UN
-STRAIGHT FARM
STRAIGHT FROM THE FARM
PRACTICE

I go into single player go to un and click on straight farm but there is not single missons showing. So i dont know what elese to do HELP PLEASE

DooDaH2007
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Make it look like this:

MISSIONS
CAMPAIGN
UN
-STRAIGHT FROM THE FARM

The 'STRAIGHT FARM' folder in the zipfile, was just a placeholder for the directories you were supposed to copy... It should be ignored...

This campain is well worth the efford...

-

Zeus-cat
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Read this carefully and then do what it says. Notice that the <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Straight Farm </span>folder is nowhere to be seen.

<span class="ev_code_PINK">E) Copy or move the Practice folder to your Missions/Single/UN folder
F) Copy or move the Straight_From_the_Farm folder and its contents to your Missions/Campaign/UN folder.

When installed correctly, the campaign folder structure will look like this:

Missions
--- Campaign
------ UN
--------- Straight_From_The_Farm</span>

rcskypilot1953
04-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Ok I did move them to the right place but i still get nothing does not show up at all???
I do see the mission on the right side of the folder in explorer maybe i need to down load it again??????

DooDaH2007
04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Step one, getting the directory and files in the right place:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5830/explain1oh7.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explain1oh7.jpg) http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/812/explain1bye3.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explain1bye3.jpg)

Step two:
Load up the game and choose 'new pilot career'...

Step three, choose the campain:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9652/explain2um6.th.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explain2um6.jpg)

rcskypilot1953
04-03-2007, 07:05 PM
hello its me again sorry for all the trouble if you explain how to add the photos of my explorer i well show you what it looks like. Or i i can i can email them to you might be easier??? please let me know

Thanks Phil

DooDaH2007
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
If the 'STARIGHT_FROM_THE_FARM' and 'Practise' folders are not in the place as shown in my pictures, then return to step one...

By sending me your pictures, you would only make me try to put into words, what is shown in my pictures, and you know what they say about pictures... ...

rcskypilot1953
04-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Well guys i have given up on this i have tryed many times to make this work and it does not work for some reason i usually dont give up but thi time i am, so thanks fot all your good help and i well see you all in the formss. OH by the way does 1946 have any other missions thai i can download???
Phil

DooDaH2007
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
There are numerous missions and campains you can download, but unfortunatly, they almost all require the same install ways as this one...

Perhaps someone else can guide you towards missions/campains which install themselves...