PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order bonus songs / missing content and registration

koakawe
10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
How do I get my 2 free pre-order bonus songs; Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Free Bird” and Radiohead’s “Bodysnatchers?

Is it something I need to unlock?
I've been playing for 2 or 3 hours now and the only thing in the "Rocksmith Shop" (by Best Buy?!) seems to be the "Tone Designer Pack"

I unlocked the Gibson SG-1 guitar but there are no signs of the extra 3 effects pedals either.

There was no sort of access code to download extra content and even the URL to register the game (ubireg.com) that was listed in the "manual" is bad.
Going to "registration.ubi.com" gets me to a site but Rocksmith is nowhere on the drop-down list.

Any advice? Thanks,

CircusMidget_TS
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
You'll need to take your receipt back to Best Buy and have them give you the exclusive content code for the 2 songs. It should have been given to you when you were given the game. Also, check the receipt. They may have printed them on the receipt.

TinkMartin
10-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Solution for those who pre-ordered through BestBuy.com: Call 1-888-237-8289 and ask to be connected to someone in GAMING regarding your code for a pre-ordered game.

We were emailed a code right away for the two free songs, but no sign of the "Three Exclusive Effects Pedals".

It's progress anyway...

NightOwl392
10-18-2011, 06:53 PM
When do you unlock the BestBuy guitar?

pedgz
10-18-2011, 07:00 PM
hello!
same problem with me, but i placed a pre-order at my local gamestop. i asked them where's the pre-order dlc songs but i was told they didn't receive any codes. i double checked the receipt and the game's packaging, but nothing.

NightOwl392
10-18-2011, 07:06 PM
The game case has "exclusive edition" on it, maybe the pedals are in the game and not a code. Just wondering how you unlock them then.

NightOwl392
10-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cspencerjr:
The game case has "exclusive edition" on it, maybe the pedals are in the game and not a code. Just wondering how you unlock them then.

Of course the game disk doesn't mention anything about it being "exclusive".

koakawe
10-18-2011, 08:09 PM
I went back to the BB store and they found the sheet to scan and generate the codes.
The first 2 I got were for the PS3 because the sheet had the 360 & PS3 UPC codes reversed.
Third time is a charm...I have a 360...

I seem to remember that I unlocked the Gibson guitar this afternoon but still no indication of where the 3 bonus pedals are.

I'll try putting in the code for the 2 songs after my SO is done watching the Food Network. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

r1chard34
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I got the codes on my receipt from Gamestop, but where to I enter it. In the game there is the Guitar Center Download, but it says that there is nothing there yet.

Where in PS3 do I type in my codes?

koakawe
10-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Looks like the codes worked: +2 songs.

Maybe I'll call the 888-number tomorrow and ask about the pedals.

My fingertips need a break anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Coda05
10-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Did anyone notice the BB one had an 11mb update? what was that for?

Kitlerc
10-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Smartieblue:
Did anyone notice the BB one had an 11mb update? what was that for? How do you know it's just Best Buy ones?

And maybe it's the exclusive in game guitar and pedals?

jackaldark
10-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by r1chard34:
I got the codes on my receipt from Gamestop, but where to I enter it. In the game there is the Guitar Center Download, but it says that there is nothing there yet.

I believe you have to go to the Gamestop site and punch in your code from the receipt and it will give you your DLC code for the game.

I can't test this out until I go home tonight and check the receipt but I read that somewhere.

Here is the link to redeem the code:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/

Well upon further review there's nothing to input on that site so I guess those are the papers we should have received from gamestop.

Why is it that we always have to fight to get our pre-order bonuses all the time... sigh

Korey191
10-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Just got the code from Best Buy but I have no idea where or how to use it. I haven't seen anywhere in the game that I can enter it. Help please!

CrankyCaucasian
10-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Korey191:
Just got the code from Best Buy but I have no idea where or how to use it. I haven't seen anywhere in the game that I can enter it. Help please!

Are you on XBox? If so, go into your XBox live account and select redeem code, put it in there and you'll download the songs from the marketplace. I also had to call the number to get the codes emailed to me. Thanks TinkMartin, for the heads up.

Korey191
10-19-2011, 09:56 AM
On PS3 so I'll try the PSN store. Thanks!

CrankyCaucasian
10-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Korey191:
On PS3 so I'll try the PSN store. Thanks!

PS3? Then we are mortal enemies and I should not have helped you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZumaRocks
10-19-2011, 03:00 PM
PS3:
Account management, redeem codes.

koakawe
10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Did anyone else get a new email with a new code from BB this evening?
I am wondering if it is the pedals...

DocSoCal
10-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by koakawe:
I went back to the BB store and they found the sheet to scan and generate the codes.
The first 2 I got were for the PS3 because the sheet had the 360 & PS3 UPC codes reversed.
Third time is a charm...I have a 360...

I seem to remember that I unlocked the Gibson guitar this afternoon but still no indication of where the 3 bonus pedals are.

I'll try putting in the code for the 2 songs after my SO is done watching the Food Network. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The pedals are pre-installed, or at least were on my PS3 BB Disc. Go in AMP Mode and you can use the Trem-Ole', Power Chorder and Robo Crunch pedals right off the bat.

No code needed.

r1chard34
10-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jackaldark:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:

I believe you have to go to the Gamestop site and punch in your code from the receipt and it will give you your DLC code for the game.

I can't test this out until I go home tonight and check the receipt but I read that somewhere.

Here is the link to redeem the code:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/

Well upon further review there's nothing to input on that site so I guess those are the papers we should have received from gamestop.

Why is it that we always have to fight to get our pre-order bonuses all the time... sigh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got it done. You do it at the Playstation Store. There is a Redeem Codes Button at the top of the page. I think it's weird that to redeem your game code outside the game you are playing.

jackaldark
10-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Did anyone pre-order this game from EB Games in Canada?

I did and I didn't get the codes at all, nothing on the receipt, nothing in the box or on the book.

I called him and the clerk had no idea as usual..

Really lame because I rushed out to pre-order JUST to have the Free Bird song and now I don't get it. All I got was a useless strap I'll never use and one pick..

I'm pretty disappointed, why do they do this..

CrankyCaucasian
10-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by koakawe:

I got one too, and the code is different than the one I got when I called. Haven't had a chance to punch it in yet.

koakawe
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Same here. World Series last night.
The SO would have tried to kill me in my sleep with one of my guitars if I tried to play RS instead of letting her watch the game.
We live in St. Louis...

Maybe I'll try to enter the code this evening.

jackaldark
10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
If anyone bought it at EBGames in Canada, my Girlfriend went back and *****ed them out and they gave her a code claiming they received them yesterday...

Either way the code worked.

CrankyCaucasian
10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jasvic72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by koakawe:

I got one too, and the code is different than the one I got when I called. Haven't had a chance to punch it in yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the new one that was emailed to me was also for the 2 songs. I punched it in but then cancelled, so I don't know if that means it was used or not. So I might have an extra XBox code for the 2 songs if anyone is interested.

Hab_Fan
10-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by jackaldark:

I did and I didn't get the codes at all, nothing on the receipt, nothing in the box or on the book.

Really lame because I rushed out to pre-order JUST to have the Free Bird song and now I don't get it. All I got was a useless strap I'll never use and one pick..

I pre-ordered from EB Games and you definitely get your code from them, they should have it on a printout. When I picked mine up the guy wrote it by hand from his printout onto a paper for me. He even told me if the code he gave me didn't work for some reason to come back and he'd give me another one.

praecantrix
11-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Hab_Fan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jackaldark:

I pre-ordered from EB Games and you definitely get your code from them, they should have it on a printout. When I picked mine up the guy wrote it by hand from his printout onto a paper for me. He even told me if the code he gave me didn't work for some reason to come back and he'd give me another one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cool. i know i'm almost a month late but i was having fun with the other songs i forgot about the two free i was supposed to have gotten. i'll check in with my eb games tomorrow and see if they still have the codes.

txvepr
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Can anyone post the instructions on how to use the gamestop pre-order codes for the free songs? I cannot find anywhere to enter them or use them. This is for the PS3, the Gamestop codes for the songs.

koakawe
11-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I do not have a PS3 sorry.
I think someone on the forum posted how to enter them.

Search for it.

praecantrix
11-06-2011, 05:53 PM
for the xbox you put it into the same spot on your XBL profile where you put your live points codes. i don't own a ps3 but from what i understand it's the same concept

TonyFarkas
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I pre-ordered the guitar combo for xbox from best buy, I got an email with code for to download the 2 songs. I was able to redeem them with no problems from xbox live. but I don't see the 3 peddles in amp mode. Where are they located at?

koakawe
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TonyFarkas:
...I don't see the 3 peddles in amp mode. Where are they located at?
You have to unlock your first Authentic Tone to get them - or buy the Tone Pack to unlock them all.

moongrafik
11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
yeah just keep playing until you can rack up the points. I think I got mine after my second gig.

CircusMidget_TS
11-09-2011, 02:32 PM
The other players are right, those will be come unlocked when you crank out a certain amount of points. I want to say you have to get around 70k or higher.

TonyFarkas
11-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Will the 3 peddles only available to those of us who got the per-orders? or can other players unlock them in the game too?

PastorOMuppets
12-04-2011, 07:33 AM
well I have my codes on the reciept for xbox360 and put it in on the xbox in the redeem code box and ive tried the same online at xbox.cawm and both will not take the code ...bad code?