PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget the pilots movements please ;)

F19_Ob
09-25-2006, 03:01 AM
In BoB I would like to see some effort made regarding the pilot-model, its pose and movements.
Many groundobjects have been more worked on with detailed internals and all. Surely the pilot-model should have higher priority?

For me the pilot is an important part of the plane and should in a higher degree be animated as other parts of the plane, so it appears alive and therby more realistic.
For example a slumped over pilot indicates he is unconcious or dead, like holes in a wing indicates battledamage.
Whats the use of having animated elevator, aileron and rudder if the pilot looks looks like a dummie?

My FIRST suggestion is to make the pilots head move in coordination with the hatswitch but with smoother movements.
If the pilots body also could have some animations it would be even more realistic.
For example, when the pilot looks back and leans to see past the seat.

To the above I also suggest a SECOND thing, a default pilothead movement wich works in the way that he moves his head in coordination with elevator and ailerons, so that when one pull the stick the pilot automatically rises its head to look in the direction of flight.
When rolling the pilot looks to the side, and if elevator is used simultaneously the pilots looks diagonally up and a little to the side in the direction of roll.
This way the pilot always will be looking in the direction of flight by default, and then when simultaneously using the hatswitch to turn the pilots head it would start in a natural position.
This would make the pilot appear more alive instead of a dummie.

I also strongly suggest a setting to turn this animation off and on after preference.
If both ideas is implemented I suggest an option to turn them off or on separately.
The reason for this could be that the user of trackIr maybe cant use the hatswitch option to move the head, and therefore only wants to use the default pilothead-movement when using elevator and aileron.

I'm sure there are more ways to make the pilot an alive part of the simulation but this was what I got for now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Even if only the second suggestion is implemented the pilot would live.

F19_Ob
09-25-2006, 03:01 AM
In BoB I would like to see some effort made regarding the pilot-model, its pose and movements.
Many groundobjects have been more worked on with detailed internals and all. Surely the pilot-model should have higher priority?

For me the pilot is an important part of the plane and should in a higher degree be animated as other parts of the plane, so it appears alive and therby more realistic.
For example a slumped over pilot indicates he is unconcious or dead, like holes in a wing indicates battledamage.
Whats the use of having animated elevator, aileron and rudder if the pilot looks looks like a dummie?

My FIRST suggestion is to make the pilots head move in coordination with the hatswitch but with smoother movements.
If the pilots body also could have some animations it would be even more realistic.
For example, when the pilot looks back and leans to see past the seat.

To the above I also suggest a SECOND thing, a default pilothead movement wich works in the way that he moves his head in coordination with elevator and ailerons, so that when one pull the stick the pilot automatically rises its head to look in the direction of flight.
When rolling the pilot looks to the side, and if elevator is used simultaneously the pilots looks diagonally up and a little to the side in the direction of roll.
This way the pilot always will be looking in the direction of flight by default, and then when simultaneously using the hatswitch to turn the pilots head it would start in a natural position.
This would make the pilot appear more alive instead of a dummie.

I also strongly suggest a setting to turn this animation off and on after preference.
If both ideas is implemented I suggest an option to turn them off or on separately.
The reason for this could be that the user of trackIr maybe cant use the hatswitch option to move the head, and therefore only wants to use the default pilothead-movement when using elevator and aileron.

I'm sure there are more ways to make the pilot an alive part of the simulation but this was what I got for now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Even if only the second suggestion is implemented the pilot would live.

elephant_il2
09-25-2006, 05:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Some time ago I made such kind of suggestions to Oleg about the pilot model movement,in cockpit and during bail out proccedure and he said that special care with new animations will be given to BoB pilots.

Cap.Solaro
09-25-2006, 09:52 AM
Agree 200%!
I saw the pilot in to MS Combat Flght Simulator - and he is doind unbelvable human-like gestures! But...I thing that this was the only great feture there...The only - but realy GREAT!

Regards

stubby
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Pilot movements would be great but I would also like to see an option to allow very high polygon count rendered pilots as well. folks that wish to trade off this level of eye candy could do so by slimply moving a slider.