PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed II Damage/hitpoints Thread.

TangyCakes
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I believe your health should be 4 points, why?

It promotes players to think about their situation, should I go in stealth to avoid damage, but wait if i get discovered in such and such a place then It will be more dangerous than going head-on, or I could take the roof tops and only have to deal with the archers.

This how much damage I believe things should do:

Thrown Rocks= 1/4th of a hitpoint (16 rocks till death from full health)

Swords= 1 hitpoint (4 hits till death from full health)

Arrows= 1 and a half hitpoints (3 hits till death from full health)

If you fall off a tall building it takes away all your health, it also makes it much more epic, say if you get hit by a sword then stumble off a building it looks awesome because you don't just hop up again like nothing happened. Also it makes the game more tense which was really lacking in the first one, i didn't like it how you could kill 20 guys without any trouble at all.

What do you think?

TangyCakes
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM

It promotes players to think about their situation, should I go in stealth to avoid damage, but wait if i get discovered in such and such a place then It will be more dangerous than going head-on, or I could take the roof tops and only have to deal with the archers.

If you fall off a tall building it takes away all your health, it also makes it much more epic, say if you get hit by a sword then stumble off a building it looks awesome because you don't just hop up again like nothing happened. Also it makes the game more tense which was really lacking in the first one, i didn't like it how you could kill 20 guys without any trouble at all.

What do you think?

GkrewZ
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM
The idea is understandable and i have yet to see the full damage from certain weapons but wouldent an axe kill you in one hit? It would make fighting brutes nearly impossible unless theres means of dodging VERY effectivly since its been said you cant block a brutes attack especialy since its been confermed that you can be attacked by multiple aponents at once so i think that you shouldent take THAT much damage from some things since you could easily be hit by 2 or 3 guys almost instantly.

z0nnebril
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LBWWCCC:

What do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A bit pointless topic ... there are so many weapons that it is difficult to determine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

GkrewZ
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">z0nnebril </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wat z0nnebril said is also true since there are so many weapons with different stats it would make your hitpoint scale somewhat meaningless.

bladencrowd
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forums

This thread reminds me of my very first post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

Anyways your theory, like others have said, is flawed. In AC2 multiple guards can attack you at once, and brutes would dominate you if you had 4 hitpoints.

salted onions
10-28-2009, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Welcome to the forums

This thread reminds me of my very first post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

Anyways your theory, like others have said, is flawed. In AC2 multiple guards can attack you at once, and brutes would dominate you if you had 4 hitpoints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though it be pretty cool if after you finish the game once, you could change a difficulty to "Realism" (yes, the same name as the one in L4D2.), where a slash at you with a sword will greatly damage you, and after the first slice or two will cause you to stagger, and a brute's swing of an axe can kill you 1HKO. You would have to actually think like an assassin making lightning fast decisions, or just avoid conflict all together unless as a last resort.

El_Sjietah
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Welcome to the forums

Anyways your theory, like others have said, is flawed. In AC2 multiple guards can attack you at once, and brutes would dominate you if you had 4 hitpoints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though it be pretty cool if after you finish the game once, you could change a difficulty to "Realism" (yes, the same name as the one in L4D2.), where a slash at you with a sword will greatly damage you, and after the first slice or two will cause you to stagger, and a brute's swing of an axe can kill you 1HKO. You would have to actually think like an assassin making lightning fast decisions, or just avoid conflict all together unless as a last resort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this. Would make for a great challenge and it doesn't take too much effort to incorporate (I think, correct me if I'm wrong here)

salted onions
10-28-2009, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by childprodigy:

Though it be pretty cool if after you finish the game once, you could change a difficulty to "Realism" (yes, the same name as the one in L4D2.), where a slash at you with a sword will greatly damage you, and after the first slice or two will cause you to stagger, and a brute's swing of an axe can kill you 1HKO. You would have to actually think like an assassin making lightning fast decisions, or just avoid conflict all together unless as a last resort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this. Would make for a great challenge and it doesn't take too much effort to incorporate (I think, correct me if I'm wrong here) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I would like this to be in the game aswell, it's already 3 weeks until the game comes out, where they tie up all loose ends and fix all last minute glitches. There's always the hope of a DLC though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

El_Sjietah
10-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Who knows. And if not, there's always ACIII http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif