PDA

View Full Version : Voice acting in AC:Brotherhood.

Cjail
06-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Hello to everyone!
I have a small question for you guys since I really have not looked for news about AC:B.
I would like to know if Ubisoft have talked about raising the level of the Italian voices performances?
I am asking this because in AC2 the Italian dialogues where just ridiculously fake and even mispronounced so maybe in Brotherhood they have decided to hire some Italian actors to deliver a better realism to the game. (I am Italian so I know what I am talking about)
Thank you guys for you time and attention!

P.S.
For me it was really a pity to see, or I should say hear, that Ubisoft did nothing to deliver to the English audience a true idea of what Italian sounds like: you deserved something better that just wrong pronunciation and a Russian accent!

Cjail
06-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Hello to everyone!
I have a small question for you guys since I really have not looked for news about AC:B.
I would like to know if Ubisoft have talked about raising the level of the Italian voices performances?
I am asking this because in AC2 the Italian dialogues where just ridiculously fake and even mispronounced so maybe in Brotherhood they have decided to hire some Italian actors to deliver a better realism to the game. (I am Italian so I know what I am talking about)
Thank you guys for you time and attention!

P.S.
For me it was really a pity to see, or I should say hear, that Ubisoft did nothing to deliver to the English audience a true idea of what Italian sounds like: you deserved something better that just wrong pronunciation and a Russian accent!

SWJS
06-19-2010, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am asking this because in AC2 the Italian dialogues where just ridiculously fake </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um... you do know that a lot of the voice actors were, actually Italian, right? Plus the fact that they had hundreds of people coaching the ones who didn't know any italian at all.

Considering a few of the actors and actresses never even thought about speaking Italian, I'd say they did a good job.

Besides, it's far more tolerable than Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs trying to make a Guatemalan cameraman pass off German as Spanish. "Was ist das?!" I couldn't help but laugh at how absurd that was.