PDA

View Full Version : D3A campaign not working properly

henhute6
02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
I'm slightly disappointed to IJN bomber campaign.

Usally one plane crashes after take off. Seems that if plane number two takes off first it crashes.

Fellow AI wingmen aren't also very eager to attack shipping. Carrier strike didn't quite succeed as I was only plane to attack enemy carriers.

Finkeren
02-23-2005, 07:00 AM
The dynamic campaigns in PF are a nightmare http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif But right from the first IL2 game there has been a problem with getting AI to attack ships properly. Especially since you cannot target speciffic ships.
The best to hope for is, that it gets better in BOB

Lusitaniii
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Even the quick mission editor has loads of faults, at least in the pacific islands map...i have never seen a bomber striking the axis airbase correctly, the prefer the whyte sandy beach....which i can understand...but not for bombing :P

sc1949
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Try Getting them to cover you, then head to target, order the attack when closer. Dunno, I've got "some" help this way, just not always.

Flakwalker
02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
If you are the lider, just follow the waypoints or be on autopilot. The plane will go closer to the carrier, or even pass it, then when you reach that waypoint the other D3A comence the attack or you aswell if you are on autopilot. If you order them to attack ships they will make a dive and drop them at will over the target without aim. I found this on the QMB, I dint go a try on campaign. By doing this the accurate was good, at least I remember 1 or 2 water columns.

Feathered_IV
02-26-2005, 03:03 AM
If your wingman takes off first he will start to turn as soon as he clears the carrier to attempt to form on your wing. They never make it and stall into the drink everytime. Make sure you get off first and fly straight for a while till he gets clear of the carrier.

I can't figure out how to get them to obey bombing commands though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif.