PDA

View Full Version : Effect of sinking neutrals?

SnowHeart
03-22-2005, 10:58 AM
What's the effect of sinking "neutral" vessels? The last two convoys I intercepted (1940) had a bunch of British tankers and light cargo vessels, with some American C3's pulling up the rear but listed in the green as neutral (nevermind the fact that you could see tanks and aircraft on the decks... gee, what's that, humanitarian aid?). So, I sunk a couple of them along with the British T3 and T2s in the convoy. Does that have a negative effect?

Also, what is the effect of sinking a passenger liner? I saw somewhere it was listed as -20,000 gross tons, but I wasn't sure if the negative was a typo or if it was a punishment for sinking a passenger vessel.

SnowHeart
03-22-2005, 10:58 AM
What's the effect of sinking "neutral" vessels? The last two convoys I intercepted (1940) had a bunch of British tankers and light cargo vessels, with some American C3's pulling up the rear but listed in the green as neutral (nevermind the fact that you could see tanks and aircraft on the decks... gee, what's that, humanitarian aid?). So, I sunk a couple of them along with the British T3 and T2s in the convoy. Does that have a negative effect?

Also, what is the effect of sinking a passenger liner? I saw somewhere it was listed as -20,000 gross tons, but I wasn't sure if the negative was a typo or if it was a punishment for sinking a passenger vessel.

RealHondo
03-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Sinking neutrals will decrease your renown, but I don't think that sinking liners does anything.

RealHondo
03-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Sinking neutrals will decrease your renown, but I don't think that sinking liners does anything.