PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 PC Update

kleaneasy
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

An update is now available for Assassins Creed 2 PC ready for release day so you can download as soon as you install the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

The update includes the following fixes...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>* Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored
* Added support for ATI Eyefinity technology
* Fixed minor performance issues related to some multi-core processors
* Now reset graphics options if a new video card or monitor is detected
* Fixed some minor issues in Uplay Browser
[/list]

NOTE: This thread is for update information ONLY, if you wish to post feedback on the game please use THIS THREAD (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=9731093738&r=9731093738#9731093738), Thanks

kleaneasy
03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi all :)

An update is now available for Assassins Creed 2 PC ready for release day so you can download as soon as you install the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored
Added support for ATI Eyefinity technology
Fixed minor performance issues related to some multi-core processors
Now reset graphics options if a new video card or monitor is detected
Fixed some minor issues in Uplay Browser

NOTE: This thread is for update information ONLY, if you wish to post feedback on the game please use THIS THREAD (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=9731093738&r=9731093738#9731093738), Thanks

mojito101
03-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Sigh... I was so excited for this game. I was just about to go buy it after work today. I was searching for a review and found out that you need to be constantly connected to the internet just to play. Believe it or not, not everyone has a constant internet connection.. and these are usually the same people who play SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.

I have read hundreds of comments from people who are no longer going to purchase the game. Congratulations on losing yet another sale.

dimonakid
03-04-2010, 07:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I Totaly Agree With You !
Im Am So Disapointed !!!!!!
What Am I Going To Do Now\?!
Im Moving To South Africa Next Week (To JohannesBurg)
And I Wont Have Any Internet !!!
Since They Use Bandwith In South Africa And The Maximum Speed Is Only 57KB!!

Well I Also Wont But This Game !!!!
Usualy I Buy 2 Copies, one Copy To Use & 1 Copy For Putting In My Archive !!!!
Some Game Are Definatly Worth Of Keeping Safe !

p.s.
Maybe They Will Make A pirate Versoon That We Wont Be Needing To Be Connected To The Internet?!
The Hackers Alredy Proof ThemSelves To Hack And Crack Some Very NAsy Game Protection!
I Also Think That If The Companies Would Advertise To The Players And Would GREAT The ONLINE GAmePlay Then The End Of Pirate Gaming Will Be Useless!
Once People Will Se That What They Get Over ONLINE Is Not The Same As The Single Players Then They Will Buy Games!

Stephan1237
03-04-2010, 07:55 AM
There will be a update for that . You need only internet at the start of your game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

demonbykov
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi

Makai49
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Oh No! Not Assassins Creed 2 as well. I just had to return a greatly anticipated SH5 because of this reason. I have really been looking forward to AC2. I actually already prepaid at the local Gamestop store and have been eagerly awaiting the games arrival on the 9th. At least I can go in and get my money back now without the added frustration of having the game in hand and not being able to play it. Very disappointing.

mojito101
03-04-2010, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dimonakid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am originally from South Africa, and trust me It's more affordable in SA than it is here in Australia! You're right though it's not very fast but it will do for playing ACII and I played years of WoW and other online games with it, it's not so bad.

You can get much faster than 57kb now too, so don't worry. Check out a company called axxess (www.axxess.co.za) its really cheap prepaid internet, and if you buy 1gb of data for example it can last forever, it won't expire after one month or whatever, so no contracts or anything.

Pity you are moving to Johannesburg! It's the worst part of the country!

Makai49
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
After reading this thread I went into Gamestop and they confirmed that AC2 is restricted to online play. I had to cancel my order and get my $57 back. It sounds like I am not the first. Bummer. I was really looking forward to this game.

chaosguy11
03-04-2010, 06:28 PM
You see this game is a great idea and all but we all know that the drm is a complete fail on ubsofts part knowing that single player games are meant to not have internet connection but in this specific game you earn special acheivments that are accesed through an online webpage so you can keep track of your achievments ingame and out.i think...

chaosguy11
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM
A quick question though ... where will this patch be availiable?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
seen some stupidity in games in my many years gaming,but this has to take the prize.

what kind of idiot suggested this "have to be online to play" kind of drm ?
i just dropped my isp for a new deal,which means a 3 week wait for phone line to revert,and then a 10 days wait to get new isp up and running.

so no internet for a long time,i just had to cancel the order,and am not too happy about doing it.

most drm moans are about performance,but this is the first time i ever saw a drm that would actually get people looking for a bent version of the game ?

whoever put this forward needs sacking,because you have a traitor working at ubisoft.

zelemxan
03-04-2010, 11:36 PM
i'm agree with previous person....how stupid the company has to be to create an idea to make a game with connected internet whole the time?!first of all,people have to pay for stupid internet extra money to play this stupid game and the second,none of the servers in the world willbe able to keep such huge amount of players at the same time, so for sure there will be porblems!however i don't worry too much about that becasue russians are going to make a crack for this game as they did for all previous ones, so peopl,if anyone needs a crack to this game it's gonna be soon.i'll wait a couple more weeks and then i'll download small crack.believe me Ubisoft never in his history done any game which wouldn't be cracked by russians....THIS IS A FACT!

P.S.for smart people,who don't want to spend $70 for a game i suggest to wait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NerviG
03-05-2010, 01:56 AM
where i can find the donwload link from this patch?

can somebody help? thx

ilyuzhko
03-05-2010, 04:30 AM
When you install the game shows that there is a virus ... (yplaybrowser.exe)

http://www.virustotal.com/ru/a...77c3deca9-1267707574 (http://www.virustotal.com/ru/analisis/0b91c16675568d23abff306ff2bfbe60bb5f6a7ecfcdd3904f 06f0777c3deca9-1267707574)

need patch...

kleaneasy
03-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Guys can we please have feedback posts in This Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=9731093738&r=9731093738#9731093738), posts in here should relate to the update only. Thanks

sysrei
03-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Cancelled my pre-order too.It's an absurd way to do business.

Xanatos2007
03-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Did you not just see the post above yours?

Black_Widow9
03-06-2010, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Did you not just see the post above yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Xanatos2007
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Did you not just see the post above yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...Did I do something? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

gunman7772010
03-07-2010, 01:23 PM
When is the next update?

lacmcc
03-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm posting this here in vain that someone from UBI sees this and can get someone to respond to my refund request.

I lived up to my end of the DRM bargain by providing an always-on high-speed connection, but you have not provided a login system that allows me to play whenever I want.

Someone official please contact me with details on how to get a refund.

Thanks.

Madubu
03-08-2010, 05:03 AM
If the next update removes the drm (finally), i'm buying.

mattred
03-08-2010, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dimonakid:
I Totaly Agree With You !
Im Am So Disapointed !!!!!!
What Am I Going To Do Now\?!

Well I Also Wont But This Game !!!!
Usualy I Buy 2 Copies, one Copy To Use & 1 Copy For Putting In My Archive !!!!
Some Game Are Definatly Worth Of Keeping Safe !

p.s.
Maybe They Will Make A pirate Versoon That We Wont Be Needing To Be Connected To The Internet?!
The Hackers Alredy Proof ThemSelves To Hack And Crack Some Very NAsy Game Protection!
I Also Think That If The Companies Would Advertise To The Players And Would GREAT The ONLINE GAmePlay Then The End Of Pirate Gaming Will Be Useless!
Once People Will Se That What They Get Over ONLINE Is Not The Same As The Single Players Then They Will Buy Games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhm do u think we ride on elephants also to work and have lions in our back yard

SA has full on broad band with speeds up to and over 3gigs a second depending on what tipe on service u use

Trotterwatch
03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Have you managed to fix the infamous walking through walls bug yet?

Paulkman
03-09-2010, 01:10 AM
And how about terrible mouse aiming? Even on sensivity 10 there is strange smoothing and acceleration that makes gameplay sloppy.
I accepted the terrible DRM system, but aiming finished me once and for all.
Also, Characters hold KNIFE and CAPTAIN'S SWORD wrong - back to front.
And there's will be good to allow take off armour and weapons...

Rayd10
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I think this DRM security is fail...
Please Ubisoft lets think.. Who live in egypt or another place of the world who have only 0.5Mb/s net and every 10 mins will C/L he restarting game every 10 min,? lol I think offline version is much better than this way...And hackers?...Always have hackers u cant stop this i too hate but its the world....

burimii
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
No internet at home No Assassins Creed 2 this is not fair ...

kyr88
03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Seriously.. I demand to have the same treatment as the console players. play the game i play for whenever, wherever and even 50 years from now. Console players didnt have to be online all the time. or wait for your stupid servers to work. And for your own good, you'd better fixed every single minor/major bug or dont ever care what to justify your ridiculous 5 month delay.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

Thats why we preorder. so that we can play the game ASAP. not because we like to see how you screw things up&gt;

BinJuice82
03-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Could you please tell me whether there is going to be an update in the near future?

I know Ubi is not in the habit of posting changelogs for patches but that would be great if possible.

persian0077
03-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Well, I played through the game, and now I want to play some good missions again... but I can't. Why? Because we're unable to reload Sequences, and memories! That sucks! In the pause menu you can check the sequences, and every missions during the game, but you CAN't EVEN LOAD THEM! I ask: why? In AC1 we were able to reload the memory blocks, but now we CAN'T. So, please, Ubisoft, do something, release a patch, which will allow us that we can reload all missions of this fantastic, amazing, awesome game. PLEASE!

RST101
03-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi I just purchased the game via download(gamesplanet.com) and I am wondering if the patch automatically updates as I run the game or do I manually need to install.

Cheers...

RST101
03-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Hello,

Any chance of some support or is that it now they got my money?

Paulkman
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RST101:
Hello,

Any chance of some support or is that it now they got my money? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmm, when I launched the game first time, it automatically downloaded and then (then) asked do I need a patch. I accepted, of course.
So, I think, there is everything all right with autoupdate.
Anyway, running the game directly through AssassinsCreedII.exe will cause autoupdate.

TheZelf
03-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I would be interested in BUYING this game, but until this DRM is patched out of an otherwise good game I am here to say that I am one of what I am sure is many many people who will not only not purchase your game but will also not pirate it. So until you learn that, you will lose more money from the people who refuse to buy than you ever lost to piracy.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

Black_Widow9
03-14-2010, 12:55 PM
This Thread is not to be used for DRM. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Lisuchan
03-16-2010, 01:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST (March 15, 2010):
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
This Thread is not to be used for DRM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree; nonetheless, the tremendous inflow if DRM comments should serve a clear message of what players are most concerned about. Players are dying for updates; I myself have been checking bing and yahoo news daily, but the most recent ones had always been about the March 4 and 7(?) server attacks. If UBIsoft is planning a fix-up, half a line on the forum would help a lot.
This game still has potential (because it has so many to-be-made sales, largely due to the DRM), but whatever UBIsoft is planning to do to turn that chance into cash, it better be quick, because potential buyers are quickly running out of faith. And if UBIsoft is releasing a patch, please shoot me an e-mail so I can run to the nearest GameStop.

UPDATE (March 16 2010):
Thanks, knowing UBIsoft is kept informed helps a lothttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
My major concern now is whether these forum reports sufficiently deliver UBIsoft the intensity of the situation, because the latest article I found on the DRM issue was published on May 7 or 9 (that is on the second server attack), and I had not seen or heard an UBIsoft modifications. Sometimes the "good intentions" of the programs seem to make developers unwilling to accept negative outcomes (this, I believe, is many people's real concern; I have no intention to accuse Forum Managers of being unaware, but as I have said elsewhere, as the part of the public that "is highly interested in the unfamiliar game and is doing the final research on whether to buy the game", I'm dying for news).
As an example of my pre-parenthesis concern,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">EA's CEO John Riccitiello recently spoke to Gamasutra about DRM, and sadly it still doesn't seem as if he understands the level of resentment and anger this issue has aroused...He described the DRM furor as "a great PR program. They picked the highest-profile game they could find."
Kuchera, Ben. "EA's DRM, arrogance may cause gamers to skip good titles." Ars Technica 15 Oct 2008. Web. 16 Mar 2010. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll be checking for updates~

Deaths_Assassin
03-16-2010, 07:41 AM
umm there probly with the game i'm at the mission when i have to kill 4 tagert at S4

and i'm unable to countie , or even load....... can we fix this please? i appciate it very much, and my brother having the glitch also but ingame where he learnin how to blind with apla she dosen't appear for him.

Black_Widow9
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hsieh2:
I agree; nonetheless, the tremendous inflow if DRM comments should serve a clear message of what players are most concerned about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact is there are already Topics concerning this, so this one doesn't need to turn into a DRM rant thread. Believe me we are reading and reporting everything we see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Lisuchan
03-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot.
I've updated my post above.

darnokz
03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hsieh2:
I agree; nonetheless, the tremendous inflow if DRM comments should serve a clear message of what players are most concerned about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact is there are already Topics concerning this, so this one doesn't need to turn into a DRM rant thread. Believe me we are reading and reporting everything we see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do not remove DRM , it actually works, pirates still dont have a crack or anything... this is first step into destroying piracy. And I had no single issue with DRM other than 1 time disconnect.

korkidog
03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I was able to play AC2 the first day I got it, but since then the servers are always down?!?! Come on Ubisoft, you are a BIG company!! Fix this issue and let those of us who preordered the game play the game!!

thyo47
03-18-2010, 06:39 AM
please ubisoft make patch offline http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

thyo47
03-18-2010, 06:55 AM
if you not make patch offline
i just wanna say "maybe people think twice for buy your game"

vannatta2
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM

The fact is there are already Topics concerning this, so this one doesn't need to turn into a DRM rant thread. Believe me we are reading and reporting everything we see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'll believe that when I can play the game offline. They don't give a crap; they just want their money.

vannatta2
03-18-2010, 09:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arathad:

Please do not remove DRM , it actually works, pirates still dont have a crack or anything... this is first step into destroying piracy. And I had no single issue with DRM other than 1 time disconnect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they didn't charge $60 for untested, buggy games that we can't even play offline, then piracy wouldn't be such a big issue. I own the game, but if pirates can make an offline version you bet your I'll be downloading it. Same with all future games that are the same way.

AndreasElf
03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
For ubisoft...
Is there a second patch on the way?
Because, there is a couple of annoying bugs in the game.

Aborigine
03-23-2010, 03:14 AM
Yet again, where the hell did u buy ur game? Didn't bother to make research did u... I browsed some online shops the day be4 the release, got the game on the 5th of march priced @ 37Ä, that's about 50$ (less than most new games in my country).

Never had any bugs in the game and hell we're gna be compensated for the servers being down.

shekc
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
People certainly a question not in a theme, but I had a problem how to change the password to an input in game?

Zod911
04-04-2010, 02:14 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Damn hackers..Ubisoft you must stop this.

Shameless pirates will never learn. :x
I paid 60$ for this awesome game and these are playing for free now..Ubisoft do something...use new type of protection now.Your DRM has failed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

AndreasElf
04-04-2010, 10:44 AM
If that's true what you are saying, it's a
It might finally be possible to play without a permanent internet connection.

Madubu
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
If it's cracked, look at the bright side of this.
Didn't ubi said that if the game got cracked, they would patch it offline??
Looks like there's still a chance that i'll order the game after all.

I'm just waiting for the patch, so i can buy it, without supporting the drm.

BadAssDante123
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Looks like the DRM has failed again. First with SH5 and now with AC2. Seems there's no uncrackable protection for you again, Ubisoft. Keep trying, it's funny to see it not working out xD

OnThePeco
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Heh finished the game and my internet nor the Ubi SV failed me once. But since i played the game at this date i would suppose that the sv is stable, no? correct me on that.

f0xx123
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM
They have to understand theres no uncrackable game... perhaps games like wow are more effective...

DRM didnt give me problems but there are numerous things Ubi has to fix commecing with the performance, the game has low performance some optimizations would be appreciated..

thoraero4
04-10-2010, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zod911:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Damn hackers..Ubisoft you must stop this.

Shameless pirates will never learn. :x
I paid 60$ for this awesome game and these are playing for free now..Ubisoft do something...use new type of protection now.Your DRM has failed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone'd better stop ubisoft from this stupidity. It has been too long already.

Black_Widow9
04-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Again I will remind you of the TOPIC of this Thread. Please stay on it or it will be locked.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Hi all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>* Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored
* Added support for ATI Eyefinity technology
* Fixed minor performance issues related to some multi-core processors
* Now reset graphics options if a new video card or monitor is detected
* Fixed some minor issues in Uplay Browser
[/list]

NOTE: This thread is for update information ONLY, if you wish to post feedback on the game please use THIS THREAD (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=9731093738&r=9731093738#9731093738), Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mickel-mik
04-10-2010, 04:34 PM
??????????? , ??????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?????????????? ???????, ???????? ???? ??? ??:

<span class="ev_code_RED">These are English speaking Forums. Please post accordingly. Also, personal info isn't allowed on the Forums. If you would like someone to contact you have them send you a PM.</span>

milono77
04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* Game can now be continued from the exact same point when connection is restored </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good, but the update does not explain about 'after how long the connection is restored'. Is there any differences among one second, one minute, one hour, one day, one week, and one month? It's Ok if within minutes, but I can no way remember what I've done the last if it is restored 'one month later'?

Imagine this situation:
Me: Hey, could you please fix the connection faster? I need it! It's urgent!
Technician: We can lend you our wireless internet access. Do you need to reply an important e-mail?
Me: No, I was playing Assassin's Creed II and the internet was down while I was in the middle of fight. Please I need to continue to game fast, otherwise I'll lose my mood and my character dies!
Technician: (I can't imagine how they will react but weird look and peculiar smile are what I will most likely get in return)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now, Ubisoft, you've really made fun of us, your customers..

vanityxo
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
PLEASE add the ability to remove gear and weapons, I want to use just one hidden blade, the whole bracer thing the second one adds isn't pretty.
Also please make the alternative outfits throughout the game usable, at least for when you've finished the game. The starter outfit, golden mask, soldier etc.

Also, just for PC, it would be terrific if you could remove the way the camera focuses and locks up during certain things, like puzzles where you need to jump and there's a time limit.
I'm thinking catacombs with timed gates.

It might be helpful on the consoles but on the PC it's excruciating because it completely messes up the directions of the jumps.

Remember, without the mouse to move the camera, we only have 8 directions to jump in, we don't have thumbsticks.

f0xx123
04-13-2010, 04:00 AM
The last patch almost did nothing of performance optimizations so please continue to focus on the performance.

loveubisoft2010
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
hey brothers i get animus bug problem do u know how to fix it

pirujanopako
04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hey brothers i get animus bug problem do u know how to fix it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy the game

abigailej
04-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I need help I insteled game start play but when I go on the desk wtih hero and start the game dont strat I see only white screen. Help Please

rahulananda
04-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Well guys any idea about the next patch. I have come across a funny bug in Venice. Multiple rapid spawning of archers. It funny though, the archers kept on spawning at the edge of the roof and started falling in the water like rats. Reminded me of the movie 300 where Leonidas pushes the enemies on to the sea.

The spawning started just sec before the archer attacked me. Another bug that I found was in air assassination. When i activated an air assassination from the roof I landed some 20 odd steps behind the target blocked by a wall.

Lisuchan
04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Of course I have ideas for the next patch.
This is a repost from the "Feedback" topic, but it's more relevant here.

Summary (Please refer to pages 15/16 of the "Feedback" thread for more detail; posted by me, hsieh2).
This is the list of problems to fix, in order of relevancy.
(*) means "AC1 has the environment for the problem, but it does not have the problem; in other words, AC1 has the solution. So I expect the fix to be easy and non-time-consuming. Therefore, I would expect them fixed in no time."
Please, for the next patch, at least fix problems 1-5:

(0. DRM)

1. Reaccess missions after game completion, (*)
(in addition, replay with all current equipments)

2. Citizen slaughter after game completion, (*)

3. Kill the selected target, not another nearby, (*)

4. Donít let a (literally dead) man desynchronize me in stealth missions,
ideas for the fix:
easy way out: time limit when seen,
more reasonable way: the guard runs toward a mass of people (reasonable, since this is a stealth mission); slice his throat or his stomach before he reaches them. If the player does, the player is not dissynchronized; else he/she is,

5. Stealth moves should be stealthed; they should not raise any notoriety, else it's self-defeating,

6. Disable factions selection during fights,

7. Rooftop guards shouldn't have 360 Degree eye sight; I don't!, (*)

8. Show the (at least two) most relevant target positions of races so I don't have to stop everytime I reach one, (*)

9. Donít jump on guards when jumping off roof-tops.

luk4s1995
04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi all i need CD-KEY pls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TheLeoCrow
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luk4s1995:
Hi all i need CD-KEY pls http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buy the game, open the box and you will find the key on the booklet. Another problem solved.

ashiohsiao
05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Ubi, any news on an update patch for AC2? I can play AC1 perfectly well with excellent fps on my system, but not AC2, no matter what I do...

Please release an update patch for turning off shadows or improve the performance to be like AC1!

zeejay21
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I prefer an offline play patch. Already AC2's been cracked (and so is Splinter Cell Conviction) so c'mon, an offline patch just like Ubisoft considered last year.

Most of us (here) had already bought the game to show support so do us a favor. Let's us play offline and let the Uplay achievements upload once connected. If the previous patch can allow save point syncs once connected, why not the whole game?

thefirstparham
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I know It's CRAZY ! But what I've done was Buying ACII originally and then Playing cracked version .
I bought it , just for respect to UBI and that means I don't want AssassinsCreed to be death ! I really hope for next episodes . . .
And I'm playing creacked version , because it's so easy to play and I can ENJOY the game . actually if you just look at the "Entertainment" philosophy , the original version is more like a trouble maker !

But "AC" is still alive because of UBI , and I thanks for that. maybe someday customers going to be more respectable by UBISoft ENTERTAINMENT !

Sorry for "ENG" if . . . I'm Persian .

DJBare
06-11-2010, 03:44 PM
A texture patch would be nice also, the ones in the game are obviously dumbed down to aid performance on consoles, but I'm pretty certain you have the original HD textures, I would be willing to pay for those textures.

P.S the game does look good so long as you do not look to close at the detail, there were obviously some real artists involved, I'm sure you would like people to see your HD detailed art.

Vardaan19962010
09-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Ok,its cool.Can i get the updateds of Assassin's Creed 2.

wakas511
01-06-2011, 01:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arathad:

Please do not remove DRM , it actually works, pirates still dont have a crack or anything... this is first step into destroying piracy. And I had no single issue with DRM other than 1 time disconnect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AleCylon
03-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Are you dumb or just simple ******? the online DRM was cracke within a month of release of AC2 and SCC, I played the retail version of AC2 but the DRM was so ******ed that I move to the cracked version later.

I have my original copy of AC2 and also the crack, server emultor for the game, can you PLEASE UBISOFT make a offline patch for the game?.

You already drop the stupid DRM just please reverse the error made to the costumers.

Drucifa
11-10-2011, 04:52 AM
I too was disappointed with UBISOFT for making a single player game require online access constantly through the game.... as I previously did not have internet... I realize it is for copyprotection purposes only and as for the rewards,,, save it ubisoft. Keep online usage for multiplayer games however I really think the A/C's games are the best game genre going... lucky I now have internet as I would have stopped purchasing AC after no.1 despite my enjoyment of the game.

Drucifa
11-10-2011, 05:09 AM
I agree totally.... finished the game quickly on order to have all the goodies weapons and Kick butt but cannot redo missions to get fulfillment of the game WTF?? I thought I was going to be able to redo missions but with all the adds like armour and weapons and learnt skills which would be a step up from AC1 where if ya redid the missions then ya only had early skills... PATCH THIS PLEASE ASWELL AS ALWAYS ONLINE!!!