PDA

View Full Version : Very strange CTD, help needed

Foehammer-1
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok, grid AM52, got a convoy report. However, it appeared as a large circle. Not the box, but a circle of the same size.

Moving to intercept, got another report. Drew the line of its course and set up the accurate intercept route.

Proceeding on the surface, calm sea, 1/3rd speed. Time compression at 64x.

Within about 30km of the convoy, the hard drive starts going nuts, and I get the "sorry for the inconvenience" screen.

15 minutes of loading down the drain.

This has happened 3 times, on different speed and different time compression...

Any ideas what this is?

I have intercepted a convoy earlier in the same patrol, if that helps. This has never happened before... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Foehammer-1
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok, grid AM52, got a convoy report. However, it appeared as a large circle. Not the box, but a circle of the same size.

Moving to intercept, got another report. Drew the line of its course and set up the accurate intercept route.

Proceeding on the surface, calm sea, 1/3rd speed. Time compression at 64x.

Within about 30km of the convoy, the hard drive starts going nuts, and I get the "sorry for the inconvenience" screen.

15 minutes of loading down the drain.

This has happened 3 times, on different speed and different time compression...

Any ideas what this is?

I have intercepted a convoy earlier in the same patrol, if that helps. This has never happened before... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Messervy
12-15-2008, 09:34 PM
My best guess is that when a convoy is 30 kilometers away the game start to load 3D objects. obviously something is wrong in that general area of your files.

HW3
12-16-2008, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, grid AM52, got a convoy report. However, it appeared as a large circle. Not the box, but a circle of the same size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happens when the lead ship in the convoy (middle ship in the front row)is a submarine instead.

Messervy
12-16-2008, 05:57 AM
That would explain the circle, but not CTD.

VikingGrandad
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HW3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, grid AM52, got a convoy report. However, it appeared as a large circle. Not the box, but a circle of the same size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happens when the lead ship in the convoy (middle ship in the front row)is a submarine instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the circular icon showed that the convoy is being (or has been) attacked by an AI-controlled U-boat.

Foehammer-1
12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Whatever. I plotted a course and steered well away from it. Almost ran into it again by accident. Swerved away again. So far so good.

Guess I will just stay away from those cirle convoys from now on.

VikingGrandad
12-18-2008, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Messervy:
My best guess is that when a convoy is 30 kilometers away the game start to load 3D objects. obviously something is wrong in that general area of your files. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Messervy is right. Somehow you've got some corrupt/missing files in your installation. Perhaps a certain kind of ship (or AI sub) that was part that particular convoy. If that's the case, then you might get a CTD if you encounter that same type of ship/sub in different circumstances.

I see convoys with circular icons quite often, and have never had a CTD or other problem when approaching them.

Maybe try browsing through the Museum to see if you get any problems?