PDA

View Full Version : what is the animus??

drking_100
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
i played ac 1,2 and brotherhood but the only thing that is confusing me about the game is what is the animus.i know that is a machine that allow to someone too see their ancestors memories and other stuff but i dont understand is why at the ending of ac 2 when ezio is asking about desmond,if its a memory ,why when i kill someone on the streets its says that altair or ezio doesnt kill civilians.

can someone explain me what the animus do.because i am confused that animus let you see memories or lets desmond play trought them like if its at the ezio or altair bodies.

sorry for my english.

D.I.D.
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by drking_100:
i played ac 1,2 and brotherhood but the only thing that is confusing me about the game is what is the animus.i know that is a machine that allow to someone too see their ancestors memories and other stuff but i dont understand is why at the ending of ac 2 when ezio is asking about desmond,if its a memory ,why when i kill someone on the streets its says that altair or ezio doesnt kill civilians.

can someone explain me what the animus do.because i am confused that animus let you see memories or lets desmond play trought them like if its at the ezio or altair bodies.

sorry for my english.

The machine is a kind of simulator. It is explained in the early games that there is a problem of rejection - Abstergo have discovered that the machine will only work smoothly if the user shares genetic heritage with the person in history. They also point out that while the user is free to move around in the historical world, if he or she diverts too far from the actions of the ancestor then the machine simulation will break down (a circumstance they refer to as de-synchronisation).

On the other hand, in Brotherhood it was revealed that if the user maintains good synchronisation with the ancestor's actions, the simulation is strengthened and the user will be able to witness even more of the ancestor's memory (which was a means of justifying the unlockable Cristina memories).