PDA

View Full Version : cannot raise gear..or cancel other assignments

psalm10720
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I have IL-2 running on vista and am using an AV8 joystick and two power quardrants I use in FSX.

My problems are thus....

Even though G is used to raise and lower gear, after takeoff pressing G is no good. Does not raise the gear.

I havent figured out how to delete current assignments so that when I enter a new assignment it enters two assignments.

I want to be able to control propeller pitch with the AV8 Right hand power lever.. Is that possible?

Are there any updates available?

thanks

psalm10720
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I have IL-2 running on vista and am using an AV8 joystick and two power quardrants I use in FSX.

My problems are thus....

Even though G is used to raise and lower gear, after takeoff pressing G is no good. Does not raise the gear.

I havent figured out how to delete current assignments so that when I enter a new assignment it enters two assignments.

I want to be able to control propeller pitch with the AV8 Right hand power lever.. Is that possible?

Are there any updates available?

thanks

Aaron_GT
02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Add the same assignment twice and it removes the first one.

berg417448
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Are you flying the F4F Wildcat or the I-16? Those aircraft have manual landing gear. You must go into controls and assign a key to "Raise Gear" and another key to "Lower Gear". You must press the key multiple times (40 or so?) in order to raise or lower completely.

Anvilfolk
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi there,

I know only a little, but I might be able to answer a couple of those questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Some planes require manual gear handling. If you go to the controls section there should be something to that effect. You have to press the button you assign repeatedly until you get it up (the message will show up on the right of the screen). It can get tricky if you're taking off a loaded plane on a carrier and need to reduce drag ASAP after takeoff!

To delete current assignments, just assign the same key again. The one you assigned twice should remain, the other should dissapear.

Not sure about the prop pitch, sorry. Never actually use it! Oops!

For updates, 4.08 is currently recommended, I believe. 4.09 is community made (i.e. unnoficial), and some online servers are starting to use it, but not the majority as far as I know. Someone else should clarify this better.

Hope some of this helped, good luck!

-- edit --

Aww, you guys beat me to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dashman
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
You may be flying a plane that has manual gear up/down. It has to be mapped to the controls. I use control/g to raise and shift/g to lower.

It's weird that IL2 doesn't allow the "Set to Default" to reset just the one you have highlighted to change. I go to a different control and twice tell it to use the keystroke that I've assigned to the one I want to delete, tell it yes twice to reassign it, and that takes it off of the one you want to have blank.

Weird, I know. Maybe someone knows a more straightforward way?

I think you can only assign prop-pitch to non-HOTAS controls. If it's in the bottom of the control list (HOTAS) then it can be-don't think it's there, though. I have an AV8R and I use the left slider for elevator trim and the right for aileron trim. Mouse scroll does the throttle.

Sorry don't know about if Vista is a factor, but I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
You should be able to assign Prop Pitch to an axis in the HOTAS section at the bottom of the controls list.

dashman
02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, yeah, prop pitch is right there in the HOTAS section as Urufu said. That'll teach me to try to help out from memory...

DKoor
02-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Maybe this can be of some help;
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/total_newbie.jpg

Just in case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

jamesblonde1979
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
If you can't get it to work by trying any of the above just hit 'a' and the autopilot will do it for you. (Until you figure out what the problem is)

DuxCorvan
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Elvis has left the building?