PDA

View Full Version : Dive bombing in the Ju-87's

squadldr76
07-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I've got another question too. I'm also trying out the art of dive bombing and I've noticed that the Stukas seem to auto-release the bombs. Is this part of the bombing mechanism or am I maybe gaining too much speed? Is there a way to shut it off?

Just wondering. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

squadldr76
07-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I've got another question too. I'm also trying out the art of dive bombing and I've noticed that the Stukas seem to auto-release the bombs. Is this part of the bombing mechanism or am I maybe gaining too much speed? Is there a way to shut it off?

Just wondering. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

joeap
07-01-2006, 09:35 AM
If you remembered to set bombsight keys you can set the release height and it is automatic in the early Stukas. If you want you can just set it lower than you plan to release and release the bombs yourself.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I always set the bombsight altitude to 600m since that is the lowest altitude for a safe pull-out. I always release at 1000m anyway. Remember to never start a dive bomb attack below 2500m.

Draughluin1
07-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Make sure that you have the decrease / increase altitude key bound for the game. This overides the autoset. My practice is to set it to zero with a nil bomb delay and rely on my own judgement for pullout. You need nil, to take out ships. Set all this before you take off. Attack from 3000m+, but usually from over 4000. Sight your target, if ship, line up on stern or bow. The cutout in floor helps, same with glass nose in Pe-2. Adjust supercharger down. Pop dive brakes, half roll and pull nose onto target. Check the dive angle (Stukas have it on side window). A 90 degree angle is best, as the bomb will go straight down when released. Zoom sight in and keep her steady on target. Use your own judgement on when to release the bomb. With lesser angles, make allowances for the bomb falling short. Release all the bombs in the same bombrun, though at different nearby targets, if you have time. After pullout, kill the divebrakes and exit the target area fast at low level, as this is where the defending fighters are usually waiting. Pick servers that are full switch and no icons, to give yourself a half decent chance.

Goodluck, Warg