PDA

View Full Version : ACB - PS3 vs XBOX ???

jj_dillon
02-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I know that only PS3 users can only play with other PS3 users and Xbox users with other Xbox users.
But wouldn't it be kinda cool if we can play against once another ?
We've all heard the same lines..
"PS3 Rocks"
"XBox Rocks"
"Sony Sucks"
"Mircosoft Sucks"
exc..

Well here's an idea for Ubisoft, Sony and Microsoft..

either set the game so that both systems can play against 1 another or set it as an annual event.
It would raise the popularity of the game even more and it would give rival gamers a chance to pwn each other. lol

Whats you all think ?

FYI: I don't have ACB at the moment but I'm hoping to have it within the next few weeks.

jj_dillon
02-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I know that only PS3 users can only play with other PS3 users and Xbox users with other Xbox users.
But wouldn't it be kinda cool if we can play against once another ?
We've all heard the same lines..
"PS3 Rocks"
"XBox Rocks"
"Sony Sucks"
"Mircosoft Sucks"
exc..

Well here's an idea for Ubisoft, Sony and Microsoft..

either set the game so that both systems can play against 1 another or set it as an annual event.
It would raise the popularity of the game even more and it would give rival gamers a chance to pwn each other. lol

Whats you all think ?

FYI: I don't have ACB at the moment but I'm hoping to have it within the next few weeks.

Mclov7n
02-05-2011, 04:25 PM
It would be the exact same, you've just opened a debate of Xbox vs PS3 congrats...

caswallawn_2k7
02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
it can't happen as long as Microsoft keep a closed network.

for example when Portal 2 comes out Valve are going to make a version of steam for the PS3 and the PS3 version will link up directly with the PC players on steam.

so while it is a good idea it's just not possible, until MS remove the lock down they have on live and if you could play cross console would you pay a subscription to play on the 360 to play your mates when you can pay no sub and play them from a PS3?

SleezeRocker
02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
It be better if Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft joined in The Brotherhood together and make a universal gaming system so no one has to be seperated, everyone has equal games, HD, internet access called "We Live Network" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://www.develop-online.net/static/images/news/32346/184_4538_Sony%20Nintendo%20Microsoft%20OnLive.jpg? i=1247181571

gamertam
02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I would like to see that happening...in the future of course. Not to starts a debate or anything. Xbox players would rule online play.

Maybe with a better platform like xbox 720 or PS#4 ,5 would allow consoles cross over online.

caswallawn_2k7
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't like to see all the firms working together, with no competition you get crap as there is no need to beat the other people.

also I wouldn't bet on xbox players ruling on-line play, I guess you never got in the tests where MS tried having PC and 360 players on the same server for one of the Halo games. needless to say the out come was quite amusing. also the reason they dropped it, as a controller can't keep up with the PC controls.

gamertam
02-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I believed it can be achieve easily. In term of gamers being entertain to the fullest out of the game(s) they've purchased. Example: Bioshock 2, singularity, usually games which have a multiplayer mode that died out faster than it expected have a second chance or...now have the opportunity to live longer. On the contrary, i can see the downside to it.

This would gives gamers incentives to play online more and for bragging rights. lol

k20ml
02-05-2011, 10:50 PM
This forum is not for debates upon which console is better or ideas of collaboration of companies.

But this is what i have to say. I do not want to see all companies to collaborate to create a sole console that does all we want. Why? Because if they all collaborate, there wouldn't be any COMPETITION on that particular industry leaving us consumers with one choice. And when there is no competition, there wouldn't be any point trying to give us consumers better products and/or services furthermore prices will be controlled not by consumers but by the company. That means they can raise the price as much as they can. There wouldn't be any affordable console products in the market and quality services from them like PSN or XBOX Live.

Curry MoFo
02-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Lot of economics fail in this topic. If you understand the free market and competition, you would know that aggregating online for everyone would be a cause for disaster. Everyone would suddenly buy PS3 because of the free online. The servers are terrible since they are free and not kept up as much, thus causing them to crash. People will get mad and go to Xbox. Etc.

Also, trying to link three different streams of data is pretty hard. The code for PS3 isn't the exact same as the 360 or PC. Data is transferred a bit differently, through different gateways, etc. Would be a nightmare to cross connect and fix lag issues.

Even if MS raised the lock on 360 online, no developer would want to try and keep it separate to better handle traffic and keep sales up.

caswallawn_2k7
02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CuRRyMoFo:
Also, trying to link three different streams of data is pretty hard. The code for PS3 isn't the exact same as the 360 or PC. Data is transferred a bit differently, through different gateways, etc. Would be a nightmare to cross connect and fix lag issues.

Even if MS raised the lock on 360 online, no developer would want to try and keep it separate to better handle traffic and keep sales up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

firms are willing to try it, as I said above Valve are making a version of steam for the PS3 and in portal 2 (and possibly future other steam works games) the PS3 and PC users play on the same servers, they can do this on the PS3 as Sony doesn't host the game servers the publisher hosts the servers for their own games. (unlike the 360 where all servers are hosted internally by Microsoft stopping this from happening on the 360)

hell Valve to promote steam for PS3 and cross platform are even giving a free copy of portal 2 for PC when you get it for the PS3 and link up with a PC steam account. so while you claim cross platform isn't economical, why would one of the largest digital distribution firms allow you to play the game on 2 different platforms when you buy it for one? the people making the software don't care what platform they sell it on as long as they get a sale.

but with steam coming to the PS3 and Steam being the largest digital distribution firm and the majority of firms for PC going steam works for security it is becoming increasingly more likely that in the future more PS3 and PC games will share servers, it's just things such as shooters they can't as a game pad cannot keep up with a keyboard and mouse. (this is the reason MS stopped testing cross platform play over xbox/windows live as the PC players always hammered the console players)

Stormchase89
02-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Never going to happen. Would end up putting either PS3 or XBOX out of business.

and PC with consoles would never work, Bought advantage and point and click aim is a little unfair.(+ PC players bring an abundance of hackers to the table)

Ass4ssin8me
02-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Erm, Microsoft has had XBL cross with PC for ages....

Also when, people bring up free XBL it makes me cringe... I would rather pay for a good service than have a bad one for free. Knowing how Microsoft is XBL would be the worst online system ever if it was free.

And can someone please explain, how a keyboard would be better than a Controller? When I play with a gamepad its a Slaughter House, but on the computer... Well lets just say I shouldn't go near them.

I also highly doubt, Microsoft stopped cross platforming for that reason... Thats incredibily ridiculous....... Even if One side got hammered, they wouldn't lose money from that at all..

So, please, PLEASE don't make assumptions....

caswallawn_2k7
02-07-2011, 04:30 AM
I'm not making assumptions, I was in the testing and it was funny, the reason you can kill so easy on a console is console games have a auto aim built into them so you don't need to aim as accurately, now this is the equivalent of someone on a PC using a aim bot so they can't leave that in for cross platform. so consoles lose 90% of their accuracy and speed once that is taken off.

also they may do 360 to PC on a couple of games but windows live game centre is the most hated PC thing ever made, it is buggy, it is full of connection problems and can just plain stop games from working (this is why when MS originally wanted to charge for it on PC it was broke for free play before the final version)

as for saying they wouldn't lose money from letting the PC players hammers the console players, they would because the majority of people who play Halo and such are kids who have to win, so since they can't win on the Xbox they would go to PC and MS would lose console sales and when they are trying to become the leader in the console market is it a good idea to draw people to PC?

Mr_Shade
02-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Some games have been cross platform.. most do not work that well...

Some PC titles such as Shadowrun on Xbox - you could play against PC owners..

Needless to say the PC owners had abuse for 'cheating' - using a mouse to aim..

To be honest, even though I hate to admit it, some communities are better playing against 'their' own.. such as PC vs PC - you get less abuse for using a cheat.. like a mouse.. lol

lets not see the thread dive into console rage..

AnthonyA85
02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
This actually brings up something i've been wondering about though.

Shade, do you know what system the PC version is going to use for MP? The only one i'm familiar with is Steam, and that's only because i have Empire Total war (which requires it), though i've almost never played games online, through steam or otherwise, it was always LAN games on a internal network at collage years ago.

Mr_Shade
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
This actually brings up something i've been wondering about though.

Shade, do you know what system the PC version is going to use for MP? The only one i'm familiar with is Steam, and that's only because i have Empire Total war (which requires it), though i've almost never played games online, through steam or otherwise, it was always LAN games on a internal network at collage years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>From what I am aware - The game uses Ubisofts own servers, so it's nothing to do with Steam for the match making.

It has it's own in game server lobby /browser - same as the console versions last I heard.

It may have changed, but that's correct as far as I know at present.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
this would be a great thing to happen. i have tons of friends that play xbox but i refuse to spend the money to buy one lol. so having a universal server would be a great idea.

as for paying for quality, i have seen plenty of bad servers and slowness on live, not calling it junk, just saying ive seen it. ps3, i have yet to really see a bad online server, although i have not really played alot on them. so its hard to compare, apples vs oranges.

for servers joining im sure there is quite a lot of work, and complications that would rise. but its doable. but im not so sure microsoft would allow free online gaming. i know its not that expensive($50/yr if i remember?) but that $50 seems to be what pushes a lot of people towards Sony.

but long story short, im in to see the networks/servers joined!

Ass4ssin8me
02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I'm not making assumptions, I was in the testing and it was funny, the reason you can kill so easy on a console is console games have a auto aim built into them so you don't need to aim as accurately, now this is the equivalent of someone on a PC using a aim bot so they can't leave that in for cross platform. so consoles lose 90% of their accuracy and speed once that is taken off.

also they may do 360 to PC on a couple of games but windows live game centre is the most hated PC thing ever made, it is buggy, it is full of connection problems and can just plain stop games from working (this is why when MS originally wanted to charge for it on PC it was broke for free play before the final version)

as for saying they wouldn't lose money from letting the PC players hammers the console players, they would because the majority of people who play Halo and such are kids who have to win, so since they can't win on the Xbox they would go to PC and MS would lose console sales and when they are trying to become the leader in the console market is it a good idea to draw people to PC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most games disable Aim Assist on Online play.