PDA

View Full Version : question about sound and walking

Tronik1g
06-25-2007, 08:21 AM
i'm mostly a pc gamer and i've been playin counter-strike for years and one thing important on there is sound and hearing footsteps.... i'm actually in the process of transitioning to console gaming and was looking at this game and was wondering if sound was a big factor.. thanks in advance..

Tronik1g
06-25-2007, 08:21 AM
i'm mostly a pc gamer and i've been playin counter-strike for years and one thing important on there is sound and hearing footsteps.... i'm actually in the process of transitioning to console gaming and was looking at this game and was wondering if sound was a big factor.. thanks in advance..

EGxMgsRbx
06-25-2007, 08:22 AM
ohhhh yeah it is. Maybe not so much in this game but in other games it is.

winning_formula
06-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Definitely. I played CSS for a year or so and having headphones in rather than just my monitor speakers gave me a huge advantage. I don't think sound is as important in this game as it is in CSS but it is definitely a huge factor in terms of tactics. Of course if you've got no sound that means you can't hear the other players communicating as as we all know communication is a key, as well as being able to hear a grenade hitting the ground will surely help in game.

DrRustyTaco
06-25-2007, 12:08 PM
A good friend of mine has the most ridiculous surround sound setup. In the Streets, he can be in one building and hear someone heading up the ladder at the other side of the map - what's worse, he can hear exactly which ladder it is.

Needless to say, he can be a right pain in the backside on Survival matches...

TS-463
06-25-2007, 08:32 PM
That's insane. What kind of sound setup does he use?

DrRustyTaco
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
No idea on the specifics, but I can tell that he generally has it up REALLY LOUD!

winning_formula
06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Never listen to my speakers really loud just scares the **** outta me when you get killed form behind. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif