PDA

View Full Version : Latest DGEN and user created add on DGEN campaign patches at www.combatace.com

CombatAce_MK2
02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
These are user made add ons combined with official releases, all put together for you in neat packages for download.

Authors:Ian Boys, Starshoy, Gaston, Antoine Mangogna, Elephant, Amagi, and others.

DGEN mega patch by Skycat
This is an anthology of various "Battle Over Europe" and PF DGen updates put into one zip file. It is intended for BoE owners who are patched to pf_403m and want the latest DGEN. Make sure iut is installed before True Pacific below.

Contents:
1. Files from BOEupdate_AEP, PF-BOE and BoE4.0 updates by Starshoy;
2. BOE night Hurricane skin update;
3. NW Europe DGen campaign by Ian Boys for pf_v402m;
4. DGen.exe 4.0.4.5 by Starshoy;
5. DGen_4043_Upgrade by Ian Boys;
6. "Italian_Pack" w/speech files, medals, background and skins;
7. "italian_pilots" pack by Elephant;
8. Ju-88 campaigns (beta) by Amagi.
9. Updated with Final_Fix_1 for DGen_4043_Upgrade by Ian Boys.
10. Updated Feb. 20, 2006 with the Italian pilots name fix by Ian Boys, Amagi's Belgorod Ju-88 campaign fix, Chameleon[red]'s Russian translations of Italian campaign briefings, and the latest DGen.exe by Starshoy.

True Pacific Add on (creator Nimits)

MAIN FEATURES
1) Adds 9 new DGen operations and 3 new DGen careers for the Pacific Theater.
2) Order of Battle extensively researched to put the right planes and squadrons in the campaign.
3) Ops file is based, as much as possible, on the mission reports and pilot accounts of actual air engagements that occurred during the various campaigns.
4) Planes, ships, AAA, artillery, and everything else is placed in as accurate position as possible based on my research and map/game limitations.
5) New campaign briefings.
6) Use skins so aircraft are painted and marked as they were historically.
Get it at www.combatace.com (http://www.combatace.com)

Find both True Pacific and the DGEN mega patch right here:
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?dlcategory=53

CombatAce_MK2
02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
These are user made add ons combined with official releases, all put together for you in neat packages for download.

Authors:Ian Boys, Starshoy, Gaston, Antoine Mangogna, Elephant, Amagi, and others.

DGEN mega patch by Skycat
This is an anthology of various "Battle Over Europe" and PF DGen updates put into one zip file. It is intended for BoE owners who are patched to pf_403m and want the latest DGEN. Make sure iut is installed before True Pacific below.

Contents:
10. Updated Feb. 20, 2006 with the Italian pilots name fix by Ian Boys, Amagi's Belgorod Ju-88 campaign fix, Chameleon[red]'s Russian translations of Italian campaign briefings, and the latest DGen.exe by Starshoy.

True Pacific Add on (creator Nimits)

MAIN FEATURES
1) Adds 9 new DGen operations and 3 new DGen careers for the Pacific Theater.
2) Order of Battle extensively researched to put the right planes and squadrons in the campaign.
3) Ops file is based, as much as possible, on the mission reports and pilot accounts of actual air engagements that occurred during the various campaigns.
4) Planes, ships, AAA, artillery, and everything else is placed in as accurate position as possible based on my research and map/game limitations.
5) New campaign briefings.
6) Use skins so aircraft are painted and marked as they were historically.
Get it at www.combatace.com (http://www.combatace.com)

Find both True Pacific and the DGEN mega patch right here:
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?dlcategory=53

SeaFireLIV
02-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Thanx for this guys, i`ll D\L them allll! This: "1. Changed the name to avoid confusion with DCG, etc."

Is particularly far-sighted of you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

major_setback
02-22-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm just a little confused. There was a posting on a new Dgen a couple of days ago. Is this (today's) the same Dgen (with those seperate downloads incorporated into one zip) or not?

This is the earlier post I mean:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m...041024314#6041024314 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/6041024314/r/6041024314#6041024314)

Nimits
02-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I believe so.

Capt._Tenneal
02-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Ok, now I'm all confused too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Updating the DGEN before used to be a simple process of overwriting the old .exe file, now all these files ? Medal packs, pilot packs, separate campaigns for particular aircraft, updates to addons which we may or may not have ? How do I know which ones of these to use ? I'll have to uninstall everything and start from scratch now.

Is the True Pacific an addon ? Free download from somewhere (link please) or a pay addon ? If pay addon, where can we buy it ? I certainly don't see it out in the stores in my side of the US. Oh, and what order do I install these :

Contents:

So many questions...

CombatAce_MK2
02-22-2006, 10:18 AM

You install them in your DGEN folder. read the read me files for instructions.

Nimits
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
The DGen download is the semi-official update for DGen; the other files are included so the Italian careers work.

TruePacific is an unofficial modification of the Pacific careers, adding new operations and careers and reworking the originals to make them more historically accurate.

They are all free.

CombatAce_MK2
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
I would like to add that true Pacific is a must download. A tremendous amount of work that is extremely enjoyable taking the original DGEN PF campaigns to a completely different level and as Nimits the creator says..."it's free" hard to beat really.

Nimits
02-22-2006, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Thanx for this guys, i`ll D\L them allll! This: "1. Changed the name to avoid confusion with DCG, etc."

Is particularly far-sighted of you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I originally called it True DGen, as in historically accurate (i.e. "True") campaigns for DGen. Unfortunately, the title caused some people to think it was a new campaign generator along the lines of DCG, and I was forced to disillusion them . . . so True Pacific.

leitmotiv
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Outstanding work, Nimits. Looking forward to using your add-on.

steve_v
02-25-2006, 06:47 AM
bump

CombatAce_MK2
02-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Still being downloaded by people who did not see it the first time so here goes a :bump:

sledgehammer2
02-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I want to get this but I am pretty confused too. I saw a thread on GD by somebody named Tomtheyak that says he is about to release what I thought was the BoE update. I downloaded Ianboys Dgen 4.03 update several days ago, and my BoE is patched to 4.0 (or whatever the last official patch released by Starshoy was).

I was waiting for an update for BoE that would make it possible to use the Tempest, etc. My impression from the thread by Tomtheyak is that that was coming from him.

I really want the True Pacific Dgen, but since I have Ianboy's 4.03 update can I just go ahead and install Nimitz's? I went to the Combatace site but I did not see a mega Dgen patch from Skycat, which adds to my confusion even more.

Sorry to sound like an idiot because I know there are some great dedicated guys out there who are doing this for free, and I am grateful, but I just need some clarification. Thanks.

Sledgehammer2

Skycat_2
02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Sledge,

If you have the BoE4.0 update and the whole DGen 4043 package then don't worry about the DGen Compilation. All I did was put those together into one zip file and organize it so that all the files were arranged to fall into the proper place once the user moved the files into their game folder. It made sense to me to try to have these two updates in one package, especially as new BoE owners have been trying to sort out the BoE updates. I made it so you can literally install BoE to PF v4.04m and then update BoE and add the new PF DGen campaigns without much hassle or fear of getting the updates in the wrong order or missing something. This is still Starshoy's BoE updates including BoE4.0.zip and Ian Boys' DGen4043 upgrade with the required Italian packs included; I didn't contribute anything of value in other words.

Nimits' TruePacific DGen does not conflict with the DGen 4043 compilation except for two files (PacificPlanes.dat and PlanesIN1.dat). I don't know why these two files are in DGen 4043 and as far as I can tell the two versions of PacificPlanes.dat are the same for both packages. I'd defer to Nimits' version of PlanesIN1.dat even though he has posted that it is an old version and will be updated in TruePacific 0.06 which may already have been released. Install TruePacific after DGen4043.

Information courtesy of Nimits: If you have TruePacific 0.05 you can edit the PlanesIN1.dat file with Notepad. Then replace all of the text with the following:

[Hawaii]
A6M2_21
[Wake]
A6M2_21
[CoralSeaIndianOcean]
A6M2_21
[CoralSea]
A6M2_21
[Midway]
A6M2_21
[SantaCruz]
A6M2_21
[Marianas1]
A6M5
[Iwo]
A6M5B
A6M5C
J2M3
[Okinawa]
A6M5C
J2M3
[Japan1]
A6M5C
A6M7_62
A6M7_63
J2M3

Tomtheyak is aka 402Fenrir. At SimHQ forums, 402Fenrir has been giving updates on the status of his BoE update, which will be released in a few weeks as BoE 4.04 ... read the BoE 4.04 update news thread (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=003617) for the full scoop.

sledgehammer2
02-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Hello Skycat2 and thanks for responding. I have not yet downloaded TruePacific 0.05, so it sounds like I should just wait and download and install 0.06 which should be coming anytime now since I already have teh BoE 4.0 and the DGEN 4043. If I do this then I will not need to edit any .dat files, correct?

Skycat_2
02-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Correct.

TruePacific 0.06 has some other fixes as well. Nimits said he'd try to put it up tonight. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Do you have DGen.exe v4.0.4.3 or 4.0.4.5? If you don't have the more recent version you'll probably want it to make the Mosquitos behave correctly in the campaigns; I think it also allows the new P-47D to be used in Pacific campaigns. Link= http://www.il2center.com/DGen4045.rar

Skycat_2
02-26-2006, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
Updating the DGEN before used to be a simple process of overwriting the old .exe file, now all these files ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree, although technically there have been DGen updates outside of the official patches since Starshoy's BoE_AEP update which, by the way, in addition to files for the DGen folder it added RAF speech files and a medals pack that you may or may not have already had in the form of Extreme_One's RAF Campaign Pack for DCG. The fact that Starshoy put it into a self-installer may have obscured that fact. Since then Starshoy has informally released at least two BoE campaign upgrades after Pacific Fighters, both in .zip format that required you to put the files into your DGen folder yourself.

In addition, as campaign designers have come to understand DGen there have been other campaigns that simply add new files into empty DGen sockets. Jumo's BoE addon is an example of this because, in reality, it doesn't overwrite BoE's campaign files. I'm assuming that The Last Days addon and some others work the same way. TruePacific overwrites some stock files (I think) and adds new ones, so it is kind of a hybrid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Medal packs, pilot packs, separate campaigns for particular aircraft, updates to addons which we may or may not have ? How do I know which ones of these to use ? I'll have to uninstall everything and start from scratch now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know why you're assuming this. First, you may have the Italian pack already; Gaston released it maybe two years ago after AEP came out. However, Ian used that pack unchanged so all that will happen is that files you have will be overwritten with clones. If you already have Italian speech files in your game, in most likelihood you're going to get the same ones in the download unless you got them from a source I've never heard of. Bottom line to me is that even if there are a thousand Italian speech packs and a million portrait packs out there for download, they'll all use the same file names ... Ian has simply made use of existing resources and linked what you need to play some Italian campaigns in the new fighters.

You'd be surprised how little conflict there is between these DGen addons; between Starshoy's BoE upgrades, Ian's DGen4043, TruePacific, and Enhanced Eastern Front (v2) I only found two files that are in conflict between packs ... and one of them I swear has the same information between the two versions. If you install TruePacific after DGen4043 you'll be fine. Trust me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jumo's BoE addon is the only other DGen addon that I have familiarity with, and as far as I can tell his separate "special files" .zip is the only part of the pack that may conflict with any of the above material. Don't use the "Special files (especially the version of DGen.exe included) and you'll be fine there also. I have BoE4.0, DGen_4043, TruePacific and Eastern Front all installed over Jumo's BoE addon and I haven't had any problems.

Finally, regarding upgrades for campaigns you don't have: In the case of the Compilation Pack that has BoE4.0 and the DGen_4043 upgrade together, if you don't have BoE then all that will happen is that you'll get some campaign options under USAAF, RAF and Germany that you can't launch [they'll be prefaced with (BOE) before the campaign name]. Ian included some files for his commercially available pack "Ostfront" in his DGen_4043 that also appear in the menu but won't work without "Ostfront." No harm; you either avoid them or delete the offending files from the DGen folder. If you don't need the BoE updates or you already have the Italian pack required for DGen_4043 then use Ian Boys' links found here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/6041024314

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is the True Pacific an addon ? Free download from somewhere (link please) or a pay addon ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is a free addon. CombatMk2 has provided the link, but in case you missed it: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?dlcategory=53

You should make a backup of your DGen folder first because this addon will change some of your Pacific campaign files. I think the changes are good ones and that Nimits has passion for providing an authentic portrayal of Pacific operations, but I don't know how the changed files will affect campaigns already in progress.

sledgehammer2
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello Skycat2, I just dragged and dropped the Dgen 4045 into my main Dgen folder... is that right?

Nimits
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
The 4.045 DGen.exe goes in the main Forgotten Battles folder:

\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles

not the DGen folder.