PDA

View Full Version : BoB: Will It Be Optomized For Vista?

Aviar
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Vista is presently scheduled to be released to the general public (non-businesses) in January, 2007. My personal opinion is that Vista will probably be released before Oleg's Battle of Britain.

From the May,2006 issue of PC Magazine:

----------------------------------
"PC's, on the other hand, have been saddled with the Windows graphics device interface (GDI). Applications didn't talk to the drivers, much less the video card, directly; they talked to the GDI, which in turn interacted with the drivers for the application.

So what's the big news here? Well, Vista removes this roadblock. It's another benefit of the OS's requirement of a DirectX9-capable video card. Though there will be a compatibility mode for older applications that need the GDI, new applications-namely, games-written specifically for Vista will be able to take the same direct path the Xbox has enjoyed, and with it get a performance boost that representatives have said may be around 30 to 40 percent. Now that's something to get excited about."

I'm wondering if Oleg has any thoughts/plans concerning some kind of support/optomization for the Vista OS?

Aviar

Aviar
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Vista is presently scheduled to be released to the general public (non-businesses) in January, 2007. My personal opinion is that Vista will probably be released before Oleg's Battle of Britain.

From the May,2006 issue of PC Magazine:

"PC's, on the other hand, have been saddled with the Windows graphics device interface (GDI). Applications didn't talk to the drivers, much less the video card, directly; they talked to the GDI, which in turn interacted with the drivers for the application.

So what's the big news here? Well, Vista removes this roadblock. It's another benefit of the OS's requirement of a DirectX9-capable video card. Though there will be a compatibility mode for older applications that need the GDI, new applications-namely, games-written specifically for Vista will be able to take the same direct path the Xbox has enjoyed, and with it get a performance boost that representatives have said may be around 30 to 40 percent. Now that's something to get excited about."

I'm wondering if Oleg has any thoughts/plans concerning some kind of support/optomization for the Vista OS?

Aviar

IAFS_Painter
04-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Opinion:
I'd expect so, even if not on the first release.

IL2 and FAP both support two graphics systems, which suggests that Oleg uses wrappers for graphics calls. Additional graphics wrappers (eg for Vista) would be within his capability.