PDA

View Full Version : So many problems! Please help.

that_armenian
05-21-2011, 06:29 AM
I had such high hopes. I waited patiently for them to release the game for PC and then I waited even longer to get just the right PC so I could enjoy the experience but everything is just horrible! The movement and the controls for everything in Single-Player mode was great! After beating the game I went to multi-player. Sometimes I have to wait 15 minutes just to get into a match. If I'm lucky enough to get in then the movement feels robotic (not fluid like it is in single-player mode). Sometimes I try to kill a target but nothing happens & out of nowhere I'm stunned. Other times I throw smoke but the enemy kills me anyway even though they're right next to me. There are just a lot of simple glitches, like those two, that completely ruin gameplay. Is it just me or are other people having this experience? I don't keep up to date with the latest UbiSoft news so I don't know if there's a patch that I'm supposed to install or something to improve the quality of game play. I did the training exercise & I completed it successfully...are there any other exercises that I may have overlooked? I checked but I didn't notice anything.

Any advice on anything I mentioned would be nice.

Thanks.

that_armenian
05-21-2011, 06:29 AM
I had such high hopes. I waited patiently for them to release the game for PC and then I waited even longer to get just the right PC so I could enjoy the experience but everything is just horrible! The movement and the controls for everything in Single-Player mode was great! After beating the game I went to multi-player. Sometimes I have to wait 15 minutes just to get into a match. If I'm lucky enough to get in then the movement feels robotic (not fluid like it is in single-player mode). Sometimes I try to kill a target but nothing happens & out of nowhere I'm stunned. Other times I throw smoke but the enemy kills me anyway even though they're right next to me. There are just a lot of simple glitches, like those two, that completely ruin gameplay. Is it just me or are other people having this experience? I don't keep up to date with the latest UbiSoft news so I don't know if there's a patch that I'm supposed to install or something to improve the quality of game play. I did the training exercise & I completed it successfully...are there any other exercises that I may have overlooked? I checked but I didn't notice anything.

Any advice on anything I mentioned would be nice.

Thanks.

xCr0wnedNorris
05-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The matchmaking has always been slow, generally if it takes you more than 5 minutes to find a lobby then you should back out and look for another game. Also, getting killed through smoke bombs is a result of lag, either on your end or your pursuers. Try throwing it down sooner to conteract it.

that_armenian
05-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks Norris,

I'm just really disappointed. I thought I would be playing this every day but it has been a while since I've touched the game. I just have no interest in it with all the problems. I hope Ubisoft fixes the whole feel of the game the way America's Army does with the regular patches they release. Everything from the multi-player menu options to the multi-player gameplay need to be changed. The game in single-player mode is so great! I don't know how they could ruin it so much in multi-player mode.

Take it easy,
Armenian

sidewinter1490
05-25-2011, 05:24 AM
I bought the game a week ago and I had no problems whatsoever. Sure everything was strange and new to me, but I sort of adapted. I'm playing everyday now, it's my new drug!

If you want to be good and stay alive and kill your contracts you have to rely on your observation skills and your instincts. Abilities and perks are just a bonus to help you.

Try watching some gameplay videos where they teach people how to spot pursuers and how to approach your target.

Everyone dies, it's all about the way to kill your target that counts, not the amount of kills you have. For example, you can have 4 kills and 10 deaths and still be #2 in the match, just like you can have 10 kills and 4 deaths but you're the last on the list. Quality > Quantity

You also need a lot of patience.