PDA

View Full Version : Which AC game is most valuable to you?

Sarari
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Out of all the AC games that have been released, console or portable, which one is more valuable?

iNvid22
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
in the UK at least, all AC games are in the bargain bin within a year so not very valuable at all.

just like the FIFA series (also released annually) the old game loses its value like crazy.

Sarari
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
As in which one would you suffer more in losing lol.

NewBlade200
12-12-2011, 05:52 PM
There seems to be more copies of ACB and ACR than the bacteria between the legs of every Hollywood celebrity in the past 10 years, so they're value is significantly lowered. AC2 beats AC1 in amounts of bought copies, so AC1 is the most valuable.

However, if you are not a machine then you would have to base it on which you prefer. Although AC1 has a more engaging story that you can get sucked into I've found myself playing AC2 more than it.
So, AC1 and AC2 are the 2 most valuable with ACB/R not even qualifying IMO.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
As in which one would you suffer more in losing lol.

I wasn't understanding your Q, but I value all 3 of the Trilogy equally and for different reasons.
But probly ACB would be most missed. It was what got me into the AC series & my first experience.
As a total Noob at that time, the game was very different and impacting.

Sarari
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Lol AC1 is most valuable to me. The only reason I don't go back and free roam is because I'm tired of listening to Al Mualim talk. And sometimes after that, my game freezes, so I have to restart the whole thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

After that is AC1, which I don't play at all though. Then comes ACR. I don't like ACB all that much.

RzaRecta357
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah I like AC1 and ACR the best. AC2 after that of course. Didn't like ACB much although I did enjoy the additions and what not.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 07:20 PM
ACR's got the best Missions imo. Most fun I had in doing them - and being able to achieve most of the syncs plus didn't have to hunt down Youtube vids wondering how to do something.
It was nice for a change.

But Rome, the vibrant graphics, a young Ezio, horses & nice soundtrack.. kill streaks...
I just like it. To each their own on favorites tho. I like them all.

Sarari
12-12-2011, 07:26 PM
If they added a few side missions with AC1 that would've been cool. The assassinations were most fun in AC1 along with AC2. AC2 was really unique with how they set up each assassination.

ACB was boring, and I found the music quite depressing and dark in the beginning, then when you renovated, everything just turned red and orange then the song 'City of Rome' played over and over again with no change. The only way I could listen to a different song is if I went to the poor district or went to the ruins. It was quite boring for me.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I actually dislike the ACII soundtrack lol
That 'family' song I think totally sucks. I wish I knew why. It's just personal preference stuff.

I did like AC2, there was so much going on all the time...
but see the writing in that is what I think made it work, it had some really emotional parts that I felt strongly about.

The story wasn't that great in ACB (probly bcuz it confused me, I came in late on the series), so it was more about aesthetics, ambiance, characters than story itself.

I do love the Recruiting too. Just that it still needs more tweaking w/ the assassins.

Sarari
12-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Ezio's Family I think is over rated but I do sort of like it. It's not the best on the soundtrack. I think my favorite song on the AC2 soundtrack is either Sanctuary or Tour of Venice.

Have you ever heard City of Jerusalem?

luckyto
12-13-2011, 08:01 AM
I couldn't live without the original Assassin's Creed. That's the my favorite game in my whole collection. Whenever I have beaten a new game, that is the game I return to... time and time again. I'm getting ready to get back into it...

value_zero
12-13-2011, 08:08 AM
Assassins Creed Brotherhood for me, its my favorite game from the series, and the most favorite from all the other games in the world, i cant remember a day without playing it this summer, i really loved the multiplayer, and most the singleplayer, i really loved the city. Soundtrack at AC 2 was incredible, really brings up atmosphere and was really intense, acb was cool to, but the game is made in a short period, cant complain, but i didnt liked the acr, only 2-3 songs kinda filled up things.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by value_zero:
Assassins Creed Brotherhood for me, its my favorite game from the series, and the most favorite from all the other games in the world, i cant remember a day without playing it this summer, i really loved the multiplayer, and most the singleplayer, i really loved the city.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I couldn't live without the original Assassin's Creed. That's the my favorite game in my whole collection. Whenever I have beaten a new game, that is the game I return to... time and time again. I'm getting ready to get back into it...

lol you went to that, I went right to ACB.
It's funny how we differ on what we like of this series.

Sarari
12-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I about to go back and play AC1 today. I miss that crappy old game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

luckyto
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Did you get the free version from ACR that loads on your hard drive? I loaded it up once, but I haven't had enough time to see if it crashes less.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I about to go back and play AC1 today. I miss that crappy old game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

What's disturbing me is that AC has made me lose interest in most all other games out there.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 03:14 PM
ACR.
Simply because I played the others out. But, during their initial release, each one has been my favorite game of the year. Pretty good considering there has been four (console) in the last half decade.

For me, Creed is like a TV series, each new episode is part of the whole, rather than a replacement for the previous one. It makes it much easier to accept changes.

The original concept of free running and roaming combined with action combat and assassinations is what I value most.

deadly_thought
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
AC1 hands down you cant beat altair or his story the backdrops are amazing the feeling is one of absolute enjoyment your an assassin in the middle east during the crusades what an atmosphere

the combat the missions the scenarios little details like rubbing a feather through your targets blood as proof of your kill

the way youd blend with your hands together like a monk stab someone discreetly and then walk away through the chaos

hell even the opening movie sequence nothing short of amazing

SixKeys
12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
AC1. Of all the games released so far, it's the one that gives you most options in how to assassinate your target. People have made entire YouTube series dedicated to AC1 stunts that you can pull. Even if I know the story almost by heart, it has the most replay value to me.

Sarari
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I would love to replay AC1, but I don't really like how the structure of the replay it has. They make you listen to Al Mualim talk and talk then you have to go investigate. All that is boring doing it all a 3rd time.

What I do like in the new games is how you can replay a memory and just kill the target. But what AC1 beats ACR and ACB in replay is that you can have up to 3 targets to assassinate at a time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

joelsantos24
12-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
Totally agreed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Assassin's 1 is the greatest, no doubt about it, in my humble opinion, that is. My order of preference is parallel to the order of release, actually (Assassin's 1 > Assassin's 2 > Brotherhood; Revelations is not on the list because I haven't gotten it yet), but I just finished Brotherhood yesterday and I have to say that I got a lot more fun playing it than I did the first time around. Still, nothing comes even close to Assassin's 1, and of that I have no doubt. Actually, I just re-started playing it tonight, and I'm gonna take my time now, even longer than ever, because I still want to be playing it around Christmas. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I would love to replay AC1, but I don't really like how the structure of the replay it has. They make you listen to Al Mualim talk and talk then you have to go investigate. All that is boring doing it all a 3rd time.

What I do like in the new games is how you can replay a memory and just kill the target. But what AC1 beats ACR and ACB in replay is that you can have up to 3 targets to assassinate at a time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
You know, I never had any problems whatsoever, with Al Mualim talking, in fact I always rather enjoyed it. That's another detail which I loved with respect to Assassin's 1, the fact that the dialogues were much more elaborate and rich. With Assassin's 2 and beyond, the series went way down, in that regard. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

luckyto
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM

Pick Sequence... Replay > Yes... Go fix a drink. That's my recipe.

The lack of fast travel does bother me though.

I do wonder if the ACR version of AC1 that is loaded on your hard drive crashes less....?

Sarari
12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I never had a problem with it. Just after the 1millionth time replaying a mission I got sick of it. I listened to them so much that I memorized nearly all of Al Mualim's speeches.

@luckyto Just an hour ago when I went to replay one of the memories, I went to the kitchen, warmed up some spaghetti, poured some fruit punch, waited in the kitchen for a bit, and came back just in time to hear Al Mualim finish up his speech....lol.

JumpInTheFire13
12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
AC2, then Brotherhood or the original, can't really decide which one I like more. Then Revelations. Constantinople is boring. If someone who doesn't know AC asks me to show it to them, then I show them gameplay of Brotherhood. There's so much to do in that game. But AC2 is the one game that I could play over and over again. Love the atmosphere and story.

Animuses
12-13-2011, 10:07 PM
The first two games. AC2 is my favorite game and without AC1 there wouldn't be an AC2.

Dagio12
12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
hmmm... idk, im such as avid fan of all of them for there own particular reasons... if I lost any of them, I would probably go out and re-buy any of them. But overall... i would say either AC2 and ACR.. AC2 really set the bar... it was a great overall game. ACR because it is just very well done and kind has all the awesome gameplay of AC2 and ACB, but the mechanics are much better implemented.

LordWolv
12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
My original Assassin's Creed. Such a great game, and I'd miss that one the most because it's my copy, still in prestigious condition, still protected from dust every day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
12-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Each one is equally precious to me. I still need to replace AC1 though. The disc got scratched in my little brother's (= my old) Xbox 360.

CRUDFACE
12-14-2011, 02:52 AM
I guess if I had to chose it would be Ac1, but they all have qualities special to me.

Ac2: introduced Ezio and variety
Brotherhood: better side missions
Revelations: far better story/enemies for Ezio

Originally posted by LightRey:
Each one is equally precious to me. I still need to replace AC1 though. The disc got scratched in my little brother's (= my old) Xbox 360.

The disc was scratched inside the system? did he tilt by accident or something like that?

kriegerdesgottes
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
The first two games. AC2 is my favorite game and without AC1 there wouldn't be an AC2.

This, If my apartment was on fire and I was told I could run in and grab only two games, I would grab those two.

Xanatos2007
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
AC1, because it has by far the best characters, atmosphere and a plot that makes the Mariana Trench look like a rain puddle.

LightRey
12-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
The disc was scratched inside the system? did he tilt by accident or something like that?
I don't think so. It was an old Xbox 360 from the time they were notorious for randomly destroying discs.

joelsantos24
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
AC1, because it has by far the best characters, atmosphere and a plot that makes the Mariana Trench look like a rain puddle.
Awesomely put... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Sarari
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
As someone said, each game has their own great quality. So it would be hard to decide between which one, not including AC1 lol. AC1 is an automatic first pick.

I went back to the kingdom today and killed like 20 of those big templar Crusaders lol. It was fun as hell. Far better fighting in my opinion, if you're quick to hit. If you just stand there it is very boring.

I think second for me would be either ACR or AC2. I love AC2 because it holds so many great memories from when I used to play it, but I love playing ACR so much and every time I think of it, it makes me wanna play it over all the other AC games.

So most likely AC2 as a second choice.

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 05:25 AM
I think I'm gonna wear out my ACR game.

The missions were just fun and I got some good tips on tactics & ideas from others here that I'll probably play it a couple times just to try those out.

I still have to try to get Ezio's hood off, that was a 3 time fail. :/

When I'm done w/ ACB I'll probly do ACII again, then ACR.
One of these days when I get the extra $, I'll pick up AC1 & see what's going on with that one.
I know it's cheap, but I already bought other games & have plenty of other xpenses plus I want other newer games yet - esp. Batman Ark City.

@ Sarari, great drawing in your sig too. Wish I could draw like that.

luckyto
12-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Far better fighting in my opinion, if you're quick to hit. If you just stand there it is very boring.

Well said. That's always been my take. People say it is easy because there is a cheap way out. In my view, that's not playing, that's not even fun. Be a little aggressive, consciously plan your attack (don't spam) and AC1's combat is radically superior and much more entertaining than anything that has followed.

Sarari
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Agreed.

@ProdiGurl I'm telling you from now that if ACR was hard for you, you're gonna be in for one hell of a ride when you play AC1 lol. That game is the most challenging one in all the AC games, at least in its combat.

For Ezio's hood off, play sequence 6 mission 4. Decline the mission when it asks you if you want to play it or not. After that, he'll have his hood down. You can exit the replay and still have it down. Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Agreed.

@ProdiGurl I'm telling you from now that if ACR was hard for you, you're gonna be in for one hell of a ride when you play AC1 lol. That game is the most challenging one in all the AC games, at least in its combat.

For Ezio's hood off, play sequence 6 mission 4. Decline the mission when it asks you if you want to play it or not. After that, he'll have his hood down. You can exit the replay and still have it down. Good luck.

Thank you for your kind words http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

YW, drawing/art is always something I wished I was good at, it runs in my family but I obviously didn't get that gene. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ACR wasn't hard for me and ACB isn't hard anymore either (yet). ACR (other than that Herald mission & Decommissioned & some racing), was pretty much doable for me.
It seems to be at about my skill level.

I totally enjoyed seeing the AC1 fight clips somebody posted here. I really liked that. Plus since I adore AC, I should play the first one & I'd like to compare it to how I feel about AC after only relating to Ezio.

It may change the way I view things.

luckyto
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
@Prodigurl

If you do. Here's some helpful tips so you don't get frustrated.
- Do not even attempt Templar knights until you have the counter (Sequence 4) as a safe way out. Run.
- Do not be afraid to run. You have no medicine. There's no shame in it, and its fun.
- AC1 is more about free-roaming than all the others. There are five maps (three cities, Masyaf and a Kingdom which joins all three.) While the cities aren't as big or complex as Constantinople or Rome, the total land mass is HUGE. City districts are unlocked as you progress through the city, by the time you hit Sequence 5; a big amazing world is open to you. Enjoy.
- Don't feel the need to do every investigation, only 2-3 are required for each of the nine targets. My advice, move quickly through the sequences, picking and choosing, on your first play through.
- Pick-pocketing actually requires a little skill. Be prepared to fail a couple of times. It was frustrating to me at first, now, it is second hat and feels great.
- Be prepared for a slower pace. This game isn't meant to be rushed through - its meant to immerse yourself.
- Combo kill. Practice. Practice. Practice. It actually requires timing.

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
*thought*
I bet I could draw if someone threw me into an Animus machine.

But seriously,
Hey thanks for the tips on AC1, I'm actually going to copy that to my files & save it so I have it later.
I'm kind of excited to try it out.

Sarari
12-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh man this guy said it all.

Running in AC1 is fun because you actually feel like you're running for your life. Best part is, they can't catch up to you. You can climb the rooftops and run across the entire city, just stand there, and then the guards will find you again. lol they don't give up easy at all.

If you want a place to explore, I suggest you go to the kingdom. It is effing you huge. Like, words can't describe it really. There are a lot of little paths that lead to big paths that lead to even larger paths.

Btw, every single skill you learn, you have to use it. It's very helpful, trust me. I learned the hard way a bunch of times.