PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall makes CDKey not work

dhannant
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I had to format and upgrade my machine from XP to Win7 after playing (and beating) AC Brotherhood... however, I reinstalled ACB and now it says my CDKey won't work because it's previously been used... which was also linked to my account. You figure it would be able to tell it's me reinstalling it. Anyway... anyone know how to fix this?

dhannant
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I had to format and upgrade my machine from XP to Win7 after playing (and beating) AC Brotherhood... however, I reinstalled ACB and now it says my CDKey won't work because it's previously been used... which was also linked to my account. You figure it would be able to tell it's me reinstalling it. Anyway... anyone know how to fix this?

delanjpd
04-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm Getting the same with Assassin's Creed 2. Its a Steam download and They so far have not been helpful.

Mr_Shade
04-12-2011, 02:59 AM
@ dhannant with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - you should be able to install it if the install is the same PC, and only installed it 1 time before - there maybe a limit to activations, but it should not have hit it with only 2 installs.

Please contact support - who should be able to advise you further.

@ delanjpd Assassin's Creed 2 - there is no install limit for that game, however it is linked to your ubi account.

If you sign in with the same account info used as the first time, same username and password, it should work fine.

People sometimes get the cd key in use, due to trying to make a new account, which you can't do.

If you still cannot log in - please also contact support.

You can contact support via the link in my signature.

dhannant
04-12-2011, 03:50 AM
weird... it is the same computer. Might have something to do with all the rearranging I did. I formatted C and changed a couple of partitions to make more room for win 7. I'll get with support tomorrow. time for bed.... but thanks for the reply.

Julveyo
04-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I have the same issue with AC2 too.

I was playing it fine 1 year ago and 2 weekends back. Suddenly game stops recognize me.
It shows me that I'm logged with my account but it stops to recognize that it's assigned to me.

UBI supports says it's assigned to my account. Thats it. No other help from them. Second week - no result, no action from their side.

I've tried to uninstall and install it back. But no result.
It says put a key. If I'm giving the key it says that it was already revoked.
Supports says that this key assigned to my account.

Marvelous protection. Zero responsibility.

lrainmanl
04-12-2011, 06:33 AM
SAME [edit:swearing removed] PROBLEM HERE!!! WHAT THE HELL? I BUY THE GAME TO PLAY NOT TO REBUY IT AFTER FORMATING MY PC!!!!!! I got couple of other original games from other product but there is nothing about activation limit... format install play do that 50 times it doesn't matter... sorry for bad English

Hrachoff
04-12-2011, 06:40 AM
oooooooooooooooooooo thx UBI for THIS F............... limit keys!!! I want my unlimited keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Mr_Shade
04-12-2011, 06:43 AM
You need to contact support - they can resolve the ACB CD Key issue for you.

For people with AC2 - the game should prompt you to log into your existing account, if you re-install - there are no limits to the amount of PC's you install on, as long as you use the same account and only one at a time.

If the game is skipping the log in screen - or asking for a CD Key - before you are able to log in - please make sure you state that to Support.

Their advice is correct, that the CD Key is linked to your account, so it should accept a log in - however it appears not to be asking a few people to log in.

Hrachoff
04-12-2011, 06:48 AM
IF I CONTACT they give me another key????

Mr_Shade
04-12-2011, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hrachoff:
IF I CONTACT they give me another key???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They will get your existing key/account working.

lrainmanl
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hrachoff:
IF I CONTACT they give me another key???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They will get your existing key/account working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope sooooo.. if not it will be very disappointing

delanjpd
04-13-2011, 03:31 AM
contacted support as suggested and sofar no response from them. I would like to get this issue sorted please. I purchase the duluxe key

Julveyo
04-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Yeah. Created a ticket 1 week ago. Zero action.

I think UBI Support is a hoax to make people think that someone solving their problem until problem will no be solved by user himself or any other user which will provide solution to everyone.

Placebo effect in real life.

Mr_Shade
04-13-2011, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Julveyo:

I think UBI Support is a hoax to make people think that someone solving their problem until problem will no be solved by user himself or any other user which will provide solution to everyone.

Placebo effect in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you please check your Private Threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To everyone else - it can take support 48hours to reply to support requests - and make sure to update your ticket after the first contact from them, should the supplied FAQ not help you - other wise they can close your ticket!

lrainmanl
04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Julveyo:

Placebo effect in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you please check your Private Threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To everyone else - it can take support 48hours to reply to support requests - and make sure to update your ticket after the first contact from them, should the supplied FAQ not help you - other wise they can close your ticket! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u say 48 hours? I say it's about 5 days that I wrote to them and nothing... they don't what to do with this. if they will reactivate my key then they have to reactivate everyones' and I think they don't want to do this... $$$$$ money money http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif they will lose some :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

lrainmanl
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
the UBI SUPPORT do nothing about it.. I've got just one question from them. "where did you downloaded the game" I've answered them and no response, like ignoring. what's that? 48 hours It's about 10 days almost that I didn't get my support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif want to play buy can't because of the ****in cd-key limit.....

Mr_Shade
04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lrainmanl:
the UBI SUPPORT do nothing about it.. I've got just one question from them. "where did you downloaded the game" I've answered them and no response, like ignoring. what's that? 48 hours It's about 10 days almost that I didn't get my support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif want to play buy can't because of the ****in cd-key limit.....[/QUOTETry updating the ticket again:

I will also contact you directly.

jpinks
04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I would appreciate some help from someone too on this same issue. I cant get anyone to help me with the same problem. I reinstalled because of ACBSP errors 4 times and it wont let me use my cd key either. And UBISOFT TOLD ME TO REINSTALL IT AFTER I TOLD THEM I HAD ALREADY TWICE!!!!