PDA

View Full Version : Me-163 damage model (how to make it realistic)

avimimus
06-14-2004, 04:45 PM
In real life the Me-163 (if it wasn't sabotaged with stones in the fuel tank as many were) had some caracteristics not modeled in Il-2.

If it hit the ground too hard or landed on concrete instead of in a field the tanks would frature and the aircraft would explode (thus they were impossible to land on a prepared runway).

It was also very fragile on landing.

My solution would be to place an object on the underside of the aircraft in the internal DM that would lead to the thing blowing up and is very fragile, like a fuel line.

It would not make the aircraft anymore vulenrable to enemy fire and would make the famous bouncing landings of this aircraft much more realistic and challenging.

Thank you
-Avimimus

avimimus
06-14-2004, 04:45 PM
In real life the Me-163 (if it wasn't sabotaged with stones in the fuel tank as many were) had some caracteristics not modeled in Il-2.

If it hit the ground too hard or landed on concrete instead of in a field the tanks would frature and the aircraft would explode (thus they were impossible to land on a prepared runway).

It was also very fragile on landing.

My solution would be to place an object on the underside of the aircraft in the internal DM that would lead to the thing blowing up and is very fragile, like a fuel line.

It would not make the aircraft anymore vulenrable to enemy fire and would make the famous bouncing landings of this aircraft much more realistic and challenging.

Thank you
-Avimimus

Cragger
06-14-2004, 04:56 PM
I think its fine as it is. Being blow up by the slightest mistake would completely take the fun out of it. It comes apart from enemy fire fast enough and the smallest damage quickly leads to instablility like the Go-229. There was alot more danger in hard landings of the pilot's back being compressed do to the hard skid and strut than the fuel tanks rupturing.

http://redspar.com/redrogue/cragger_sig.jpg

james8325
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
i wanna know if it is realistic for it to gain speed so well with the engine off. It seems to dive very very fast. even a slightly angled decent will cause it to accelerate fast. It may be correct, but it just gains speed so fast with no engine power.

Flakwalker
06-16-2004, 08:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james8325:
i wanna know if it is realistic for it to gain speed so well with the engine off. It seems to dive very very fast. even a slightly angled decent will cause it to accelerate fast. It may be correct, but it just gains speed so fast with no engine power.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart it is a rocket powered aircraft, it is a very good glider. It was so good that refused to land acording to its pilots.