PDA

View Full Version : Ezio-Grandmaster...how?

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Hi there, this question has been bothering me for a while, I know Niccolo made Ezio the Grandmaster because he saw what Ezio did in Rome, that he himself couldn't do....but...weren't there any other assassins that objected to this, like around the world, you know, thinking they're more..deserving?

Oh and, if he's Grandmaster, isn't he supposed to be a very well respected guy? I don't see Yusuf being respectful towards Ezio...

[P.S- I saw the combat trailer, Ezio's face has changed, he looks like Osama, lol]

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Hi there, this question has been bothering me for a while, I know Niccolo made Ezio the Grandmaster because he saw what Ezio did in Rome, that he himself couldn't do....but...weren't there any other assassins that objected to this, like around the world, you know, thinking they're more..deserving?

Oh and, if he's Grandmaster, isn't he supposed to be a very well respected guy? I don't see Yusuf being respectful towards Ezio...

[P.S- I saw the combat trailer, Ezio's face has changed, he looks like Osama, lol]

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:37 AM
I think that, considering the mythological status of the last mentor, that whomever actually is the mentor is not a commonly shared fact amongst the assassins. It also seems to be the case that the title of mentor is granted by the previous mentor, Machiavelli being a temporary one.

Krayus Korianis
09-29-2011, 02:45 AM
Ezio was Grandmaster of the Order of Assassins in ROME/Italy. Not in the WORLD.

Yusuf is the head (Grandmaster) of the Assassin's Order in Constantinople.

BUT Ezio Auditore is Il Mentore. He who conceals the secrets of the Brotherhood.

EscoBlades
09-29-2011, 03:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

BUT Ezio Auditore is Il Mentore. He who conceals the secrets of the Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 03:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

BUT Ezio Auditore is Il Mentore. He who conceals the secrets of the Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong, check any interview or even wiki it, Yusuf is a MASTER ASSASSIN and leader of guild in Constantinople, not Grandmaster, and Orders aren't different in different locations, The Assassin's Order means globally, not in the particular place. "Il Mentore" is the title given to the Grandmaster of the Assassin's Order globally, like the Mentor from the comic "The Fall".

EDIT:Added comic's name.

EscoBlades
09-29-2011, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

Wrong, check any interview or even wiki it, Yusuf is a MASTER ASSASSIN and leader of guild in Constantinople, not Grandmaster, and Orders aren't different in different locations, The Assassin's Order means globally, not in the particular place. "Il Mentore" is the title given to the Grandmaster of the Assassin's Order globally, like the Mentor from the comic "The Fall".

EDIT:Added comic's name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's what he was trying to say, in a roundabout way. Ubisoft have stated that at the time of Revelations, Ezio is a Master Assassin, having attained the rank post-Brotherhood.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 03:36 AM
It would be quite difficult to have a world wide organisation at that time.
There are quite clearly a few differene between the Constantinople assassins and the Italian ones, showing they had little to no contact with eachother.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
It would be quite difficult to have a world wide organisation at that time.
There are quite clearly a few differene between the Constantinople assassins and the Italian ones, showing they had little to no contact with eachother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I remember something about both of them exchanging letters or something... your reply makes sense, it would be difficult I suppose...

@Lightrey That too can be a possibility..

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 03:42 AM
Giovanni, Ezio's father I believe shared letters with them, which lead to him going out there to find out more info. I always thought the mentor thing class died down into obscurity later on when the order became much less public.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:

EDIT:Added comic's name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's what he was trying to say, in a roundabout way. Ubisoft have stated that at the time of Revelations, Ezio is a Master Assassin, having attained the rank post-Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he attain the rank in Brotherhood? Niccolo declared it and everything. Ubisoft stated it? When?

I think Yusuf likes to joke around and it's already been confirmed that their rivalry is friendly, so it's like being friendly with your boss but still throwing in a joke every now and then.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 03:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
Didn't he attain the rank in Brotherhood? Niccolo declared it and everything. Ubisoft stated it? When?

I think Yusuf likes to joke around and it's already been confirmed that their rivalry is friendly, so it's like being friendly with your boss but still throwing in a joke every now and then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the OP again, I know Niccolo did that, but that isn't my question..

"I know Niccolo made Ezio the Grandmaster because he saw what Ezio did in Rome, that he himself couldn't do....but...weren't there any other assassins that objected to this, like around the world, you know, thinking they're more..deserving?"

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I think Yusuf likes to joke around and it's already been confirmed that their rivalry is friendly, so it's like being friendly with your boss but still throwing in a joke every now and then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the OP again, I know Niccolo did that, but that isn't my question..

"I know Niccolo made Ezio the Grandmaster because he saw what Ezio did in Rome, that he himself couldn't do....but...weren't there any other assassins that objected to this, like around the world, you know, thinking they're more..deserving?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I was answering a question on here instead of the overall question. I'm sorry for that.

To answer that one, it's more a matter of just moving the story fast enough while putting Ezio up as the best character. Remember when Ezio came to Rome, but for some reason, Machiavelli was basically clueless even though he's known for being pretty smart. But for some reason he wants to attack the borgia with basically no resources?

It's meant to make him cool.

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Lol, I was answering a question on here instead of the overall question. I'm sorry for that.

To answer that one, it's more a matter of just moving the story fast enough while putting Ezio up as the best character. Remember when Ezio came to Rome, but for some reason, Machiavelli was basically clueless even though he's known for being pretty smart. But for some reason he wants to attack the borgia with basically no resources?

It's meant to make him cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem man..and about that:
Machiavelli was acting clueless, he said that in one of the ending sequences, he brought him to Roma, caused Explosion in the Castello, sent Mercenaries when were were saving Jesus actor(lol, the "your saviour" dialog)

I felt it was about vengeance again...like in ACII, father & brothers killed, so he wanted to kill Uberto Alberti(The Gonfaloniere), even tho he didn't have any weapons...now his uncle, who looked after, and taught him skills after his father was killed, he was out for vengeance again, so same instinct kicks in?

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 04:40 AM

It's meant to make him cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem man..and about that:
Machiavelli was acting clueless, he said that in one of the ending sequences, he brought him to Roma, caused Explosion in the Castello, sent Mercenaries when were were saving Jesus actor(lol, the "your saviour" dialog)

I felt it was about vengeance again...like in ACII, father & brothers killed, so he wanted to kill Uberto Alberti(The Gonfaloniere), even tho he didn't have any weapons...now his uncle, who looked after, and taught him skills after his father was killed, he was out for vengeance again, so same instinct kicks in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, and I thought that was a little weird. Why would he do that? There was no real reason to. If he did, he would've avoided La Volpe's accusations and Ezio would have given him a better reason to not go after him. And Ezio in turn wouldn't have been mad at him.

And yes, ACB started out about Vengeance, and it somewhat evolved from that in expanding the brotherhood. It was a driving factor, but at the same time, the overall outline is similar to AC2 jsut as you've said. And lol, there's no father figure for Ezio to lose anymore

Will_Lucky
09-29-2011, 05:29 AM
Well the Assassins Order, especially in this time period is highly decentralized we don't know who became grand master after Altair, for all we know it passed onto his son or another in the order who went elsewhere eventually going to Italy where the title passed onto the Auditores.

If the order were more centralized the title should have passed from Mario to another Assassin elsewhere. However Ezio was a Master Assassin at Marios death so the title could have passed on had Machiavelli not been recognised as second in command.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
Well the Assassins Order, especially in this time period is highly decentralized we don't know who became grand master after Altair, for all we know it passed onto his son or another in the order who went elsewhere eventually going to Italy where the title passed onto the Auditores.

If the order were more centralized the title should have passed from Mario to another Assassin elsewhere. However Ezio was a Master Assassin at Marios death so the title could have passed on had Machiavelli not been recognised as second in command. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always thought of him more as a placeholder instead. But that can act a second in command as well. You make a point though, how did the title of mentor shift regions so drastically?

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 06:02 AM
I always thought of him more as a placeholder instead. But that can act a second in command as well. You make a point though, how did the title of mentor shift regions so drastically? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you haven't read AC The Secret Crusade, then SPOILERS here...

Alta´r tells the Polo brothers to hide the seals and form a Guild in Constantinople, and one of the brothers(Maffeo namely) was eager to go on voyages...

Moving on...Auditore Crypt SPOILERS:
It is revealed that it's the Polos that came to Italy and donned the name Auditore (after pirates took over their ship and tore the codex and threw it in the water in drunken rage) and thus the Auditore family of nobles was born....

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 06:14 AM
I always thought of him more as a placeholder instead. But that can act a second in command as well. You make a point though, how did the title of mentor shift regions so drastically? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alta´r tells the Polo brothers to hide the seals and form a Guild in Constantinople, and one of the brothers(Maffeo namely) was eager to go on voyages...

It is revealed that it's the Polos that came to Italy and donned the name Auditore (after pirates took over their ship and tore the codex and threw it in the water in drunken rage) and thus the Auditore family of nobles was born.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I didn't read the books but I read all the info a while ago.

So Altair gave him the rank of Mentor to pass on?

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 06:15 AM
The polos didn't become the auditores, someone who knew one of them did.

Krayus Korianis
09-29-2011, 06:16 AM

It is revealed that it's the Polos that came to Italy and donned the name Auditore (after pirates took over their ship and tore the codex and threw it in the water in drunken rage) and thus the Auditore family of nobles was born.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. That's a wrong thing you just did. Check this link (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Auditore) out, you'll see that the Polos ARE NOT the Auditore's.

You really need to read some more.

Will_Lucky
09-29-2011, 06:18 AM
The Polos were members of the Assassin Order, but they were not the Auditores.

Grandmaster_Z
09-29-2011, 06:46 AM
they needed to use facebook and update their status "OMG I am now Grand Masterz!!"

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Like you then?

Besides don't they use 'stab book' or 'stabfacebook'?

ProletariatPleb
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Gee okay, slight error I was trying to avoid spoilers &gt;_&gt; anyway, what remains is..Polos carried the assassin bearing with them....atleast from what I know else you'll jump on me again &gt;_&gt;

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Ezios great great grand fathers father was already an Italian assassin I think, marco polo gave his son acces to his bank account, which he used to become a noble, I think.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
For starters, Ezio created the new Brotherhood. All of the assassins in other places around the world were recruited by people he sent, from rome. He had basically been doing every bit of the work that a Mentor does, and no other Assassin in his order has killed as many important targets as him.

Rome is the head of the order, their most secure place. Niccolo had authority to appoint Ezio.

EDIT: also, Yusuf is never rude or disrespectful, they just like to play around with each other. Ezio is not a totally straight-faced grandmaster, he likes to have fun.

thekarlone
09-29-2011, 09:06 AM
You're wrong. Ezio is currently a Master Assassin of Italy's region, as Yusuf is the Master Assassin of Constantinople. They are equal. But, at the end of Revelations Ezio will become a Grand Master of the Assassin Order, as we will see him in Embers.

I mean, Ezio doesn't have currently the greatest title of the Assassins, he is the number two, but the head of Italy.

Assassin's Order:
1. Grand Master (unknown)
2. Master Assassin (Ezio, Yusuf, etc.)
3. Etc.

Bruno_Berg
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:
You're wrong. Ezio is currently a Master Assassin of Italy's region, as Yusuf is the Master Assassin of Constantinople. They are equal. But, at the end of Revelations Ezio will become a Grand Master of the Assassin Order, as we will see him in Embers.

I mean, Ezio doesn't have currently the greatest title of the Assassins, he is the number two, but the head of Italy.

Assassin's Order:
3. Etc.
4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm, isn't Mentor the highest rank? I'm fairly sure Ezio has already reached the top rank already. Or by what you say, he might only be a master assassin but he's still the head of the assassin order.

Will_Lucky
09-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Correct Mentor is the highest rank of the Assassin Order and thats exactly what Machiavelli calls Ezio.

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:

Assassin's Order:
3. Etc.
4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Ezio is the Grand Master, or Mentor, of the Order. He is explicitly called such by Machiavelli in Brotherhood: "Now, we must put Ezio where he belongs, at the head of the Assassins. Ezio Auditore da Firenze. You will now be known as il Mentore (The Mentor), the guardian of our Order and our secrets."

So, Ezio is already the Grand Master by the events of The Da Vinci Disappearance, and this hasn't changed by the time Revelations starts.

thekarlone
09-29-2011, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Assassin's Order:
3. Etc.
4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Ezio is the Grand Master, or Mentor, of the Order. He is explicitly called such by Machiavelli in Brotherhood: "Now, we must put Ezio where he belongs, at the head of the Assassins. Ezio Auditore da Firenze. You will now be known as il Mentore (The Mentor), the guardian of our Order and our secrets."

So, Ezio is already the Grand Master by the events of The Da Vinci Disappearance, and this hasn't changed by the time Revelations starts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Machiavelli says Ezio is the head of the Assassins... of Italy (although Italy didn't exist at that time, but he refers to the region).

In addition, clothes shows it. Ezio doesn't wear Master Assassin's clothes, as it wore Al Mualim, or Alta´r will wear it later in Revelations, and Ezio in Embers.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 10:11 AM
No, Ezio is the Grandmaster. Yusuf was presumably recruited sometime in between 1500 (or so) to 1511.

I guess some time between 1503 and 1507, where Ezio was traveling. He probably visited Constantinople to set up an Assassin order there.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Assassin's Order:
3. Etc.
4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, Ezio is already the Grand Master by the events of The Da Vinci Disappearance, and this hasn't changed by the time Revelations starts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Machiavelli says Ezio is the head of the Assassins... of Italy (although Italy didn't exist at that time, but he refers to the region).

In addition, clothes shows it. Ezio doesn't wear Master Assassin's clothes, as it wore Al Mualim, or Alta´r will wear it later in Revelations, and Ezio in Embers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are wrong. First of all, because the clothing does not have any meaning regarding the rank of the assassins (anymore), which is why Ezio could wear a black hood when he wasn't the grandmaster yet. Second, as demonstrated in the visual novels, the rank of Mentor is the highest possible rank in the order.

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM

Assassin's Order:
3. Etc.
4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition, clothes shows it. Ezio doesn't wear Master Assassin's clothes, as it wore Al Mualim, or Alta´r will wear it later in Revelations, and Ezio in Embers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Read it. The word "Italy" is never mentioned in that quote, not once. He is the Grand Master of the entire Order.

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 10:56 AM
So I didn't read any of your posts and I could be totally wrong.

But wasn't it Ezio that actually MADE Yusuf and all of them?

I mean sure they have the hook blade but isn't that the entire point of broterhood? Ezio recruiting and sending assassin's out.

thekarlone
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I am sure that Master Assassin and Grand Master are two different titles. If as you say, Ezio it's currently a Grand Master, then it's wrong when Ubisoft calls him as Master Assassin because he's not.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I am sure that Master Assassin and Grand Master are two different titles. If as you say, Ezio it's currently a Grand Master, then it's wrong when Ubisoft calls him as Master Assassin because he's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The grand master is a master assassin, but not every master assassin is the grand master. It's like that.

playassassins1
09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok Everybody stop!!! I know the rank of Ezio is important but Ezio is epic even if he is the master assassin or the grandmaster assassin, The only thing thats important is that Ezio still kicks a*s !!!!!

P.S : i think that Ezio is the Grandmaster of the order and not global but in Italy and Yusuf the Grandmaster of Constantinople

LightRey
09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:
Ok Everybody stop!!! I know the rank of Ezio is important but Ezio is epic even if he is the master assassin or the grandmaster assassin, The only thing thats important is that Ezio still kicks a*s !!!!!

P.S : i think that Ezio is the Grandmaster of the order and not global but in Italy and Yusuf the Grandmaster of Constantinople </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It doesn't work that way. There's only one mentor in the order.

blazefp
09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I am sure that Master Assassin and Grand Master are two different titles. If as you say, Ezio it's currently a Grand Master, then it's wrong when Ubisoft calls him as Master Assassin because he's not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The grand master is a master assassin, but not every master assassin is the grand master. It's like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly (you beat me by mere seconds). A master assassin is a rank, Grand Master (or Mentor) is kind of a boss. So only Master Assassins could be Mentors.

playassassins1
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by playassassins1:

P.S : i think that Ezio is the Grandmaster of the order and not global but in Italy and Yusuf the Grandmaster of Constantinople </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It doesn't work that way. There's only one mentor in the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Well then Ezio isn't Grandmaster.
Cause Ezio is a really good Assassin

LightRey
09-29-2011, 11:57 AM

It doesn't work that way. There's only one mentor in the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Well then Ezio isn't Grandmaster.
Cause Ezio is a really good Assassin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He is. The Mentor is the Grandmaster and Ezio was appointed "Il Mentore" (The Mentor) in ACB, therefore Ezio is the Grandmaster of the Assassin Order.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I highly doubt ezio set up the Constantinople assassins.
We know there have been assassins all over the place since altairs time, connected only by name and creed, ezio is by no means head of all the assassins in the world, I doubt there's even one of those in ezios time, just different 'clans' of assassins all over with slightly different ways of doing things but with the same goal.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
We know there have been assassins all over the place since altairs time, connected only by name and creed, ezio is by no means head of all the assassins in the world, I doubt there's even one of those in ezios time, just different 'clans' of assassins all over with slightly different ways of doing things but with the same goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true. The order in Italy was well connected with factions in regions ranging from Portugal to India.
Though I doubt the title of Grandmaster has the same meaning as it did in Alta´r's time, it most certainly makes him the effective "head" of the entire order.

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
We know there have been assassins all over the place since altairs time, connected only by name and creed, ezio is by no means head of all the assassins in the world, I doubt there's even one of those in ezios time, just different 'clans' of assassins all over with slightly different ways of doing things but with the same goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He didn't personally set up the Guild, no. The foundations for the Guild were laid out by the Polo's following their meeting with Altair in 1257. Later, before ascending to the rank of Grand Master, Ezio sent several of the Roman assassins to the city to obtain Piri Reis' maps. The Assassins' then remained in the city to set up the Guild.

For the final time everybody; Ezio is the Grand Master of the entire Order and a Master Assassin in his own right.

PirateRob
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
well the other way of looking at it is that rodrigo followed by cesare were grandmaster of the templars worldwide, so why shouldn't ezio therefore be grandmaster of the assassin's worldwide

LightRey
09-29-2011, 12:12 PM

He didn't personally set up the Guild, no. The foundations for the Guild were laid out by the Polo's following their meeting with Altair in 1257. Later, before ascending to the rank of Grand Master, Ezio sent several of the Roman assassins to the city to obtain Piri Reis' maps. The Assassins' then remained in the city to set up the Guild.

For the final time everybody; Ezio is the Grand Master of the entire Order and a Master Assassin in his own right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. Why are people having so much trouble understanding these things?

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Ezio started the Constantinople guild, from Rome. He recruited people and sent them there. They in turn recruited from the city, people like Yusuf, who eventually rose to become the master of Constantinople.

The Assassin's were in great decline and almost totally pushed back in Ezio's time, and he built the entire order again from scratch.

He is the grandmaster of the entire order, but his general region is Rome. Yusuf is his equal in that he fulfills the roles Ezio did in rome, but in Constantinople. But Ezio has the authority to tell him what to do anyways.

Remanants of the Assassins may exist over the world, but they were weak and isolated if they did. Now they are joining Ezio's brotherhood.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ezio started the Constantinople guild, from Rome. He recruited people and sent them there. They in turn recruited from the city, people like Yusuf, who eventually rose to become the master of Constantinople.

The Assassin's were in great decline and almost totally pushed back in Ezio's time, and he built the entire order again from scratch.

He is the grandmaster of the entire order, but his general region is Rome. Yusuf is his equal in that he fulfills the roles Ezio did in rome, but in Constantinople. But Ezio has the authority to tell him what to do anyways.

Remanants of the Assassins may exist over the world, but they were weak and isolated if they did. Now they are joining Ezio's brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, that's not true. As can be seen when connecting ACB with Project Legacy and completing the special recruit missions, even before Ezio became the mentor there were already well established factions in place all over the world, such as these:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins_Guilds

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Remanants of the Assassins may exist over the world, but they were weak and isolated if they did. Now they are joining Ezio's brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, that's not true. As can be seen when connecting ACB with Project Legacy and completing the special recruit missions, even before Ezio became the mentor there were already well established factions in place all over the world, such as these:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins_Guilds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Umm, yeah, nowhere does it say that these guilds didn't exist because of or were not guided BY Ezio's order.

Guy, we can use some obvious logic here. If Noccolo had the power to appoint Ezio grandmaster, (which he did, because the Devs have said he did) then we KNOW that Ezio has control over all of those assassin guilds. There is no other explanation.

Will_Lucky
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
We know Ezio will take over the Constantinople Guild, Tamzin of course doesn't like this hence the friendly rivalry between them but it doesn't result in a power struggle Tamzim presumably accepts it and takes his place as Ezios 2nd in Command.. Presumably in Italy another Master assassin will lead the order there probably Machiavelli.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassins_Guilds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Umm, yeah, nowhere does it say that these guilds didn't exist because of or were not guided BY Ezio's order.

Guy, we can use some obvious logic here. If Noccolo had the power to appoint Ezio grandmaster, (which he did, because the Devs have said he did) then we KNOW that Ezio has control over all of those assassin guilds. There is no other explanation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not using the wiki as a source. I'm using Project Legacy as a source. The wiki just shows a simple list of guilds.

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Also, if you guys haven't read the comics this is another thing that makes Desmond super important.

The assassins only appoint ONE Mentor whom conceals all the knowledge of the order. They choose super careful obviously.

Desmond is almost certainly gonna come out of this the new Mentor as he is the only one that knows what Ezio and Altair knew.

Comic SPOILERS BELOW!

In 2012...there isn't a TRUE Mentor...a mentor that has ALL the knowledge. Unless another Assassin in the order was able to delve into Ezios memories.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Wait, so there were guilds all around the world before the rise of the Brotherhood in Rome?

Did they keep in contact with the Italian branch then, or were they isolated and all had their own mentors?

LightRey
09-29-2011, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Wait, so there were guilds all around the world before the rise of the Brotherhood in Rome?

Did they keep in contact with the Italian branch then, or were they isolated and all had their own mentors? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They worked together with the recruits sent to them by Ezio in the missions linked with Project Legacy, so they weren't isolated. In fact, they received orders directly from Machiavelli.

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
There were various Guilds across the globe by the time Ezio came to Rome; many were set up by Altair between his rise to power and 1204 (his only failure to set up a Guild). During the events of Brotherhood, Ezio's assassins' visit these guilds and aid their brothers there.

It's safe to assume that each Guild was led by a Master Assassin even before Ezio's apprentices arrived, though we can't say for sure.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Did they keep in contact with the Italian branch then, or were they isolated and all had their own mentors? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They worked together with the recruits sent to them by Ezio in the missions linked with Project Legacy, so they weren't isolated. In fact, they received orders directly from Machiavelli. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I mean before Machiavelli even had control of the order, when Mario was the Mentor, and even before then.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:07 PM
There were various Guilds across the globe by the time Ezio came to Rome; many were set up by Altair between his rise to power and 1204 (his only failure to set up a Guild). During the events of Brotherhood, Ezio's assassins' visit these guilds and aid their brothers there.

It's safe to assume that each Guild was led by a Master Assassin even before Ezio's apprentices arrived, though we can't say for sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well they would have to have been led by someone and I doubt the occasional orders from Italy would be anything near enough to actually lead them, so I'd say it's safe to assume that there were master assassins to lead them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
No I mean before Machiavelli even had control of the order, when Mario was the Mentor, and even before then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would assume so. I highly doubt Machiavelli would have been able to establish that level of contact with the other guilds within just a few years.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm guessing that the Master Assassins chosen to lead all the separate guilds were all good candidates for a Mentor position. So they are like Mini-Mentors. :P

apresmode
09-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure the assassins in other countries in ACB were around before Ezio totally took over. Altair was the mentor / grand master for some time. But between his time and Ezio's we don't know too much of what happened. As evidenced in the sanctuary there were assassins all over the world at many times.

I think that between Altair's reign and Ezio's the centrality of the assassins weakened. There were still assassins all over because there were still templars to be fought. Ezio makes them strong again, reclaiming lost knowledge of the order, and becomes the head of the global order uniting the assassins around the world under his leadership.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm guessing that the Master Assassins chosen to lead all the separate guilds were all good candidates for a Mentor position. So they are like Mini-Mentors. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
That's a nice way to put it.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 02:19 PM
What exactly has ezio done to deserve the rank of being head of the assassin order worldwide? He spent pretty much all his time in Italy, dealing with Italians in Italian business, occasionally sending assassins to other places to do jobs that often had something to do with Italy.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:21 PM
What exactly has ezio done to deserve the rank of being head of the assassin order worldwide? He spent pretty much all his time in Italy, dealing with Italians in Italian business, occasionally sending assassins to other places to do jobs that often had something to do with Italy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Being awesome and enlightened.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:24 PM
He destroyed the plans of two Templar Grandmasters and rebuilt the Brotherhood. Now that I think of it... that's nothing.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
He destroyed the plans of two Templar Grandmasters and rebuilt the Brotherhood. Now that I think of it... that's nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
When you think about it, why did Alta´r deserve it? All he did was kill the previous one and 9 other templars including their grandmaster. That's not much compared to what Ezio did before he became the mentor.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
He destroyed the plans of two Templar Grandmasters and rebuilt the Brotherhood. Now that I think of it... that's nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Rodrigo was technically still the Grandmaster of the Templars before he was killed by Cesare, who then forcefully took the position. Still both the Grandmasters of the Templars.

But yea, he destroyed most of the Templar presence in Italy, and brought the Italian order if Assassins back to power. He most likely recruited more than just 12 Assassins, and that they were just his own personal Assassins.

Oh, and he restored the order in 3 years, and destroyed the Templar presence in Italy in 31 years. And a bunch of those years were training and travel.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I thought about the same thing recently. I think it's because he saved the creed from Al Mualim's madness and since he gained a lot of respect from fellow Assassins.
Oh yeah,and because he was the main character.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:34 PM
I thought about the same thing recently. I think it's because he saved the creed from Al Mualim's madness and since he gained a lot of respect from fellow Assassins.
Oh yeah,and because he was the main character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
of course, but the same basically goes for Ezio.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, wasn't there another Assassin Order/Guild in Mongolia?

EDIT: At the time of AC1

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh, wasn't there another Assassin Order/Guild in Mongolia?

EDIT: At the time of AC1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Originally yes, but I believe that one was eliminated by the Mongols not too long after Alta´r returned to Masyaf.

ShaneO7K
09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
When you think about it, why did Alta´r deserve it? All he did was kill the previous one and 9 other templars including their grandmaster. That's not much compared to what Ezio did before he became the mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Order wasn't in the same scale during Altair's time as it was in Ezio's.
There really wouldn't have been a huge selection of Assassins who could've kept the order together and strong after Al Mualims death. Where as I'm sure a huge list could've been made for the next Grandmaster before Ezio became the rank, and this is only because the order would've been much larger now than it was in AC1.

I'm not really going to get involved with this discussion but I just think Altair and Ezio can't really be compared on who was more worthy of being the mentor when The Assassin's Order was in completely differen't states during the 2 times.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
So there have definitely been multiple Assassin Orders since before the crossing over of B.C. to A.D.

To be honest, I don't see why there couldn't be an Assassin Guild in Japan then, but I wouldn't mind an entirely different location.

Like Sweden or something.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
So there have definitely been multiple Assassin Orders since before the crossing over of B.C. to A.D.

To be honest, I don't see why there couldn't be an Assassin Guild in Japan then, but I wouldn't mind an entirely different location.

Like Sweden or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I don't think there was enough in Sweden for a guild at the time and japan was quite far away, not to mention that the Assassins' original attempts to establish a guild in the east failed, which could easily have lead to them having trouble establishing any new guilds there. Either way though, just because there wasn't any mention of guilds being there doesn't mean there weren't any.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
He killed two Templar leaders, in Italy.
His actions have little effect apart from killing the head of the church.

And he rebuilt the Italian branch of assassins, not the entire order.

And I doubt there was even a mentor In the same way there is in the modern day.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
He killed two Templar leaders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*Grandmasters

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM

And I doubt there was even a mentor In the same way there is in the modern day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if you realize, but that's a BIG deal.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM

And I doubt there was even a mentor In the same way there is in the modern day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He completely obliterated the Templar influence in Italy and the Italian branches of both orders were the main branches.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I still don't think there's one assassin world leader.

The Templars move there main prescence to wherever power is, assassins remain where they are, therefore are much more widespread, it would be difficult to have a single leader, maybe he did more, but that doesn't mean he should be in charge of everyone.

souNdwAve89
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
The Assassins moved to where ever the Templars moved. There IS only one leader of the order because it followed the tradition since the days of the Third Crusades to modern day, if you've read the comic.

matheus_737
09-29-2011, 03:21 PM
this is badly explain because how the assassins will now Ezio is the mentor ? Isn't like the mentor in The Fall thre he was knew by all the Assassins in the world ia doubt ALL the Assassins Orders know about Ezio

Will_Lucky
09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
When you think about it, why did Alta´r deserve it? All he did was kill the previous one and 9 other templars including their grandmaster. That's not much compared to what Ezio did before he became the mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the PSP game he killed another Grand Master and his Lieutenants.

SPOILERS of the Book:

And he Dissolved the Brotherhood throughout Europe therefore extending its coverage and size in the long term.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
All of the Assassins on the grid have received news of Ezio's ascension to the spot of Grandmaster or Mentor.

And how they know? They send an Assassin to each of the guilds to let them know.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I guess your right, just seems a little obnoxious.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't see how... he was given the position by the last Grandmaster, Machiavelli.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

In the PSP game he killed another Grand Master and his Lieutenants.

SPOILERS of the Book:

And he Dissolved the Brotherhood throughout Europe therefore extending its coverage and size in the long term. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, but wasn't he already grandmaster by then?

Machiavelli was only a temporary Grandmaster I believe.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
We don't know exactly when he became the Grandmaster though. Do we?

LightRey
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
We don't know exactly when he became the Grandmaster though. Do we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didn't his description in the encyclopedia say he became the grandmaster after killing Al Mualim?

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
This discussion seems to have devolved into people voicing their opinion on whether Ezio deserved the title, which is a moot point. Ezio gained the title when his only really challenge for the position, Machiavelli, gave up his bid for the position and declared Ezio the sole ruler of the Order; before then, since Mario's death, the two seemed to almost share power.

Also, those "two Templar leaders" were in fact Grand Masters, and it is clearly mentioned in the Brotherhood novelisation that Templars outside of Italy answered to both Rodrigo, and Cesare Borgia.

As for Altair obtaining the position, I believe it is mentioned in The Secret Crusade that Altair was seen by many in Masyaf as the only suitable successor to Al Mualim, so he got the position by default.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 05:21 PM
This discussion seems to have devolved into people voicing their opinion on whether Ezio deserved the title, which is a moot point. Ezio gained the title when his only really challenge for the position, Machiavelli, gave up his bid for the position and declared Ezio the sole ruler of the Order; before then, since Mario's death, the two seemed to almost share power.

Also, those "two Templar leaders" were in fact Grand Masters, and it is clearly mentioned in the Brotherhood novelisation that Templars outside of Italy answered to both Rodrigo, and Cesare Borgia.

As for Altair obtaining the position, I believe it is mentioned in The Secret Crusade that Altair was seen by many in Masyaf as the only suitable successor to Al Mualim, so he got the position by default. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I guess that takes care of that then.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 06:06 PM

As for Altair obtaining the position, I believe it is mentioned in The Secret Crusade that Altair was seen by many in Masyaf as the only suitable successor to Al Mualim, so he got the position by default. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I guess that takes care of that then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww man, I just got here... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
We don't know exactly when he became the Grandmaster though. Do we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention what LightRey said, read the Secret Crusade.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 08:06 PM
read the Secret Crusade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:13 PM
read the Secret Crusade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmm?

severalcharacters

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Animuses doesn't like the Secret Crusade, thus he takes it out of his version of canon.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Well he still knows what happened in it. He shouldn't even mention stuff that has an official answer that he disagrees with.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't really understand the dislike for The Secret Crusade.

Sure it wasn't the best written book, game novelizations never are, but the events are pretty solid.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Well he still knows what happened in it. He shouldn't even mention stuff that has an official answer that he disagrees with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The games are the official answer... and movies. I'm sorry that I don't try to justify every move UbiSoft makes.
I never mentioned The Secret Crusade either.:/

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 11:04 PM
The book was great even if it did kill off a few characters fast and gruesome that's life and reality. It makes it awesome. It'll probably look cool in the game.

Remember, Altair has some great knowledge stored in his library and the order wasn't as big. He expanded it to a few places but it wasn't that big yet.

Now who knows what happened to Altair. They didn't explain it in the book. Probably keeping it for a dramatic effect in the game or something. But once Ezio goes to that library and learns what he learns he must decide to only entrust the next mentor with the knowledge.

In 2000, most of the assassins around the world in camps don't even know if the mentor is real or not. It takes Daniel quite a while to finally track him down and I believe he actually is just found after a while when the mentor deems him worthy. Then the events of the comic happen which will make Desmond super important and probably the next true mentor.

I know I've said it before but those comics are friggin awesome.

Anyone order the new version with the ten extra pages?

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
The book was great even if it did kill off a few characters fast and gruesome that's life and reality. It makes it awesome. It'll probably look cool in the game.

Remember, Altair has some great knowledge stored in his library and the order wasn't as big. He expanded it to a few places but it wasn't that big yet.

Now who knows what happened to Altair. They didn't explain it in the book. Probably keeping it for a dramatic effect in the game or something. But once Ezio goes to that library and learns what he learns he must decide to only entrust the next mentor with the knowledge.

In 2000, most of the assassins around the world in camps don't even know if the mentor is real or not. It takes Daniel quite a while to finally track him down and I believe he actually is just found after a while when the mentor deems him worthy. Then the events of the comic happen which will make Desmond super important and probably the next true mentor.

Anyone order the new version with the ten extra pages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm about to. I only had like two little problems with the comics, but I really do love them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif . Do you think they'll go to comic book stores, or can I only order them? The only reason I didn't get the book (Secret Crusade) is because most of it was already in AC: 1 the game.

The only thing I can surmise from what Ezio finds is that is whatever it is:

1-the war between the Templars and assassins didn't end.

2-Ezio left a little while later, trying to live a normal life. So he didn't or couldn't use the information in there.

LightRey
09-30-2011, 07:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

I'm about to. I only had like two little problems with the comics, but I really do love them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif . Do you think they'll go to comic book stores, or can I only order them? The only reason I didn't get the book (Secret Crusade) is because most of it was already in AC: 1 the game.

2-Ezio left a little while later, trying to live a normal life. So he didn't or couldn't use the information in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or he did use the information and was quickly done with whatever he used it for.

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 07:26 AM

2-Ezio left a little while later, trying to live a normal life. So he didn't or couldn't use the information in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or he did use the information and was quickly done with whatever he used it for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Divinci disappearance? Wouldn't be much of a Revelation if he used it all up that fast.

Abeonis
09-30-2011, 08:47 AM
All that has been said is that the "weapon" hidden inside the Masyaf library could end the war, not that it will, or even when. As we've seen in the Da Vinci Disappearance, the First Civilisation have utilised their precognative capabilities to leave messages for Desmond through his ancestors, so it is entirely reasonable to assume that the same thing might happen again once Ezio enters the library.

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
All that has been said is that the "weapon" hidden inside the Masyaf library could end the war, not that it will, or even when. As we've seen in the Da Vinci Disappearance, the First Civilisation have utilised their precognative capabilities to leave messages for Desmond through his ancestors, so it is entirely reasonable to assume that the same thing might happen again once Ezio enters the library. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's why I said maybe Ezio couldn't use the information because it wasn't meant for him. And when I said the war didn't end I mean in that time up to ours.

I'm implying that it'll probably be important to Desmond over Ezio. As the temples always are.

LightRey
09-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Like Divinci disappearance? Wouldn't be much of a Revelation if he used it all up that fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What does the "length" of a Revelation have to do with its importance?

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Like Divinci disappearance? Wouldn't be much of a Revelation if he used it all up that fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What does the "length" of a Revelation have to do with its importance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well usually the Reveltions they give in AC are lasting and effect the future, Leonardo's dlc while made of awesome felt like Ezio and Leonardo ignored it really fast.

The Revelation should have a sort of after tastes that effects all the assassins

True though about length, quality over quantity.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Ezio and Leonardo ignored it because Ezio knew that it wasn't for him, it was for Desmond. Ezio has learned to stop worrying about the mysterious of the world, and focus on what he knows is fact.

masterfenix2009
09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I want to ask, when is it exactly stated that Mario was the grandmaster? I never heard anyone say in AC2 that he was master. He never had that effect on me. Infact, Machiavelli gave the impression of a master in the little time he was shown.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I want to ask, when is it exactly stated that Mario was the grandmaster? I never heard anyone say in AC2 that he was master. He never had that effect on me. Infact, Machiavelli gave the impression of a master in the little time he was shown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was the fact that he always told Ezio what to do. And I think it may of been officially told in Project Legacy. BRB, let me check.

EDIT: According to the Assassin's Creed wiki, it is stated in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that Mario Auditore was the official Grandmaster of the Assassin Order before Machiavelli was the De Facto Grandmaster.

masterfenix2009
09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I want to ask, when is it exactly stated that Mario was the grandmaster? I never heard anyone say in AC2 that he was master. He never had that effect on me. Infact, Machiavelli gave the impression of a master in the little time he was shown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it was the fact that he always told Ezio what to do. And I think it may of been officially told in Project Legacy. BRB, let me check.

EDIT: According to the Assassin's Creed wiki, it is stated in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that Mario Auditore was the official Grandmaster of the Assassin Order before Machiavelli was the De Facto Grandmaster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I meant where in the game? Seeing as the wiki, while very reliable, is not fact. Do you know where in Project legacy this is stated?Just because he told Ezio what to do, that does not make him the master. All of the Assassins in AC2 taught him something. Seeing they were all higher rank than him.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 07:42 PM

EDIT: According to the Assassin's Creed wiki, it is stated in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that Mario Auditore was the official Grandmaster of the Assassin Order before Machiavelli was the De Facto Grandmaster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I meant where in the game? Seeing as the wiki, while very reliable, is not fact. Do you know where in Project legacy this is stated?Just because he told Ezio what to do, that does not make him the master. All of the Assassins in AC2 taught him something. Seeing they were all higher rank than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I mean, it was stated in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, the book. I don't have a copy of the book on me, but I'm fairly sure that this is correct since it has been up on the wikia for ages.

masterfenix2009
09-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh,really? I have been meaning to read it ,but I can't seem to find it.Must have lost it, and school takes up so much time....

AdmiralPerry
09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I think it's also stated in Mario's entry in the database in Brotherhood. I would check, but I'm not anywhere near my system right now.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
I think it's also stated in Mario's entry in the database in Brotherhood. I would check, but I'm not anywhere near my system right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's also in the Encyclopedia if I'm not mistaken. Needless to say, it's quite likely to be canon.

masterfenix2009
10-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Oh, well, I never got the impression from him. That is all.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
I think it's also stated in Mario's entry in the database in Brotherhood. I would check, but I'm not anywhere near my system right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it doesn't. It's just always implied.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Oh, well, I never got the impression from him. That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me neither. However, if you look at just how he's handled things and what he's done, it actually makes quite a lot of sense.

eagleforlife1
10-01-2011, 04:45 AM
In the Brotherhood novel Mario is the Grand Master of the Assassin Order.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
In the Brotherhood novel Mario is the Grand Master of the Assassin Order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't they decapitate him an put his head on a pike in that book?

LightRey
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
In the Brotherhood novel Mario is the Grand Master of the Assassin Order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't they decapitate him an put his head on a pike in that book? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seriously? Oliver Bowden has some serious problems...

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I actually think that it would make sense for the time.

I think that the stuff in the books is canon unless directly changed in the game. Nothing in the game says that he was or wasn't the Grandmaster. Also, Oliver Bowden may of have been writing from the perspective of someone close to the Assassins who was told the story by Ezio. Possibly one of his recruits? Or maybe not an actual Assassin, but a friend of the order.

eagleforlife1
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM

didn't they decapitate him an put his head on a pike in that book? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anywhere in the game suggest that that didn't happen? We saw him die and then didn't see him after that. For all we know they did put his head on a pike.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Does anywhere in the game suggest that that didn't happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When they shot him in the back.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 10:55 AM

I think that the stuff in the books is canon unless directly changed in the game. Nothing in the game says that he was or wasn't the Grandmaster. Also, Oliver Bowden may of have been writing from the perspective of someone close to the Assassins who was told the story by Ezio. Possibly one of his recruits? Or maybe not an actual Assassin, but a friend of the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't remember decapitating the leader of your enemies and putting his head on a stake was part of Renaissance Italian culture.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:57 AM

I think that the stuff in the books is canon unless directly changed in the game. Nothing in the game says that he was or wasn't the Grandmaster. Also, Oliver Bowden may of have been writing from the perspective of someone close to the Assassins who was told the story by Ezio. Possibly one of his recruits? Or maybe not an actual Assassin, but a friend of the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't remember decapitating the leader of your enemies and putting his head on a stake was part of Renaissance Italian culture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes sense for Cesare :P

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM

I don't remember decapitating the leader of your enemies and putting his head on a stake was part of Renaissance Italian culture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes sense for Cesare :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe, but really only if it had a useful strategic purpose, which I guess it could have had, but I'm not sure if it's really that strategic. Cesare was cruel only because it served his purposes well. If kindness and generosity would have gotten him power more easily, he'd have been known for that.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I think he would be using it to scare Ezio from chasing after him.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I think he would be using it to scare Ezio from chasing after him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He was challenging Ezio to follow him to Rome, so I'd say it's the very opposite.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Then the person who wrote the book based off of what Ezio told him is weird.

eagleforlife1
10-01-2011, 11:21 AM

Does anywhere in the game suggest that that didn't happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When they shot him in the back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but they can decapitate him after his death. I haven't read the novel in ages but as I remember it they paraded Mario's head to Ezio on the pike after he had escaped through the back passageway. So, he was decapitated after Ezio had been shot and not seen on screen.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Hmm..

then it wasn't contradicted in the game.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Mario was the only real candidate for Grandmaster in AC2. Everyone else seemed to defer to him when they were all together.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Only reason people wouldn't think he was the Grandmaster would be because he doesn't seem fit for the job. He approaches things like a mercenary, like Bartolomeo.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Only reason people wouldn't think he was the Grandmaster would be because he doesn't seem fit for the job. He approaches things like a mercenary, like Bartolomeo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, we didn't really get to see that much of him. I'm sure he was a lot wiser than he seemed.

masterfenix2009
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe I will have to play AC2 again. To me it always felt like Machiavelli was leading. Or they were all universally leaders.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Hmm..

then it wasn't contradicted in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, oh well, there are other things. Like when Leo was actually there in the Siege of Ezio's town. Or when they say that Ezio learned his blending skills in Venice instead of Florence.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
And when Rodrigo poisoned himself while instead of Ezio letting him live.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Oh, I'm not denying that there are a lot of things that the books contradict on. But I still believe them to be canon on things that it doesn't, because the developers say so.

I also believe that the books are written from the perspective of someone that was told the story by Ezio or someone really close to Ezio, but that doesn't meant that it's canon. Nothing is canon until UbiSoft confirms it, and UbiSoft has confirmed that the books are canon.

I could believe my fanfiction of the Assassin's Creed world turning into the Naruto world is canon, but that doesn't mean it is either.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Only reason people wouldn't think he was the Grandmaster would be because he doesn't seem fit for the job. He approaches things like a mercenary, like Bartolomeo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well so what? To be an assassin just means that you fight against those who would oppress free will. It doesn't say how. Mario was an army commander, yes, but he was from the line which Giovanni was from, and that is the line that restarted the Assassin order, in Italy. Even the Masyaf Assassins fought in open conflict with their army. The Maestro is generally not very hands on, and simply commands armies and assigns targets, like Al Mualim did.

The fact that everyone deferred to him at Ezio's initiation is enough to convince me that he was the leader. Besides, the fact that no-one had to step down for Ezio to become grandmaster means that there was actually no-one in the position at the time. And since the only guy not with them is Mario... I'm just using logic.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I was talking about people in general, not myself.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I thought Machiavelli was the de facto Grandmaster for 3 years after the death of Mario?

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I was talking about people in general, not myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I was just putting out my reasons why I don't agree with them. Sorry, I don't mean to be saying huge argument posts directly to you. : P

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I thought Machiavelli was the de facto Grandmaster for 3 years after the death of Mario? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio and Machiavelli always seemed to be equals before Ezio was promoted to "Il Mentore".

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I thought Machiavelli was the de facto Grandmaster for 3 years after the death of Mario? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio and Machiavelli always seemed to be equals before Ezio was promoted to "Il Mentore". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then what right did Machiavelli have to give the position over to him?

And the mention of that makes me miss the thing of AC1 where you would seemingly 'gain levels' with 'You have gained another rank'.

Makes me wish they named all of those ranks and had a more detailed profile for Altiar in AC1.

Something to add to the remake of it in 5 years? :P

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Ezio and Machiavelli always seemed to be equals before Ezio was promoted to "Il Mentore". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the mention of that makes me miss the thing of AC1 where you would seemingly 'gain levels' with 'You have gained another rank'.

Makes me wish they named all of those ranks and had a more detailed profile for Altiar in AC1.

Something to add to the remake of it in 5 years? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think Machiavelli had authority because he had been with the order longer than Ezio. Technically he was the same rank, but had seniority. Ezio defers to him even when Mario is still alive, in the battle of Forli.

About gaining ranks, I enjoyed that Ezio's assassin recruits have named ranks. I leanred some awesome Italian titles. :P

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Yea, that was cool. I wonder if they'll rename the ranks to something more turkish in ACR.

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM

People really need to start reading previous posts, this has already been answered. During the events of Brotherhood, Machiavelli was Ezio's only real challenge for the position of GM. When Machiavelli removed his claim, he had every right to declare Ezio the de jure GM. Up to that point, following Mario's death, the two had indeed effectively shared the position.

Calvarok
10-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Yea, that was cool. I wonder if they'll rename the ranks to something more turkish in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! I'm excited to learn lots of random turkish words come Revelations!

There's one word that guards were shouting when Ezio throws impact bombs at the two groups or rushing guards, I don't know if I made it out right, it's like "Abed" or "amed" or something. I'll be looking for subtitles in that mission. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(It's in the gamescom walkthrough demo)

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:28 PM

People really need to start reading previous posts, this has already been answered. During the events of Brotherhood, Machiavelli was Ezio's only real challenge for the position of GM. When Machiavelli removed his claim, he had every right to declare Ezio the de jure GM. Up to that point, following Mario's death, the two had indeed effectively shared the position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for offending you by not reading every single post.

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I wasn't offended; I really couldn't care less if you don't read the posts, so that you actually know where, in the conversation, people are.

I just don't like having to repeat points I've already made.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:37 PM
You don't have to. You CHOSE to.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I wasn't offended; I really couldn't care less if you don't read the posts, so that you actually know where, in the conversation, people are.

I just don't like having to repeat points I've already made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, I have read every post in the topic. I just don't remember everything off the top of my head.

eagleforlife1
10-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Yea, that was cool. I wonder if they'll rename the ranks to something more turkish in ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's one word that guards were shouting when Ezio throws impact bombs at the two groups or rushing guards, I don't know if I made it out right, it's like "Abed" or "amed" or something. I'll be looking for subtitles in that mission. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

(It's in the gamescom walkthrough demo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put the word Sayun (which Yusuf greets Ezio with in the E3 demo) into an online translator and apparently it means Mr..

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 01:44 AM

(It's in the gamescom walkthrough demo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put the word Sayun (which Yusuf greets Ezio with in the E3 demo) and apparently it means Mr.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The definition I read said it was a really respectful way of saying mister.

masterfenix2009
10-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Well so what? To be an assassin just means that you fight against those who would oppress free will. It doesn't say how. Mario was an army commander, yes, but he was from the line which Giovanni was from, and that is the line that restarted the Assassin order, in Italy. Even the Masyaf Assassins fought in open conflict with their army. The Maestro is generally not very hands on, and simply commands armies and assigns targets, like Al Mualim did.

The fact that everyone deferred to him at Ezio's initiation is enough to convince me that he was the leader. Besides, the fact that no-one had to step down for Ezio to become grandmaster means that there was actually no-one in the position at the time. And since the only guy not with them is Mario... I'm just using logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They didn't exactly defer to him. The only ones who actually lead the initiation was Machiavelli and Mario.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I never really felt like Ezio and Machiavelli were competing for the Grandmaster position.

I honestly don't think Ezio cared about the position. He just wanted to get the mess over with.

Calvarok
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM

The fact that everyone deferred to him at Ezio's initiation is enough to convince me that he was the leader. Besides, the fact that no-one had to step down for Ezio to become grandmaster means that there was actually no-one in the position at the time. And since the only guy not with them is Mario... I'm just using logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They didn't exactly defer to him. The only ones who actually lead the initiation was Machiavelli and Mario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They deferred to him in that it was Mario who carried out the actual ceremony of words, which as we've seen in Brotherhood is what the leader does.

And Jexx, yeah, that's what I liked about Ezio in Brotherhood. He's too humble to care about being leader or not, even though he's done so much for the order in his life.

blazefp
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
I never really felt like Ezio and Machiavelli were competing for the Grandmaster position.

I honestly don't think Ezio cared about the position. He just wanted to get the mess over with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't felt that either. For me the assassin's brotherhood was something "above" that kind of competitions, it was a brotherhood in which the most "talented" man was the grandmaster. I mean if Ezio was a better suitable man to that place than Machiavelli or Mario, they would give up their positions for him.

masterfenix2009
10-03-2011, 08:05 AM

The fact that everyone deferred to him at Ezio's initiation is enough to convince me that he was the leader. Besides, the fact that no-one had to step down for Ezio to become grandmaster means that there was actually no-one in the position at the time. And since the only guy not with them is Mario... I'm just using logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They didn't exactly defer to him. The only ones who actually lead the initiation was Machiavelli and Mario. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They deferred to him in that it was Mario who carried out the actual ceremony of words, which as we've seen in Brotherhood is what the leader does.

And Jexx, yeah, that's what I liked about Ezio in Brotherhood. He's too humble to care about being leader or not, even though he's done so much for the order in his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Machdaddyvelli said a few words himself if I remember correctly. *Goes to school and later comes home to watch video on YouTube *

LightRey
10-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Machdaddyvelli said a few words himself if I remember correctly. *Goes to school and later comes home to watch video on YouTube * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure you're right about that.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 01:09 PM

And Jexx, yeah, that's what I liked about Ezio in Brotherhood. He's too humble to care about being leader or not, even though he's done so much for the order in his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Machdaddyvelli said a few words himself if I remember correctly. *Goes to school and later comes home to watch video on * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but Machiavelli was merely helping to explain it. Mario recited the creed and marked the finger.

Calvarok
10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Huh, back on the subject, it looks like Ezio isn't officially the leader of all assassins, but he is the highest ranked and has some authority.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Where did you hear/see that Calvarok?

EscoBlades
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I put the question to Darby and Falko earlier today actually.

19:50 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QoEt3F-RYg) is where they answer it. Hope this helps.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
ah...

I'm still confused on something though. What is Yusuf? Is he the Mentor for the Ottoman Assassins?

And Ezio, is he THE Mentor for the Italian Assassins, or is there more than 1 Italian mentor?

EscoBlades
10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
ah...

I'm still confused on something though. What is Yusuf? Is he the Mentor for the Ottoman Assassins?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much. Him and Ezio learn from each other, but the Ottoman Assassins are well aware of Ezio's exploits in Italy, and he is thus revered for those.

CRUDFACE
10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
ah...

And Ezio, is he THE Mentor for the Italian Assassins, or is there more than 1 Italian mentor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, the mentor rules over all the assassins, Yusuf is a master assassins, and according to AC Piri Reis was also a master there as well.

Think of it like this:

Mentor (grandmaster of the entire order)
Master assassin (which can govern an area through an assassin's den)
Assassin
Official Member
Recruit

LightRey
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
So he basically outranks every other assassin, but he isn't really a grandmaster, because he can't give direct orders to everyone. Am I right here?

CRUDFACE
10-04-2011, 08:36 AM
So he basically outranks every other assassin, but he isn't really a grandmaster, because he can't give direct orders to everyone. Am I right here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking about Yusuf or Ezio?

Side Note: this thread is getting huge...

LightRey
10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
So he basically outranks every other assassin, but he isn't really a grandmaster, because he can't give direct orders to everyone. Am I right here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Side Note: this thread is getting huge... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio. I'm basing my conclusion on what's said about it in the interview.

CRUDFACE
10-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Side Note: this thread is getting huge... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio. I'm basing my conclusion on what's said about it in the interview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I think it's like a master assassin deals with things on his own unless specifically guided by the Mentor. that's why Yusuf and the other Ottoman Assassins have the hookblade and Ezio didn't know about it.

The only time he'd give direct orders is when it needs his attention. that's why in the Dends, the Master Assassin will handle everything for you in their ow way wile all you say is, "Make sure you don't lose that den!"

itsamea-mario
10-04-2011, 09:02 AM
HA! I was right! You bunch of myerrrr...

I be so gracious.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 09:18 AM
HA! I wad right! You bunch of myerrrr...

I be so gracious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Who are you calling myerrrr?!

CRUDFACE
10-04-2011, 09:19 AM

Who are you calling myerrrr?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am extremely upset by this insult I don't even know the meaning of!

Seriously, what does it mean!?

LightRey
10-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Who are you calling myerrrr?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am extremely upset by this insult I don't even know the meaning of!

Seriously, what does it mean!? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suspect it's a typo because he's using his cellphone. It's happened a few times before and one of the most common typos amongst those posts was "wad".

itsamea-mario
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Myerrrr is not a word, it was a sound I used instead of a word, cos I'm a nice person.

CRUDFACE
10-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Myerrrr is not a word, it was a sound I used instead of a word, cos I'm a nice person. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, now it makes kind of sense, lol. I kind of thought you meant I was into Stephanie Meyer's books or something.

ProletariatPleb
10-13-2011, 12:46 AM
I've heard Esco's podcast in which those guys explain that stuff and seen this video, Constantinople preview:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIqOZP1A-4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIqOZP1A-4)

So, basically, Ezio according to the podcast is more of a regional leader, but according to the video Yusuf longed to meet him and shows a bit of(except the de la lala part) respect towards Ezio("Come Mentor da Firenze, I will show you around"), so they know of all his work in Italy and thus show respect or Darby and Falko misunderstood the question?

Or am I being an idiot &gt;_&gt;

eagleforlife1
10-13-2011, 01:06 AM
He showed respect to him because he respected what he did in Italy. It still doesn't make Ezio grandmaster though. He is just famous and legendary for his actions amongst the Assassins.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 01:34 AM
He showed respect to him because he respected what he did in Italy. It still doesn't make Ezio grandmaster though. He is just famous and legendary for his actions amongst the Assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's not a grandmaster because such a title simply cannot exist in those times, because communication is too slow. However he still outranks the other assassins, because he's Il Mentore.

Abeonis
10-13-2011, 06:13 AM
He showed respect to him because he respected what he did in Italy. It still doesn't make Ezio grandmaster though. He is just famous and legendary for his actions amongst the Assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's not a grandmaster because such a title simply cannot exist in those times, because communication is too slow. However he still outranks the other assassins, because he's Il Mentore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Ezio is a Grand Master still; granted, not of the entire order, but of his guild. The title of Grand Master and "The Mentor" are one and the same, as Yusuf is descibed in the Encyclopedia as being the "Grand Master of the Ottoman Assassins".

LightRey
10-13-2011, 06:58 AM
He's not a grandmaster because such a title simply cannot exist in those times, because communication is too slow. However he still outranks the other assassins, because he's Il Mentore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, Ezio is a Grand Master still; granted, not of the entire order, but of his guild. The title of Grand Master and "The Mentor" are one and the same, as Yusuf is descibed in the Encyclopedia as being the "Grand Master of the Ottoman Assassins". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not true. It was confirmed in an interview that the title of Mentor was a unique one within the entire order and that only in modern times it became the equivalent of the title of Grand Master of the entire order.

dxsxhxcx
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not really, the mentor rules over all the assassins, Yusuf is a master assassins, and according to AC Piri Reis was also a master there as well.

Think of it like this:

Assassin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe they explained that during Ezio's time the Mentor was the one responsible ONLY for the order on his/her country since communication between countries/continents was difficult during that time, so Ezio is the Mentor of the Italian Order and has nothing to do with the Ottoman Order, Yusuf MAY be the Mentor of the Ottoman Order and in other countries where there are assassins guilds, there is another Mentor who is behind of the entire Order of THAT country, in the future the communication become a lot better and then the assassins decided that only one Mentor would rule over the entire Order, that's what I understood...

LightRey
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not really, the mentor rules over all the assassins, Yusuf is a master assassins, and according to AC Piri Reis was also a master there as well.

Think of it like this:

I believe they explained that during Ezio's time the Mentor was the one responsible ONLY for the order on his/her country since communication between countries/continents was difficult during that time, so Ezio is the Mentor of the Italian Order and has nothing to do with the Ottoman Order, Yusuf MAY be the Mentor of the Ottoman Order and in other countries where there are assassins guilds, there is another Mentor who is behind of the entire Order of THAT country, in the future the communication become a lot better and then the assassins decided that only one Mentor would rule over the entire Order, that's what I understood... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, the position of Mentor is a unique position within the entire order.

dxsxhxcx
10-13-2011, 07:38 AM
they definitely need to do another interview (maybe a Q&A with Gabe) with drawings explaining the Mentor situation this time (the same way they explained how Altair and Ezio are not related in one of the last interviews I saw).. lol

LightRey
10-13-2011, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
they definitely need to do another interview (maybe a Q&A with Gabe) with drawings explaining the Mentor situation this time (the same way they explained how Altair and Ezio are not related in one of the last interviews I saw).. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They did. It's a recent one and it's posted on the forum.

EDIT: The interview I'm talking about was posted by EscoBlades on the previous page of this thread -____-
Please check the previous posts next time, instead of asking the same questions over and over again in the very same thread, guys.

dxsxhxcx
10-13-2011, 07:50 AM
they definitely need to do another interview (maybe a Q&A with Gabe) with drawings explaining the Mentor situation this time (the same way they explained how Altair and Ezio are not related in one of the last interviews I saw).. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They did. It's a recent one and it's posted on the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

about the Mentor situation or Altair/Ezio not being related?! If they did one about the Mentor (I watched the one about Altair and Ezio), could you please post the link here?!

LightRey
10-13-2011, 07:51 AM
They did. It's a recent one and it's posted on the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

about the Mentor situation or Altair/Ezio not being related?! If they did one about the Mentor (I watched the one about Altair and Ezio), could you please post the link here?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
See my edited post.

RzaRecta357
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Um didn't that interview say that Ezio and Yusuf are on the same level because in those times there was no THE MENTOR like there was/are in our time.

I haven't watched it in a few days but I'm pretty positive that's what they said.

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM
No they just said that Ezio was the mentor for the Italian Assassins. Never said that Yusuf was the Ottoman Assassin leader.

Abeonis
10-14-2011, 03:24 AM
No they just said that Ezio was the mentor for the Italian Assassins. Never said that Yusuf was the Ottoman Assassin leader. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but the "Encyclopedia: Making Of" video did say Yusuf was the Ottoman Grand Master.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:36 AM
No they just said that Ezio was the mentor for the Italian Assassins. Never said that Yusuf was the Ottoman Assassin leader. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but the "Encyclopedia: Making Of" video did say Yusuf was the Ottoman Grand Master. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, when? Didn't they say he was another master? Actually, I don't even remember them mentioning his name.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:59 AM

No, but the "Encyclopedia: Making Of" video did say Yusuf was the Ottoman Grand Master. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Quote, link and time of the video please.

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 04:42 AM

Think of it like this:

I believe they explained that during Ezio's time the Mentor was the one responsible ONLY for the order on his/her country since communication between countries/continents was difficult during that time, so Ezio is the Mentor of the Italian Order and has nothing to do with the Ottoman Order, Yusuf MAY be the Mentor of the Ottoman Order and in other countries where there are assassins guilds, there is another Mentor who is behind of the entire Order of THAT country, in the future the communication become a lot better and then the assassins decided that only one Mentor would rule over the entire Order, that's what I understood... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, the position of Mentor is a unique position within the entire order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was in Altair's time and in modern times, but not in Ezio's time.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 05:26 AM

Think of it like this:

No, the position of Mentor is a unique position within the entire order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was in Altair's time and in modern times, but not in Ezio's time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it was. Listen to the interview again. It's a unique rank within the entire order. Yusuf even refers to him as being Il Mentore (notice that the "Il" part strongly suggests Ezio's the only one).

itsamea-mario
10-14-2011, 07:31 AM
But he's still not in charge of the entire order.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:34 AM
But he's still not in charge of the entire order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, that is true. That's why he's The Mentor, but not the grandmaster of the entire order.

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 07:52 AM

Think of it like this:

It was in Altair's time and in modern times, but not in Ezio's time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it was. Listen to the interview again. It's a unique rank within the entire order. Yusuf even refers to him as being Il Mentore (notice that the "Il" part strongly suggests Ezio's the only one). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have listened to it again. And Darby McDevitt says "the phrase Mentor applied to any assassin who had reached master assassin level and made some great achievements. The reason that Ezio is not the Grand Master of the entire Assassin Order is simple. Back then communication between two different continents was extremely slow. He's the mentor for the Italian assassins. By the end of the 19th century the mentor has become a more worldwide official title". Hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I have listened to it again. And Darby McDevitt says "the phrase Mentor applied to any assassin who had reached master assassin level. The reason that Ezio is not the Grand Master of the entire Assassin Order is simple. Back then communication between two different continents was extremely slow. He's the mentor for the Italian assassins. By the end of the 19th century the mentor has become a more worldwide official title". Hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should listen to what he says right after that.

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 08:09 AM
I have listened to it again. And Darby McDevitt says "the phrase Mentor applied to any assassin who had reached master assassin level. The reason that Ezio is not the Grand Master of the entire Assassin Order is simple. Back then communication between two different continents was extremely slow. He's the mentor for the Italian assassins. By the end of the 19th century the mentor has become a more worldwide official title". Hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should listen to what he says right after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I quoted Darby on is paraphrasing everything that he said. There was no more after what I quoted.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 09:02 AM
You know, I actually like the idea of a mentor for each area over a Mentor for the entire order.

Dagio12
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
that interview is clear that Ezio is not the GRANDMASTER of the entire order, but the grandmaster of the Italian branch of the order. He is basically as high ranking as you can get in that time period, as there was no way to have one formal Mentor in a time where communications were extremely difficult. Its not to say that he isnt one of the most respected or perhaps one of the greatest assassins of his time, but still does not rule over everyone and everything, as that would have been borderline impossible to do back then.

at least, that is what i gather.

Abeonis
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote, link and time of the video please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/Jasca_Ducato/Encycpic.jpg
From 4:18. Second sentence in the first paragraph.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I TOLD PEOPLE. I told people that Ezio is the Grandmaster of the ITALIAN Order, not the Constantinople/Middle Eastern Order. Told'em Yusuf was &gt;.&gt; No one believes!

Also that there was only one Il Mentore, Ezio Auditore.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote, link and time of the video please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/Jasca_Ducato/Encycpic.jpg
From 4:18. Second sentence in the first paragraph. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks. Still doesn't say he holds the title of Mentor though (not that I'm implying you're saying that).

Abeonis
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks. Still doesn't say he holds the title of Mentor though (not that I'm implying you're saying that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, "The Mentor" seems to be more of a symbolic title than a rank per se. It seems to be that only Al Mualim and Ezio Auditore held both titles at the same time.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks. Still doesn't say he holds the title of Mentor though (not that I'm implying you're saying that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, "The Mentor" seems to be more of a symbolic title than a rank per se. It seems to be that only Al Mualim and Ezio Auditore held both titles at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Also the fact that it's specifically "Il Mentore" or "The Mentor" instead of just "Mentore" or "Mentor" implies that there really only is one of them at a time.

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM

No, "The Mentor" seems to be more of a symbolic title than a rank per se. It seems to be that only Al Mualim and Ezio Auditore held both titles at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Also the fact that it's specifically "Il Mentore" or "The Mentor" instead of just "Mentore" or "Mentor" implies that there really only is one of them at a time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kids at school talk about 'The' headteacher. But there is a different headteacher in every different school.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Also the fact that it's specifically "Il Mentore" or "The Mentor" instead of just "Mentore" or "Mentor" implies that there really only is one of them at a time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kids at school talk about 'The' headteacher. But there is a different headteacher in every different school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, but their title is "headteacher", not "the headteacher". Ezio's title is "Il Mentore", not "Mentore".

eagleforlife1
10-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Kids at school talk about 'The' headteacher. But there is a different headteacher in every different school. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes, but their title is "headteacher", not "the headteacher". Ezio's title is "Il Mentore", not "Mentore". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough, I still disagree with you though.

Animuses
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
yes, but their title is "headteacher", not "the headteacher". Ezio's title is "Il Mentore", not "Mentore". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is no difference between Mentor and The Mentor, especially since the Italian language always uses definite articles.
Edit: what's with this huge gap under my post?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
There is no difference between Mentor and The Mentor, especially since the Italian language always uses definite articles.
Edit: what's with this huge gap under my post? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For titles?

ShaneO7K
10-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Invisible sig?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Invisible sig? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably. My guess would be it's because the forum is having signature problems once again (mine's disappeared for example) and I think the cause of the gap would be the fact that there was a picture in your sig.

Animuses
10-14-2011, 03:18 PM
For titles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In general.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
For titles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In general. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but so do English and Dutch. Titles such as "President", not "the President" still exist in those languages.