PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 2 Master Assassins edition(US Collectors edition) discontinued!?!?!?

Nitsut1658
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi, I have been planning on pre ordering AC2 for a while now but i was trying to save the money first, anyways i checked on gamestop.com and they didnt have the page for the collectors edition? Anyone know why they stopped pre ordering them? Also what day this happened?
Also for anyone who is in the same predicament as me, I called my local PlayNTrade store and the guy said his manager would be able to get me a Collectors edition even though gamestop discontinued them. So im happy ill still be able to get it.
Thanks in advance

Nitsut1658
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi, I have been planning on pre ordering AC2 for a while now but i was trying to save the money first, anyways i checked on gamestop.com and they didnt have the page for the collectors edition? Anyone know why they stopped pre ordering them? Also what day this happened?
Also for anyone who is in the same predicament as me, I called my local PlayNTrade store and the guy said his manager would be able to get me a Collectors edition even though gamestop discontinued them. So im happy ill still be able to get it.
Thanks in advance

Zulkin
11-13-2009, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nitsut1658:
Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE> They stopped doing preorders a while ago, because its limited edition. Only so many of them are made.

Edengoth
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
*facepalm* Gamestop lets you put down like 5 dollars on pre-orders so you can reserve them and pay the rest later. You didn't have to wait 'til you had all the money to reserve it.

Zulkin
11-13-2009, 09:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
*facepalm* Gamestop lets you put down like 5 dollars on pre-orders so you can reserve them and pay the rest later. You didn't have to wait 'til you had all the money to reserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was trying to be merciful and not mention that... haha. /agree

ProjectXigis
11-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Lucky I placed $25 on my pre-order.

Nitsut1658
11-13-2009, 09:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*facepalm* Gamestop lets you put down like 5 dollars on pre-orders so you can reserve them and pay the rest later. You didn't have to wait 'til you had all the money to reserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea i know that, ive preordered games before but i wanted to be sure i had the money before it came out, then pre order it.

Crash_Plague
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nitsut1658:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*facepalm* Gamestop lets you put down like 5 dollars on pre-orders so you can reserve them and pay the rest later. You didn't have to wait 'til you had all the money to reserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea i know that, ive preordered games before but i wanted to be sure i had the money before it came out, then pre order it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then....what's the point of pre-ordering it?

ya know what...nvm.

Drakonous505
11-14-2009, 06:16 AM
I put $5 the first chance I got... Then I paid off the whole thing xD

jmk1999
11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
i like to waffle a bit first... and usually i have no problem if i do it more than a week before release, but on the 7th i tried and found out it was discontinued. seems pretty lame that they can't do it a a WEEK AND A HALF prior to release. i was a little disappointed. decided to not buy from gamestop since the extra money and tax just isn't worth one little bonus level. i'll probably check if they got it on release day in case someone downgraded... if not, i'll get it on amazon where the shipping and tax is free, plus it's cheaper anyway... and i'll do that when i'm good and ready. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-14-2009, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">usually i have no problem if i do it more than a week before release, but on the 7th i tried and found out it was discontinued. seems pretty lame that they can't do it a a WEEK AND A HALF prior to release. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
most stores in Europe ran out of copies of the black edition back in July or August, it's a popular game and these editions are limited supply you cant expect them to be around for ever. hell I've seem special editions of games sell out in a couple of day's of them being announced, it's amazing a couple of places did manage to get so many copies.

MrNussbaum
11-14-2009, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:
*facepalm* Gamestop lets you put down like 5 dollars on pre-orders so you can reserve them and pay the rest later. You didn't have to wait 'til you had all the money to reserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, you don't even have to put 5 dollars down. I always pre-order online and select in store pick-up and I have never put any money down.

jmk1999
11-14-2009, 10:59 AM
my assumption is, i'm probably not as enthusiastic about AC as i was with the first one... i probably just didn't feel like jumpin on the pre-order band waggon quite yet. whatever... my fault for waiting... besides, i probably wouldn't have used anything extra except the ingame stuff anyway, and 10-20 bucks more is kind of a waste. we'll see if it gets released in ps store later. i know they do that pretty regularly... in fact, the ninja gaiden sigma 2 costume was just released the other day with new costumes for the girls in the game.

Phobos14
11-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Limited edition

/Topic

jmk1999
11-14-2009, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phobos14:
Limited edition

/Topic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thanks for that bit of insight... your sarcasm is about as weak and pointless as what you've added to this topic. congratulations, you've failed at making friends. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Phobos14
11-14-2009, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dom1999:

thanks for that bit of insight... your sarcasm is about as weak and pointless as what you've added to this topic. congratulations, you've failed at making friends. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not sarcasm. Its a limited edition. Which means they arent going to have it up until the release date with the amount of people pre-ordering.

Im not here to make friends.

Black_Widow9
11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Please post in this thread-
Assassin's Creed 2 - GAME EDITIONS (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8591064287)
If it is no longer available, the Limited Editions must have sold out.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>