PDA

View Full Version : Texture Pop-in issues. Why?

dustoffxl
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Why is it that these next generation consoles, XBOX 360, and PS3 still have texture pop-in issues? The 360 has 512MB and 3 core processor. On PC, you NEVER see games having texture pop in issues. This ruins the atmosphere!

I have AC on the 360, and although the pop-in is minimal, it still exists and gets worse through the final levels of the game. You will start to see people in the distance pop-in.

512MB is limiting compared to PC, but there should be a way to not show these pop-in's. At least add a transition to gradually fade in the "actors" and scenery. Not just pop in the new textures.

dustoffxl
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Why is it that these next generation consoles, XBOX 360, and PS3 still have texture pop-in issues? The 360 has 512MB and 3 core processor. On PC, you NEVER see games having texture pop in issues. This ruins the atmosphere!

I have AC on the 360, and although the pop-in is minimal, it still exists and gets worse through the final levels of the game. You will start to see people in the distance pop-in.

512MB is limiting compared to PC, but there should be a way to not show these pop-in's. At least add a transition to gradually fade in the "actors" and scenery. Not just pop in the new textures.

Mojo_69
11-27-2007, 09:51 PM
ya i see your point and trust me as each new console is made they slowley get closer and closer to how good the pc is and soon one day in the future they will be just as good, but for now assassin's creed is so big its hard to stop pop ups.

gaz2785
11-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah it does get worse towards the end of the game - people just appear in thin air!