PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Guide

KrazyNinjaApple
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, I've been rolling through the forums n noticed a lot of complaints and questions about the game and figured I might try and answer a few of them from my point of view.
I suggest you read this excellent short on how to play multiplayer that the developers were kind enough to put up before going any further.
Multiplayer Strategy/Tips (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/news/12362.html)

Stun:
I'll start off by saying, STUN IS NOT A COUNTER! There are no counters in this game.
If someone has used their skill to get close enough to you had have pressed the 'Assassinate' button, you are going to die, there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how much you spam your 'Stun' button, you can't stop the inevitable.

Secondly, Stun will only work if
A) You catch them by surprise, this means getting them from behind.
Don't expect just because you ran around them and pressed 'Stun' that it should have worked.
When I say "by surprise", I mean, you saw them following you, took measures to hide around a corner/in a group/in a haystack WITHOUT them seeing you do that AND THEN waited for them to pass you and performed a 'Stun'.
B) Lag/Thumb falling off prevents them from pressing 'Assassinate' in time.

I have seen people use Stuns incredibly well and it is an excellent move when used properly. If it was changed to a counter, then every whiny ***** out there would complain that they couldn't kill their mark because every time they tried to kill them, they were stunned.
So I'll say it again, STUN IS NOT A COUNTER!.
The lovely folks from Ubisoft even say as much... "The stun in multiplayer modes is not meant to be an efficient counter, don't rely on it!"

Alliance Mode:
This next bit is something of a pet hate of mine. When you play a game of Alliance by yourself. DON'T, for the love of god, pick your team straight up so you can get the choice of what character you play. The amount of times I've played alliance with my mate and all 3 teams already have 1 person in them, meaning we can't play together, makes me rage.
If your playing solo, WAIT 10 seconds so that people in parties can group together.

Manhunt Mode:
A few people have been complaining about a bug in manhunt. If you're surrounded by the entire team and they just keep spam stunning you, then your team is doing something incredibly wrong.
So do the right thing, yell the **** at them to get their asses over to you and pick up some free easy kills.

I'll add more later, if anyone has something else to add, just chuck it in below and I'll add it in.

- Applzor

KrazyNinjaApple
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, I've been rolling through the forums n noticed a lot of complaints and questions about the game and figured I might try and answer a few of them from my point of view.
I suggest you read this excellent short on how to play multiplayer that the developers were kind enough to put up before going any further.
Multiplayer Strategy/Tips (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/news/12362.html)

Stun:
I'll start off by saying, STUN IS NOT A COUNTER! There are no counters in this game.
If someone has used their skill to get close enough to you had have pressed the 'Assassinate' button, you are going to die, there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how much you spam your 'Stun' button, you can't stop the inevitable.

Secondly, Stun will only work if
A) You catch them by surprise, this means getting them from behind.
Don't expect just because you ran around them and pressed 'Stun' that it should have worked.
When I say "by surprise", I mean, you saw them following you, took measures to hide around a corner/in a group/in a haystack WITHOUT them seeing you do that AND THEN waited for them to pass you and performed a 'Stun'.
B) Lag/Thumb falling off prevents them from pressing 'Assassinate' in time.

I have seen people use Stuns incredibly well and it is an excellent move when used properly. If it was changed to a counter, then every whiny ***** out there would complain that they couldn't kill their mark because every time they tried to kill them, they were stunned.
So I'll say it again, STUN IS NOT A COUNTER!.
The lovely folks from Ubisoft even say as much... "The stun in multiplayer modes is not meant to be an efficient counter, don't rely on it!"

Alliance Mode:
This next bit is something of a pet hate of mine. When you play a game of Alliance by yourself. DON'T, for the love of god, pick your team straight up so you can get the choice of what character you play. The amount of times I've played alliance with my mate and all 3 teams already have 1 person in them, meaning we can't play together, makes me rage.
If your playing solo, WAIT 10 seconds so that people in parties can group together.

Manhunt Mode:
A few people have been complaining about a bug in manhunt. If you're surrounded by the entire team and they just keep spam stunning you, then your team is doing something incredibly wrong.
So do the right thing, yell the **** at them to get their asses over to you and pick up some free easy kills.

I'll add more later, if anyone has something else to add, just chuck it in below and I'll add it in.

- Applzor

EvillllllllllL
11-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Quality kills not only score you more points but make the game more enjoyable for everyone. it might be cool to be on the roof but hanging out up there may hinder your ability and other people ability to enjoy the game.