PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Den Defense..

Sarari
12-03-2011, 04:35 PM
I've beaten some Den Defenses to the point where I have to destroy that machine that spits cannon balls. It's almost impossible to defeat it!! I've used cannons on it, I've put gunmen and archers on the rooftops, and I can still not get it's health down to any lower than 40%. It destroys my barricades in 1 hit-2 hits tops. And cannons barely damage the thing.

How do I defeat it???

ProdiGurl
12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey, consider yourself lucky you got that far in the defense! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Have you checked out Youtube Vids?

S-EVANS
12-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Get a leader on all rooftops as early as possible, controlling 4rooftops will grant you 8points every 10seconds...

the quicker you get 4 leaders placed, the more morale points you earn for later missions which means more firepower. combined with looting and kills made...

a battering ram will kill the basic barricade in the following manner:

Level 1: 2 attacks (the ram hits twice)
Level 2: 3 attacks
Level 3: 4.5 attacks

in the early stages of den defense you have a very limited choice on attack siege carts, in fact your only three choices are:

1. Multiple barricades - slow its progress
2. Riflemen (create 90 damage per bullet fired)
3. cannon fire

other units create damage but you need to aim for max firepower. the ram has 5000 health points...

these units deliver the following damage to the ram cart:

1. crossbowmen = 34 per attack
2. riflemen = 90 per attack

this is ranged, so were basing the figures attacking from the rooftops. as soon as the siege cart comes to its first stationery point (or) when it first comes onto the screen, whichever suits you best. hit it with all 3 cannon shots, this gives you the maximum chance to allow the cannon to reload for a bonus shot.

it would take 12 riflemen (in range) to deal 1080 damage to the ram siege cart, so to kill it all 12 riflemen must hit the siege cart 5times each... more for crossbowmen!!

thats a reasonable figure (not the best option) as long as we have 3 lv.3 barricades in position at least...

whilst you are waiting for the cannon to reload they will normally be a wave of riflemen behind it kill these yourself with ezio gun and earn morale points and place more riflemen along the rooftops at the next barricade point...

if you dont kill the wave of riflemen behind the cart they will kill your riflemen you have placed on the rooftop which in turn reduces how many times you hit the siege cart. that then means your inflicting less damage per attack and you need to take out 5000 health points with men who only deal 90 damage.

i hope this helps, remember im assuming your having trouble with a ram siege cart, other carts are stronger and deal more damage and therefore require different logic applied to beat them...

but the principle is max firepower that you can obtain...

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">EDIT - what happened to my avatar, has my server gone down again ?</span>

Sarari
12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info bro! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But the riflemen take forever to reload. That's why I never usually place them. But it's worth another try I guess.

And I'm talking about the one that shoots cannons. It shot across the entire street into my den and destroyed it completely. That thing is crazy man.

masterfenix2009
12-03-2011, 11:53 PM
I usually put crossbow men in the front and riflemen in the back. Remember to use Caltrop and splinter bomb assassins!

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Responding to Sarari

And I'm talking about the one that shoots cannons.

Heres more data for you...

http://www.desrat.lightning-bolt.net/wolf/downloads/defense.JPG

Sarari
12-04-2011, 09:01 AM
So in this case, which barricade should I use?? I don't have the cannon barricade yet, so which one is best suitable for blocking off the cannon siege machine?

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 09:10 AM
General rule is always use the best one you have. i havent played a den defense for a while now so cant remember, but i think it replaces each barricade as you unlock the next one..

Either way you have to try and combine the best barricade with the best combination of troops you have unlocked.

The best you can do is maximise your morale count, and maintain the highest degree of firepower.

Sarari
12-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok, thanks for the help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
I never got to use the cannon cuz I never played Den Defense (exept the first memory during memory replay) after I got the cannon.