PDA

View Full Version : I don't Understand????

BLACK_HART
12-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Someone please shed some light into this game I use to love so dearly.

Since the developement of IL-2 to the current running sim, Pacific fighters all I have done is nothing but download fixes for Flight Models to Damage Modeling. I read the readme files to find out what fixes are being made and to what it applies to but just labels planes that are fixed with no do credit as to what it fixed and why spacifically.

The latest patch 3.03m is to me the most horrific blunder IMO to set foot in the game. I know there are some of you that will disagree and be raged at what I just typed.

Here are the sudden changes I have found so far just in four planes alone.

Dive Rates:
109's, 51's, 47's, Spits 'most later models' have dramaticaly changed in compressing it to a point it is virtually impossable to get out of than before.

Rate of Fire:

Has any one noticed the change in the hit ratio and had to make adjustments in there aim since 3.03m?

Climb Rates:

More lazier climbs than before in certain models that was not part of the change as listed in the readme.

Level Speed Acceleration:

Has anyone else noticed the speed acceleration in level flight has dramatically been reduced?
Dramatic stalls more so in high speed and low speed turns. If I get nicked at all in the wings I stall out of control in any slight turn any more. Blackouts accure more so than ever before in low and high speed turns no matter how I adjust the speed to turn ratio.

I could go on but I'm not going to. I just don't understand what the issues are any more.

one patch to fix another patch to fix that patch .. I mean it's not only getting old it's getting rediculous!!!!

What is going on over there?? If a patch is released isn't it suppose to be final?

I understand there will be changes for improvement but it has been going on for some time now. I don't understand and am very disapointed to the point that all the CD's I have based on this sim is fixing to be coasters for my drinks.

I just don't understand. I know this though. Before I sink any more time energy and money into this I want to understand fully why all the changes so dramatically and why they were not implamented in the very begining if they knew it wasn't right according to some of the people I have encountered n this community.

I my self am about two months away from just calling it quits and pawning this this ... sim to a pawn shop ... I am very frustrated right now.

BH

WUAF_Badsight
01-01-2005, 12:01 AM
you ever heard of anyone whose perfect ?

BLACK_HART
01-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Expected that from you BADSIGHT but you haven't explained anything witht that.

try again?

JUANT2
01-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Well, I am blessed to fly with a WWII P-47 & P-51 pilot every night. The main thing that botheres him is the black-outs and the flat spins. He flew several fighters over Europe, and says that the fighters did not flat spin and black-outs were almost unheard of.

I love PF, I like everything that we are working towards as a cobat sim. I even let the .50 cals lack of striking power slide since the game came out. I know there is a lot of things going on, and several planes being worked on.

I just ask for realistic .50 cals, not flat spins in fighters that didn't flat spin, and Allied bombers that we can take out squad up in and a unit, and bomb as a unit. I'll take the rest for now, and hope taht we, by flying PF every night, can make the game better. Thanks Oleg and the Ubisoft crew. Best Regard. The 353rd Fighter Group

BLACK_HART
01-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Don't get me wrong gent's I do love this game so much I have my wife trying very hard everynight to fly.

I spent countless nights and days flying, improving everything I could to be better.

I know that no one is perfect but some of the changes have been made on the same plane sets for the last 8 out of 12 patches that I can think of.

I see great and wonderfull things in this sim but it just seems to be going backwards. All I ask is someone that understands this to explian it. I am also greatful for the hard work and dedication to the team of Maddox for the work produced in the past but it doesn't explain the 3.03m dramatic changes.

BH

WUAF_Badsight
01-01-2005, 12:43 AM
to your concerns

they have introduced more complex calculations into the FM from what ive read about the 3.03 , this isnt a change cause it was wrong , its a change to something more complex

climbs are now calculated differently now is one spin off from this , as is takeoff accelleration (which really knowledgeable carrier fans have said is really close to RL abilitys)

the way these plane behave , its a constant running calculation , a real time reactionary system , as opposed to a "tabled" flying model where "statistics" in graph form goven your planes performance

im not a fan of more sluggish performance either , but what we got aint a FPS , its based on real history & even as good as it is , it still dont go very far to replicating how hard this caper really was IRL

BLACK_HART
01-01-2005, 01:01 AM
You know me better as JG27Blackhart Badsight and yes I read this forum a bit I know what your like even though I don't say a lot here and no you didn't answer my question on why all of the sudden the change.

What I do gather from what you said is they got a wild hair up there rear end and made a complete FM change? Why not come out with a new and complete different game.

I did support this sim by buying it did I not?

The readme did not state a complete game revamp in flight models nor did it detail in such. There were not any warning previous to such drastic changes. Shouldn't the little guys be warned and have a say?

If you get tissues it's for you own needs hence the reason why you probably have them handy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BH

WUAF_Badsight
01-01-2005, 01:36 AM
lol ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

i havent read anything about 3.03 being a total flight model change , just that what was altered effects all planes , so it wasnt just 1 or 2 that got tweaked

from whats been posted , its things like acceleration & climbing that is most noticable

BuzzU
01-01-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm glad to hear a real P-51 pilot thinks we black out too soon in this sim. I kept telling myself it couldn't be right. Along with the elevator control.

AFIEE
01-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok BLACKHART I wish to throw in my two cents worth. Being your wife and a flyer myself (even if I am new to it) I feel I can.

You know that I support you 100% and if you want to quit flying then ok. As for me I just started and I am really enjoying it even though I do get frustrated, scream and curse at the monitor. I understand your point and agree with you to some extent. But I have spent the morning reading forums trying to come to my own conclusions. So for what it is worth here is what I think.

1. Everyone has an opinion on the patches. Some good, some bad.
2. Everyone is asking for different things. And some are some really petty BS in my opinion.
3. This is still just a GAME!!! A great game but a GAME!!!... It will never be 100% realistic. They can not possibly give everyone what they want.
4. I agree that the patches coming out so often is crazy and that we spend alot of time downloading patches and then being frustrated with the results. I think that they should only release a patch when it is finished. Maybe have only a select few testing betas for bugs. Call me crazy that is just my opinion.
5. I can't give you the answers that you want. I am not sure anyone can. Except for maybe Oleg.
6. I have experienced more stalls and blackouts on this patch than before. And it is VERY frustrating.

I guess since I am new to this I am easy to please. But it seems to me that Oleg and his team are doing the best they can. I mean come on the some of the post in here are crazy. (not yours of course)http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hope this post doesn't upset you. It is just my opinion and as you well know we don't always agree on everything. But I still enjony flying with you and hope that we can continue to!

x__CRASH__x
01-01-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't want to step in the middle of a domestic disturbance.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ... but here are my thoughts:

Frustration towards the game/developers/publishers is at an all time high. This is brought on by a number of factors:

- Little info on upcoming changes, and WHEN those changes should be expected. (2 weeks my a$$)
- New plane additions that were expected 2 months ago still not being added.
- New U.S. planes stopped by big evil U.S. corporations
- A patch or two that seemed to do more harm then good in several respects of the game.

So, what do we do about it? Many voice their frustrations in here, as you have. Some just stop flying and pick up another game. Some of us just stew, and grit our teeth, and hope that eventually, things will be set right, or close to right.

I'm the latter. I love flying this sim. For... 3 years now? wow!... I've loved it from when IL-2 1.0 came out. Online competition has fueled my fire and kept me airborne. There is always something new to learn and different to do. I never get bored.

The problems will get fixed. The airplanes will be added. And someday... if I really really wish for it... Oleg will realize BoB will be a flop and start working on a MTO sim.

HelSqnProtos
01-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Frustration towards the game/developers/publishers is at an all time high. This is brought on by a number of factors:

- Little info on upcoming changes, and WHEN those changes should be expected. (2 weeks my a$$)
- New plane additions that were expected 2 months ago still not being added.
- New U.S. planes stopped by big evil U.S. corporations
- A patch or two that seemed to do more harm then good in several respects of the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I fully agree with these statements and would add a few of my own for the record. I have flown luftwaffe for several years and have become fairly proficient with Axis planes. I recently formed a new squadron and we have switched sides for our training and in preparation for BoB. We have primarily been flying spits as opposed to my normal ride of 109's. I can tell you that as someone who has flown and fought both, the so called "Luftwhiners are RIGHT" Axis birds are continually taking performance hits and having their striking power weakened. Same shot conditions with a BF 109 requires at least 3 times the hits. This is not right. In real life the 20's were very close in performance to the Hispano.

For the record I want to state I am quite comfortable flying either side and thier birds. I think what Oleg and crew have accomplished is AMAZING AND THEY DESERVE EVERY RESPECT WE CAN GIVE THEM. Having said that, we all want the Simulation to IMPROVE. I am a Canadian by nationality and have nothing but respect for Americans but it seems like too much weight has been given to thier wishes and desires. I realize that the American market is tremendously important, but imho catering to them has started to be bothersome to many many other flyers. The balance at least 'seems' to be off. 4 20s an 2mgs in an fw190 definetly have more destructive power than 2 Hispano and a couple of mg. We need to get the gunnery right and get back to the historical performance stats of some of these birds. It doesn't take anywhere near the level of hits required to bring down a bird in the game that it did in RL. A mustang should be crippled and was in RL by even one round to the engine. Liquid Cooleds are notorious for being weak and the stang's was really not able to handle it. This should be modelled but has not be --- again inho. I would respectfully like to see some of the issues raised by the community addressed, not because I have a favourite ride or bird --- I Don't ---- but because this sim is so absolutely fantastic that these errors (again imho) are like scars on a beautiful face.They don't belong their and are detracting from the whole.

I urge everyone to continue the dialong, it has been shown that Oleg listens!!!! Where else can you find that?????!!!!!! I can tell you categorically NO WHERE. Lets work with the team to help this sim reach its potential. And remember BoB will be a new starting point, things can only get better with a new game engine.

VMF223_Anderson
01-01-2005, 01:23 PM
<S!>

Happy New Years, It is my hope, instead of trying to stretch the life of a dated engine, they finish up 3.04, and get on to the new engine. I have been flying sims since FS3 on the Commodore 64, and time and time again, the more they tweak a sim engine to bring it up and stretch the life, the more underlaying issues come up due to the limitations of the dated engine.

I love the series and will buy anything 1C puts out, I have nothing but respect for the efforts and support of 1C. I'm loving PF, 3.03 is interesting to say the least, just the time is ready for the more advanced engine, and the future, regardless the area of Ops.

I understand where BH is coming from, I get there, been there, but until something better comes along, this is the one to fly. Not ready to turn my CD's into coasters yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

rummyrum
01-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Oleg, your d@mned if you do and d@mned if you dont.

Be careful in wishing they just leave it alone, because they could and you would be stuck with no advancements.

BLACK_HART
01-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Thats just it Rummy Advancements are fine but I don't see that they advanced any thing in this 3.03m they tweak one thing in the flight model and it affected all models. No warning prior to it being done or what they were working on doing. Well none that I read about and if there is a spot for it pls someone enlighten me to the web address and from now on I will pay more closer attention to it.

It would be a complete different story if we were or I was aware of the advancements and what type of advancements being made and thats my real deal about 3.03m. I paid hard earned money and my time to fly it.

I would like to know exactly whats going on and if it's a big thing then I feel the community should have a chance to vote or have a oppinion with out demise or being made felt like garbage if it is a legitimit post about it.

Some people like it some don't. As for being historical in the flight Modeling ..... There is no way possable for it to be historicaly accurate. I say get it close fix the bugz and move on with the project.

As for B.O.B. is concerned .. if I feel this sim hasn't been delt with properly why would I want to blow 50 bucks or close to and go through the same ordeal?

BH

VW-IceFire
01-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I think we're having some placebo affect here. Some things are different from patch to patch...but not as much as people say they are. Its just hightened awareness because you're looking for or expecting something to have changed.

Climbs are a bit lazier...however, it seems to have made several planes more accurate in their climb than before...seemingly so. Acceleration was always a bit overdone on some planes giving the ones that actually had advantage none at all. But I haven't had to adjust my aim, I haven't had to change my settings in any meaningful way, things are pretty much the same as usual.

BLACK_HART
01-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Actually Ice I thank you for that feed back.

I fly the same plane set all the time if allowed and I am use to the handleing of those planes to my style of flying .... when the plane I choose does not handle the same as usual I normally test them out. you just have a feel for it .... normally I don't look for anything at all when a patch comes out but this one was way obvious to me. I am trying to reason with it and deal with it but I just can't seem to let myself.

I really can't believe that the spit 8 has lost it's abilities to climb and dive .... I thought it was really close to what I have read but oh well nothing I can do about it right?

fordfan25
01-01-2005, 11:40 PM
why do you say that? how have we been caterd to in a way other than that of wich other nations like germany, ussr and japan have been.

DHC2Pilot
01-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Gotta stick my 2 cents worth in here.....
First of all, Oleg and team have listened to us throughout the development of IL-2, which is something that NO other developer can claim. Our input, positive and negative, has brought about changes in this game that not everyone will like. Some changes have brought aspects of the game closer to reality, however, in doing so, it has also thrown a few things out of whack. What we have to remember is that this is a piece of software governed by thousands of calculations per second. It's not governed by real physics. Gravity and thrust have absolutely no effect on the code that is running through the PC. Every calculation is dependant on a host of other calculations. Should one be off just a little bit, by the time all the calculations have been made the end result can be off quite a bit. We all have to understand that Oleg and team cannot possibly make this game perfect to the degree that everyone will say "yeah, that's how it should be". For one thing, few if any of us have any experience flying the real aircraft to make an educated comparison. We can look up numbers in a reference book and say "Hey, that plane should go this fast, but it doesn't". I'll be the first to tell you don't believe what you read. For instance, my father flew the RF-51 in Korea (P-51D fitted with recon cameras). He had 550 hours of combat and recon experience in it. All the reference books will tell you the P-51's maximum speed is 437 MPH. He said flat out "Not straight and level it's not...you'd have to be in a shallow dive to attain that speed, or flying at 25,000 feet in perfect conditions." I'll believe someone who's been there, not a book publisher.
The fact is the published data found in books is reference data at best. It has no bearing on real world outcomes due to the fact that there are so many contributing factors such as barometric pressure, humidity, dew point, ambient temperature, altitude, etc. etc. I don't understand how so many of us can come into the forums and complain about this and that when they don't know what they're talking about. Go spend 50 thousand dollars, get a couple hundred hours in your choice of ride, then come back and make your case.
Oleg and team has done the best with what they have to work with. They've poured their heart into this project and given us everything they can to make this the best game it can be. I guarantee if they were to come out with another 50 patches for PF it still wouldn't be perfect. Not even after 200 patches.
Let's enjoy what we have and work together to make it better. Quit griping and nit picking about discrepancies. Don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of it too. But I can accept what I have and work around the issues, or I can throw my hands up in the air and quit flying altogether. I choose to adapt and overcome.

Good flying everyone, thanks for listening.

woofiedog
01-02-2005, 12:15 AM
DHC2Pilot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DHC2Pilot
01-02-2005, 01:52 AM
Correction for the "reality" nuts - a couple hundred hours in a 51 would cost closer to $175,000 (U.S.) in today's money. Thought I'd make that distinction before I got ripped. =)

- "The odds of surviving a landing are inversely proportional to the angle of arrival. High angle of arrival, low probability of survival, and vice versa."

WOLFMondo
01-02-2005, 01:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JUANT2:
Well, I am blessed to fly with a WWII P-47 & P-51 pilot every night. The main thing that botheres him is the black-outs and the flat spins. He flew several fighters over Europe, and says that the fighters did not flat spin and black-outs were almost unheard of. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That might be his experiance but other pilot accounts mention blacking out and flat spins. Pierre Closterman writes in the Big Show he blacks out a number of times after very high speed dives.

|CoB|_Spectre
01-02-2005, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JUANT2:
Well, I am blessed to fly with a WWII P-47 & P-51 pilot every night. The main thing that botheres him is the black-outs and the flat spins. He flew several fighters over Europe, and says that the fighters did not flat spin and black-outs were almost unheard of. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That might be his experiance but other pilot accounts mention blacking out and flat spins. Pierre Closterman writes in the Big Show he blacks out a number of times after very high speed dives. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While flatspins and G-induced blackouts were certainly possible and mentioned by other pilot/writers, I think the point to consider is "how common was it?". No doubt the airframes were capable of sustaining stresses consistent with G-LOC (G-induced loss of consciousness), but G-LOC can be brought-on not only by the ultimate G load, but also by rapid onset. Modern jets fighters can quickly go from 1G to 9G's and the effect on the pilot is akin to hitting a brick wall whereas a steady mounting G-force gives them time to perform the straining maneuver along with G-suit inflation. G-suits only provide an additional 1 to 1.5 G-handling capability to the pilot over what they could normally handle unassisted. This may seem small, but it could well mean the difference between making, or evading, a shot. As a note, the US Navy's Blue Angels fly without G-suits and the two solos perform 8G turns in some of their opposing maneuvers. The low seating/high heel line position of the Bf-109 series afforded good G-handling for the pilot. Physical conditioning of the pilot has an enormous impact on G-handling and any aerobatic pilot will tell you that it's something that has to be developed and maintained. It's not like riding a bicycle. One aspect of the IL-2 series that has always been bothersome to me is the disparity between G-effects on the human pilot versus the AI. I'm sure we've all seen AI pull maneuvers that far away exceed our own rates, yet the AI plane suffers no loss of performance while we blackout for extended periods and become strafe targets. Like the AI's ability to track and shoot in a cloud, I hope solutions will be adopted to deal with these inequities. It has been so done in other sims and would certainly benefit the players of this one. Flat spins are another matter and have a great deal to do with CG. The P-39, with its mid-engine, was notoriously susceptible. The P-51 with a full fuselage tank had squirrely handling, particularly if the pilot did not burn out of the fuselage tank first. Again, this is a CG issue, but I have not seen any large body of historical evidence that supports the prevalence of flatspins such as we see in these later versions of FB+AEP+PF.

HelSqnProtos
01-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Quote from wolfiedog

Please! I like Canadians tooo! But I Don't Drink Their Beer... Because it's to much like them... it S--K's!
-------------------------------------------------------

Americans are just like your beer too Wolfie --- Your weak and leave a bad aftertaste. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dunkelgrun
01-03-2005, 12:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
And someday... if I really really wish for it... Oleg will realize BoB will be a flop and start working on a MTO sim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Personally, I hope that BoB is a riproaring success so that Oleg can afford to do the Med. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cheers!

John_Stag
01-03-2005, 01:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
And someday... if I really really wish for it... Oleg will realize BoB will be a flop and start working on a MTO sim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Personally, I hope that BoB is a riproaring success so that Oleg can _afford_ to do the Med. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cheers! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll buy it; twice, if necessary.

Black_Hart; do you use complex engine management? if not, turn it on.

HelSqnProtos
01-03-2005, 02:08 AM
You have serious trolling issues woofie. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

clint-ruin
01-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Oleg on the blackout feature:

(Q): After my personal experiences the blackouts in IL-2 last too long. Also in real life my vision starts to fade in the center, not the sides?
(A): Different people have diiferent feel before/at socalled balckout. Fo example I have not any discomfort before 6G in a short time, but when I have experiemced it in continues I have problem with visibility, but no balckouts. Say I simply can't concentrate the atention on any detail.
I spoke to many pilots of VVS and sport plane pilots. All of them have different description of that effect. So I ordered one pilot instructor to fly 10 people with high G and then I asked all of them about their feels. This result is modeled in IL-2. Some middle calculation.
Link: 08/26/02 12:40PM

Fehler
01-03-2005, 06:56 AM

Do you fully understand why?

It is because your virtual pilot can pull harder on the stick than you could in real life. In real life, you could not yank a stick back in a 800 KPH dive because of the forces working against the controls.

But here in the virtual world, this can be done at ease, and wa-la... you are pulling blackouts.

In my mind, there is no doubt that Oleg has modeled these aircraft accurately. But it is the AIRCRAFT that are accurate, not how a human could really fly them.

That's one of the main reasons I wish there were pilot fatigue to compensate for all the mad-crazy maneuvers we see on in these aircraft. The weaker you got from pulling high G's, the less you could pull; until you regained your strength.

But I doubt this will/can occur in FB/AEP/PF. Perhaps in BoB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DHC2Pilot
01-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Good point Fehler! It all gets back to my point that real world physics do not apply in this game, or any other for that matter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RACFrankenstein
01-03-2005, 02:44 PM
woofiedog: Your insults to Canada and Canadians aren't appreciated. Even if they were meant in jest, I find them insulting and respectfully ask you to cease.

MuerteColorado
01-03-2005, 02:55 PM
WOW blackharts wife on the forums discussing flight model pros and cons of F.B. !!!

this has got to be a IL2 FIRST.

i wish i could get my girlfriend interested in this. mainly to get a second better puter.........COUGH.

and to get her off my case too.

MuerteColorado
01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
frankenstein if a cartoon pic upsets you then you need to stop going online. waaaaay overboard

RACFrankenstein
01-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Would you tolerate an insult to your country? If the comments had been directed at the USA, how many posts would have been made slapping the individual down? The cartoon isn't that bad (I've seen it a hundred times before, even have the song on CD...) it's the general disrespect of my country that I'm bothered with.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woofiedog:

Please! I like Canadians tooo! But I Don't Drink Their Beer... Because it's to much like them... it S--K's! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS is the comment that got me, not the comic. People have been banned for using the J** word to describe the IJN in this forum. If that's not tolerated, why should you expect this to be? I didn't ask that he be banned or the topic locked (it's a valid topic in my opinion) I simply and politely asked that the insults to Canada stop, is that so bad?

HelSqnProtos
01-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Well... You know that bad aftertaste we leave afterwards...

No I acutally I dont' but your mother and your sister told me all about it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

woofiedog
01-03-2005, 04:17 PM
RACFrankenstien... quote: I simply and politely asked that the insults to Canada stop, is that so bad?

It seem that Trashing the State's is OK though in your opinion. As long as it is the Uninted State's it's no Problem. No harm done!
You can leave your Horse some were else.

woofiedog
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif HelSqnProtos... My throat is getting Dry!
The first one is on me!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/TV_mabel.jpg

RACFrankenstein
01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I NEVER trashed the states, I challenge you to find a single example of me doing so. I have nothing against the USA or any other country. I simply responded to YOUR DIRECT insult to my country. If somebody insulted your country, feel free to demand an appology, its your right. It's not up to me to defend the USA; if the original statement that prompeted all this cr*p was that inflamitory, I'm sure there are many other people here who would have taken up the fight.

I think both of you have gone too far. HelSqnProntos was responding in kind to an insult you made to us (Canada). His original statement was in no way rude, insulting or over the top. Your response was. He should have left well enough alone, but that still does not excuse your attacks on my country.

I unfortunately chose to respond in the open forum when I couldn't get through to the moderator with a PT. If you have anything else to say to me, feel free to PT me. I don't want to see this topic locked or anyone banned as a result of all this.

I've said all I'm going to in open forum. I still feel that there should be an appology to Canadians though.

Slammin_
01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
You people are nuts!

Man, three days ago I reinstalled FreeSpace2 and installed all the files from the SCP (Source Code Project)and also The Babylon Project stuff and gents, let me tell ya, if you were EVER a fan of FreeSpace2, you will be in for one very sweet suprise!

Talk about a blast from the past, even though it's based in the future, really was a nice weekend!

I think the flight model of some of the Vasudan ships are overmodelled, but I am Uber!

|CoB|_Spectre
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
I assume the moderators are on holiday. This thread has been hijacked beyond all recognition.

AFIEE
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
I sinceraly doubt that my husband meant for this post to end up insulting any country. Which is truly off subject. Please refrain from posting further insults in this post. Thank you.

This is not an issuse about any country but of the patches, blackouts and stalls in the PF game. If there is confusion on this please refer to the first post.

There are more blackouts, stalls, and a lot of patches in the game. In my opinion.

Yeah BLACKHART fly with complex engine on.
He is a wonderful pilot that can hold his own in a game.
(Which BTW makes me sick cause he makes it look so easy. Which it is surely not!)

There will never be a one patch to fix it all. IMO! I don't know what changes need to be made to certain planes because I am by far no expert. But I hope that the game will improve. And one can only wish everyone would be happy!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cwojackson
01-04-2005, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
I assume the moderators are on holiday. This thread has been hijacked beyond all recognition. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They'll be back to fix the problems in two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks...

MuerteColorado
01-04-2005, 08:53 PM
first that frankenstein dude is giving a certain country a bad name. and hes generally being totally antagonistic and inflammatory about a meaningless post. seemingly just to work everyone up and try to get people banned. in my view at least. our squad has 3 canadians in it and let me tell you they care less about that joke. theyve all read this thread and have less than positive things to say about this guy.

second i know BLACKHART and he is one of the top pilots online. he is no mark by any means.

RACFrankenstein
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
MuerteColorado: PT me if you have anything further to say about my post. I will not respond in open forum as far as the insult is concerned. I consider the matter closed. Let the matter drop, I have.

dannyworkman
01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I um like molsons ale http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif alot.I am a yank
(actually a REB)and Canada has always been a good neighbor I always remember how you guys helped rescue some hostages from Iran. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
The only patch I cared for, I can't use any more and that was the new exe.seemed to have better frame rates.

By the way ought to try some Bear Wiz beer,
"its in the water ya know,thats why it's yellow

AFIEE
01-05-2005, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MuerteColorado:
first that frankenstein dude is giving a certain country a bad name. and hes generally being totally antagonistic and inflammatory about a meaningless post. seemingly just to work everyone up and try to get people banned. in my view at least. our squad has 3 canadians in it and let me tell you they care less about that joke. theyve all read this thread and have less than positive things to say about this guy.

second i know BLACKHART and he is one of the top pilots online. he is no mark by any means. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least we agree on something! Blacky is a top pilot!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif