PDA

View Full Version : How to Avoid Being Obvious

Yonmaja
02-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone,

I am a level 50 Grandmaster, with about 24 hours of MP under my belt; I've noticed that when I started I had no idea who to tell was after me, but as time went on I was able to pick out my pursuers more and more clearly, and at this point I can pick out a pursuer from across the square in Sienna with pretty good reliability. So here are my little tidbits of advice, and things I have noticed about NPC behaviour (please tell me if I am wrong). I hope you find them useful!

I'm going to start with the over-arching trope here: Not running does not equal impossible to detect.

This is a large mistake that happens quite often. Not holding RT or the PS3 equivalent does not make you Sam Fisher under the invisibility cloak. There are many things that NPCs won't do, or usually won't do, and that makes you stand out of the crowd.

1. NPCs do not walk straight towards you.

Of course, this is fairly loose; as NPCs could just be walking along their path and it just so happens that it leads directly to you. However, an NPC turns eventually. An obvious pursuer does not. If you know who your target is, and you're trying to catch them, do not walk straight towards them. Since it's more than likely they hear the whispers and know someone is coming, making a beeline right at them is a dead giveaway as to who you are.

2. NPCs do not walk through groups.

This one is pretty obvious. If your target is across the street from you, and you cut through a blend group (especially with Blender equipped) you'll end up with a mouthful of fist.

3, NPCs do not walk against traffic, alone.

If your target is down the street, and you decide to walk past 5 blend groups all going in the opposite direction, and you're the only one walking the other direction, you're pretty obvious. This may or may not be 100% true, but from my experience that Smuggler walking past the block party is a Templar.

4. If your target is nearby, don't walk alone.
Of course, in Wanted, your target has no idea who you are, so you might get away with being with some NPCs who aren't your character. But if you and your target are both on the ground floor of Castel Gondolfo, and you saunter through the front door all alone, the whispers will let your target know it's you and you'll be nursing your jaw before you can say "But I killed you!"

5. With a few exceptions, NPCs do not walk through chase breakers.

One of the worst things you can do as a pursuer is walk slowly out of a chase breaker in an attempt to cut someone off. They'll realize that those whispers are coming from you faster than you can pick them out of their blend group.

6. A red dot appears above your head before you trigger a chase, and even if you stop running, that dot will still have been there.

If that running Doctor has a red dot above his head, he is a pursuer. If you are that Doctor, your target knows you're after them, and stopping running won't make them forget all about you. If you don't already know who they are, then I hope you have dental insurance.

7. NPCs don't stop.

Don't stop moving, unless you enter a stationary blend group, haystack or bench.

8. NPCs don't walk around in circles.

As far as I know, NPCs walk along a set path. If you're trying to figure out who your target is by "screening", and you walk around a little truck on the road in San Donato, your target will probably be able to tell what you're doing.

9. Just because you can't see your target, doesn't mean your target can't see you.

If your compass is dim, that's not necessarily "free run engage!" time. They could easily be hiding behind a wall or standing behind a pillar watching you run around the corner like an idiot and you'll run right into a fist.

So thatís all I have, hopefully you learned something; and if you didnít, you can have the satisfaction of knowing youíre smarter than me.

- Warped2

[EDIT] DeanOMiite pointed out that, when you lock onto your target, you don't have to be looking directly at them to assassinate. When this comes in handy is when you want to seem unassuming, so you walk past them to give them a false sense of security.

WyndsofWar also brought up a good point. Tapping RT or the PS3 button for a second won't break incognito, so you can run in the last few steps to your target.

This is from Gulliev:
I did test on this some today. I didn't spend tons of time on it, it is hard to look at 2 screens at once and make a perfect observation.

As for the running up to a corner and slowing to a walk, as long as you don't hit their line of sight before you release the high profile button, you won't get the arrow.

When in line of sight, as I think most people already know, you can hold down high profile for less than a second while moving and not get the arrow. Basically if you don't lose ingocnito you get no arrow.

If you are in line of sight and it hits the silent mark you will get the arrow. If you let go and let the stealth meter build back to full, you will get to be in high profile until it drops to silent once again and get no arrow(about half a second?). Once it hits the silent spot you get red arrow. If you are in discreet you get the arrow as soon as you hit high profile button.

If you are incognito and standing next to your target but not moving at all you can hold down high profile for the whole match and not get an arrow. You must be moving.

It all pretty much seems to coincide with the stealth meter as expected. The lower your stealth meter goes, the less time you are allowed to hold the high profile button before you get an arrow.

GrimMerros
02-15-2011, 10:00 PM
All around good pointers. To you *Downs glass*

fenhin_seiryuu
02-15-2011, 10:10 PM
9 is just so right on the spot. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

STYJ
02-16-2011, 03:13 AM
6. A red dot appears above your head before you trigger a chase, and even if you stop running, that dot will still have been there.

If that running Doctor has a red dot above his head, he is a pursuer. If you are that Doctor, your target knows you're after them, and stopping running won't make them forget all about you. If you don't already know who they are, then I hope you have dental insurance.

I have a question regarding this . Say I was running towards my target but I stop before exposing myself / coming out into the open , can he still see the red arrow above my head ? Can someone help me to confirm this ?

Why is it that sometimes when my pursuer runs infront of me , I don't see the red triangle ? Is it because of the silent hunt(er) perk ?

Must I be in discrete before the red triangle will show ? Or will it show even if you just dropped from incognito to silent ?

Gulliev
02-16-2011, 03:20 AM
I will test it out when I get up today. Got to go home and go to bed! Work lasts too long!

STYJ
02-16-2011, 03:25 AM
I'm assuming you're talking to me so thanks ! (:

SmileyRK21
02-16-2011, 03:41 AM
I'd just like to add in 2 about fast walking,
if you're right behind your target and fast walking closer it is insanely obvious!!! I actually never realised how obvious it is until I got a good look at a few pursuers behind me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
so if you're really close you're better off normal walking,
Hats off to ya man, you're on the ball and I've learned some tips 2, especially the chase breakers, I do it ALL the time.

SmileyRK21
02-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by STYJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6. A red dot appears above your head before you trigger a chase, and even if you stop running, that dot will still have been there.

I have a question regarding this . Say I was running towards my target but I stop before exposing myself / coming out into the open , can he still see the red arrow above my head ? Can someone help me to confirm this ?

Why is it that sometimes when my pursuer runs infront of me , I don't see the red triangle ? Is it because of the silent hunt(er) perk ?

Must I be in discrete before the red triangle will show ? Or will it show even if you just dropped from incognito to silent ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm almost certain when you stop using higher profile it disappears, I caught many a pursuer red handed (pardon the slight pun) with this. They run and get close so u have the red dot and then ya see the kinda motion for slowing down outta a run into a walk, (kinda hard to explain, am the movement from when you transition from high profile running to just walking normally) and the dot will disappear almost instantaneously.

I think what the op means is, no matter if the dot disappears, if you see your pursuer while they are running, it won't make a difference if the dot disappears or not, you are clearly able to identify them in a crowd by keeping your eye on them

Gulliev
02-16-2011, 03:54 AM
I do know from fooling with it a little yesterday that once you have the red arrow it will go away, but if you hit the trigger at all even just standing still the arrow will come back. I didn't bother to see when the arrow actually appeared though. I'm going to see if dropping to silent triggers it or discreet or if you just have to have it held for a certain amount of time to trigger it or what.

I like to fast walk behind people when I've already given up on winning just to see how long they wait to stun me. Sometimes I fast walk behind them for a good 20 seconds before they get me. I don't attempt to kill them while I'm doing it.

I do all kinds of odd things in this game to amuse myself when I'm not really in it to win it. I hump walls and swing back and forth on rails, I just hang from rails sometimes, or I change the direction I'm facing over and over. So many weird things just to see how people react. I see my pursuers get killed on a regular basis when I'm just hanging there with my feet a few inches off the ground. They just stop to look at me wondering why I'm not moving and stand there for a few seconds and BAM they get stabbed.

You would be amazed at how many lures you get when you are just hanging there too. I have people kill npcs just a few paces from me while hanging there. Once they get the missed target sign over my head I always imagine them slapping themselves.

STYJ
02-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Is my question a little vague ? If it is , tell me and i'll try to give a better explanation .

Yes I know that the red dot will eventually go away but you've already noticed your pursuer so it makes no difference but that isn't what I'm asking .

Gulliev
02-16-2011, 04:21 AM
I didn't find it vague. I will try my best to see when it actually triggers. My testing isn't the most scientific in the world, but I will try to see if dropping to silent triggers it, or if you have to get down to discreet.

SmileyRK21
02-16-2011, 04:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">6. A red dot appears above your head before you trigger a chase, and even if you stop running, that dot will still have been there.

Must I be in discrete before the red triangle will show ? Or will it show even if you just dropped from incognito to silent ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK
1: If you were running and the indicator was not bright, thery will not be able to see you so no arrow, however if you come into the open, the indicator goes bright, meaning your target can see you, yes the arrow will appear. If you start walking before the compass brightens, that means you are walking before it is possible for the target is able to see you and no arrow will appear.

2: This could be because of lag, or the fact that sometimes people walk and hit high profile to run at the last step which doesn't give the arrow a chance to appear. Also, you could be mixing up a sprinting templar with your pursuer, I find many come out together and they're all running so I mistake a running one for my pursuer when in fact it's the fella blatantly fast walking towards me.

3: It does not matter where your detection meter is, if your compass is bright (meaning it's possible for your target to see you) the minute you hit high profile to jog or sprint, that red arrow is appearing, I find it annoying aswell that you get high profile while falling from the top of buildings and an arrow appears even though you can't exactly control the rate at which you fall from the building.

Hope I answered the questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

STYJ
02-16-2011, 04:31 AM
@Gulliev

Alright , I thought i was a bit vague initially that's why you replied with another answer .

@Smiley, Thanks for the help but I think you've got a few things wrong .

1) When the indicator isn't bright , your target isn't in your line of sight but it doesn't mean he cannot see you e.g. he could be hiding behind something but because of the position of his camera , he can see you . In cases like this , would a red arrow appear ?

2) No , when I mean run , I mean like dropping off a roof then running around trying to look for me . Yeah , sometimes it may be another player / not my pursuer but if I remembered correctly , he killed me once because no red arrows appeared on his head when he was in my LoS so I assumed he wasn't my pursuer .

3) Like the first point , the compass only glows when your pursuer is in your LoS . This can also explain how to abuse the LoS to screen for your target in a group . think about it .

But at the point you said about regardless of your position in the detection meter , as long as you start doing a high profile action , does the red triangle immediately appear ? Because I can easily continue running (by tapping on it continuously) without dropping to silent .

whitehawk1997
02-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Thanx bro you really helped me out here. I'm quite obvious sometimes but I always respect my enemies' kills. I just find it so cool how my pursuer's use strategy to get me.

SmileyRK21
02-16-2011, 05:17 AM
@Gulliev

Alright , I thought i was a bit vague initially that's why you replied with another answer .

@Smiley, Thanks for the help but I think you've got a few things wrong .

1) When the indicator isn't bright , your target isn't in your line of sight but it doesn't mean he cannot see you e.g. he could be hiding behind something but because of the position of his camera , he can see you . In cases like this , would a red arrow appear ?

2) No , when I mean run , I mean like dropping off a roof then running around trying to look for me . Yeah , sometimes it may be another player / not my pursuer but if I remembered correctly , he killed me once because no red arrows appeared on his head when he was in my LoS so I assumed he wasn't my pursuer .

3) Like the first point , the compass only glows when your pursuer is in your LoS . This can also explain how to abuse the LoS to screen for your target in a group . think about it .

But at the point you said about regardless of your position in the detection meter , as long as you start doing a high profile action , does the red triangle immediately appear ? Because I can easily continue running (by tapping on it continuously) without dropping to silent .

1: yes I do believe as long as he can see you an arrow appears, you could prob take it that whether your target is around or not, a high profile action leads to a red arrow but no other player sees it, only your target

2: Prob lag is to blame for this scenario, many unexplainable things happen like this when faulty internet connections are around

3: Again, I think your detection meter has nothing to do with the red arrow, just the fact that a high profile action is initiated (using your point that when bright it means that the target is in MY LOS) the detection meter only drops when when it is bright, yet they can see you with an arrow even if the compass isn't bright.

Good point with the continuously tapping high profile, that could be a way around blatantly holding the high profile button. I guess the only way of knowing is to test it out with a friend. definitely post results if you do try this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Haha good thing bouncing ideas and opinions off each other, I'm learing more!! thanks man

DeanOMiite
02-16-2011, 05:45 AM
I love the tidbit about the chasebreakers. I figured this out a long time ago and have used it to my advantage on many occassions.

I also wanted to throw something in here that goes along the lines of not walking straight at your pursuer. A lot of times if you've picked out which character is your target standing in a blend group and you've got to walk up to that blend group to get your kill...make sure you use the lock system. Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range and not even have to be looking at your target. A lot of players hiding in blend groups are waiting for anybody to approach them so they can drop a smoke and stun them. I've gotten the best of many of them just by locking them and walking a little bit past them or away from them or whatever and just hitting X and killing from a "distance" so the speak.

Yonmaja
02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
I love the tidbit about the chasebreakers. I figured this out a long time ago and have used it to my advantage on many occassions.

I also wanted to throw something in here that goes along the lines of not walking straight at your pursuer. A lot of times if you've picked out which character is your target standing in a blend group and you've got to walk up to that blend group to get your kill...make sure you use the lock system. Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range and not even have to be looking at your target. A lot of players hiding in blend groups are waiting for anybody to approach them so they can drop a smoke and stun them. I've gotten the best of many of them just by locking them and walking a little bit past them or away from them or whatever and just hitting X and killing from a "distance" so the speak.

Are you positive this is true? I'll add it in if it is.

DeanOMiite
02-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Yonmaja:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

I also wanted to throw something in here that goes along the lines of not walking straight at your pursuer. A lot of times if you've picked out which character is your target standing in a blend group and you've got to walk up to that blend group to get your kill...make sure you use the lock system. Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range and not even have to be looking at your target. A lot of players hiding in blend groups are waiting for anybody to approach them so they can drop a smoke and stun them. I've gotten the best of many of them just by locking them and walking a little bit past them or away from them or whatever and just hitting X and killing from a "distance" so the speak.

Are you positive this is true? I'll add it in if it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...I guess technically it isn't true but what I meant was that...if you don't have a lock on somebody and you're at the maximum kill range, there are probably a few people between yourself and your target, meaning that if you hit X you're almost certainly going to kill an NPC instead of your target. So by using a lock you can attack from range with more confidence and, more importantly if you do it correctly, while walking in another direction.

So I guess it's more accurate to say that using lock provides the ILLUSION of killing from a greater range.

EDIT: not only adds the illusion but also the CONFIDENCE to do from range. Also important. Very frustrating to identify a target only to have the game think you're trying to kill someone else.

Just Krispy
02-16-2011, 07:14 AM
This is a great post but I have a hard time not being obvious when I am pursuing a target in Wanted..the game is a race to get points in a short time and if I sauntered to all of my targets in moving blend groups, I would get only 1 or kills per game. Yes I understand the stealthy thing and trying not be obvious but its just not possible..your target is coming toward you and the closest blend group is moving in the opposite direction, I will take my chances and walk toward my target trying to be as unobvious as possible.

DeanOMiite
02-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
This is a great post but I have a hard time not being obvious when I am pursuing a target in Wanted..the game is a race to get points in a short time and if I sauntered to all of my targets in moving blend groups, I would get only 1 or kills per game. Yes I understand the stealthy thing and trying not be obvious but its just not possible..your target is coming toward you and the closest blend group is moving in the opposite direction, I will take my chances and walk toward my target trying to be as unobvious as possible.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Recently, as i've accepted the importance of getting greater variety every game, I've taken to climbing walls right in view of my target, just so I can get aerial/acrobatic. Certainly NOT stealthy. But when appropriate, I think these are great tips.

WyndsofWar82
02-16-2011, 07:39 AM
A couple things I've done that may help. Yes, walking directly towards ur target gives you away. But what I tend to do is when I see my target coming towards me, I stay away from a direct line. Ill even let them walk right beside me a couple feet away, making me look unassuming. I then turn quickly and mash the assassinate button and catch my target unawarres. If there's a corner near where my target and I will meet up for kill range, ill make my persona walk towards that coner and make it look like I was heading there instead of my target, catching them off guard.

Also, I've noticed that you can take a couple steps in high profile (RT for XBOX, not sure bout PS3) towards your target and not break incognito. I've tested this countless times and it works. Not sure if its lag, but you have a maximum of 2 steps before you go into silent. This helps surprise your target and allows you to get past a smoke/stun attempt. If you take a couple quick steps towards your target and hit the kill button, its enough to surpirse ur target. Even if they do drop the smoke, 9 times out of 10 ull sprint right through it and get the kill.

Just my 2 cents

MonsterJunkese
02-16-2011, 07:58 AM
How not to be obviouse is to run striaght at ur persurer untill ur on discreet kill then slowly walk up to him if he throws smoke just run into it

Steelbadger
02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Really I'd say the only way to avoid being obvious reliably is to join moving blend groups for the target approach, or do some mind reading and join a static and hope they come to you (actually quite common if you have 2-3 pursuers and/or choose a high traffic location).

Any wandering around on your own is likely to give you away. Cornering wrong, walking a different path to native NPCs, camera wobble as you lock on to your target and the way you interact with NPCs in your path will all give you away to a skilled observer. The only way to avoid that is to actually become an NPC by joining a group and letting the NPC ai control your movements.

Besides that you can try reverse psychology, try doing some of the things that NPCs do that seem strange and pointless that we filter out:

1) Walk very slowly for a short time.
2) Pause briefly when changing direction sharply or joining a group
3) Do a tight circle occasionally
4) Flick forwards and backwards, causing your character to turn on the spot, a few times, looks like you got stuck.

It all seems like you're making yourself obvious, but NPCs do these things all the time and we generally file these as 'glitchy NPC' behaviour and remove them from the list of possible threats.

Starsfan1009
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
In regard to walking through chase breakers (such as Castle Gondolfo and even Florence), I've seen a few groups on a rare occasion walk through the chase breakers. It doesn't happen very often at all...maybe it's just a glitch. But you're right in that single NPCs (at the very least) do not walk through chase breakers at all. They always go around.

Good tips btw...it's surprising how many people ignore all the different points you made even though their level would indicate some sort of skill lol.

obliviondoll
02-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Steelbadger:
Besides that you can try reverse psychology, try doing some of the things that NPCs do that seem strange and pointless that we filter out:

4) Flick forwards and backwards, causing your character to turn on the spot, a few times, looks like you got stuck.

It all seems like you're making yourself obvious, but NPCs do these things all the time and we generally file these as 'glitchy NPC' behaviour and remove them from the list of possible threats.
You forgot to mention one I do a lot.

Sit on a bench.

Stand up.

Sit down.

MonsterJunkese
02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
i find persurers very easily if they r on the ground not bieng batman

If whispers are kinda loud and there is someone walking at ur direction just use ur smoke bomb and stun the awful bastard

loomer979
02-16-2011, 10:12 AM
One of the things I see the most is people who run around the map and stop right before they turn the corner into your LOS. But the running animation takes a second or two to "wind down" so to speak and so even though they're not technically running anymore it's very obvious that the person just came out of a run. So many people do this it's unbelievable.

DeanOMiite
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Steelbadger:
Really I'd say the only way to avoid being obvious reliably is to join moving blend groups for the target approach, or do some mind reading and join a static and hope they come to you (actually quite common if you have 2-3 pursuers and/or choose a high traffic location).

Any wandering around on your own is likely to give you away. Cornering wrong, walking a different path to native NPCs, camera wobble as you lock on to your target and the way you interact with NPCs in your path will all give you away to a skilled observer. The only way to avoid that is to actually become an NPC by joining a group and letting the NPC ai control your movements.

I've had success blending in empty groups that are near hay stacks. Take that haystack just outside the market in Rome (the one across from the Pantheon). We all know there's a blend group that stands near it but sometimes there isn't anybody there. I occasionally stand in that spot by myself knowing that players will say "No way will he just stand there by himself" and they jump into the haystack, absolutely certain that I'm there. It's a great way to identify who your pursuer is if for some reason you're having trouble identifying him/her.

This really only works against good players though. Bad players don't think like that and they'll just kill you because they see you and don't think to give themselves away by check the hay bale. They might even start a chase in the process haha

DEMON-12_21_2O12
02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
big tip right here: STOP RUNNING!

good post op

obliviondoll
02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
big tip right here: STOP RUNNING!

good post op
Yeah.

This goes hand in hand with the "Just because you're not running, doesn't mean you're invisible" part.

If you're running, don't expect people to be surprised by your approach.

El Zo1212o
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM

As far as I know, NPCs walk along a set path. If you're trying to figure out who your target is by "screening", and you walk around a little truck on the road in San Donato, your target will probably be able to tell what you're doing.

O shut up... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
(Damn you Squidiish... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif)

But seriously- all good points. What chasebreakers can you think of that NPCs do walk through?

nik1226
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
NPCS stop for a short time before going to a new destination. places like benches group of other NPC's standing etc.
even when they have to turn they stop.
:P

m4tt3198
02-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Good points by all. Thanks.

I would add that if you really want to improve your target/pursuer ID and stealth skills, play some Adv. Wanted matches. There are no red triangles, your compass is less accurate and it fills up when you're farther from your target, so you have to pay a little more attention to people's behaviour. I think there are more NPC's on each map as well. It really makes you think about what you're doing a little more. At least for me it did. When I first started playing Adv. Wanted I would get pounded mercilessly. Now I do a bit better, but I found that playing even a few matches of Adv. Wanted really taught me how to be more stealthy, and helped with target/pursuer ID.

For some reason it's really hard to find a game of Adv. Wanted now-a-days. I usually try Adv. Wanted when I first log in, but I give up after doing nothing for 5 min's. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Steelbadger
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ElZo1212o:

But seriously- all good points. What chasebreakers can you think of that NPCs do walk through?

San Donato; Church of Squiiddish
Forli; Church side doors

I'm trying to remember if they go through the ones near the Villa in Monteriggioni... I don't think they do...

MonsterJunkese
02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
they go through all except the normal shutting gates under buildings

afrolarry
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
really simple tip, walk on the right side of the street. NPCs walking a given direction will always drift to the right side of the street. a lone doctor walking on HIS left side of the street is a dead givaway

Yonmaja
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yonmaja:

But seriously- all good points. What chasebreakers can you think of that NPCs do walk through? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, was that you in Squidiish's video on San Donato?

The only chasebreakers that come to mind that NPCs walk through are the upstairs doors on Castel Gondolfo, and I think the vertical gate that leads to the square in San Donato.

adifazio27
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM
9 is the best. I love standing somewhere and watching some moron run across the map thinking I can't see them

El Zo1212o
02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElZo1212o:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yonmaja:

But seriously- all good points. What chasebreakers can you think of that NPCs do walk through? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, was that you in Squidiish's video on San Donato?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...no...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

FlailingAmigo
02-16-2011, 04:11 PM
They also walk through a coule of the gates in Siena. Not into the tents, but the other gates they do.

Gulliev
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I did test on this some today. I didn't spend tons of time on it, it is hard to look at 2 screens at once and make a perfect observation.

As for the running up to a corner and slowing to a walk, as long as you don't hit their line of sight before you release the high profile button, you won't get the arrow.

When in line of sight, as I think most people already know, you can hold down high profile for less than a second while moving and not get the arrow. Basically if you don't lose ingocnito you get no arrow.

If you are in line of sight and it hits the silent mark you will get the arrow. If you let go and let the stealth meter build back to full, you will get to be in high profile until it drops to silent once again and get no arrow(about half a second?). Once it hits the silent spot you get red arrow. If you are in discreet you get the arrow as soon as you hit high profile button.

If you are incognito and standing next to your target but not moving at all you can hold down high profile for the whole match and not get an arrow. You must be moving.

It all pretty much seems to coincide with the stealth meter as expected. The lower your stealth meter goes, the less time you are allowed to hold the high profile button before you get an arrow.

Yonmaja
02-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Gulliev:

Great info! I'm going to put this on the first post.

MatDolton
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:

I also wanted to throw something in here that goes along the lines of not walking straight at your pursuer. A lot of times if you've picked out which character is your target standing in a blend group and you've got to walk up to that blend group to get your kill...make sure you use the lock system. Not just for obvious reasons, but the lock makes it so that you can kill from a farther range and not even have to be looking at your target. A lot of players hiding in blend groups are waiting for anybody to approach them so they can drop a smoke and stun them. I've gotten the best of many of them just by locking them and walking a little bit past them or away from them or whatever and just hitting X and killing from a "distance" so the speak.

God I second this motion so badly it's not funny. The amount of times I have walked into a blend group, waited a few seconds, then gone to kill my target only at the last second to have someone move and I end up killing them. Learnt a while ago to lock on first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thanks mate... great thread

DEMON-12_21_2O12
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
i just played with a guy (wont name him for fear of him quitting the game for good)

but he was the courtesan, and everytime he would walk straight at me. so i just drop a STRONG smoke and stun him. first time he just goes:

"no way, i got you"

second time i corner cam'd him and did a naked stun. and get a reply over the mic of "you MOTHER ******, i swear to god i killed you!"

third time i used the ceiling beams and chandeliers in castel gondolfo to swing into the leaves, i hop out just as he turns the corner, smoke bomb and stun lol
this time i get:
"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE A CHEATING LAG SWITCH USING CHEAT!"

soooo about not i make it my goal to find him when he is my pursuer. because he always winds up with a red arrow on his head.

out in open area, i get him as a contract, i corner spot him with the compass in a morphed group, lock, arial kill off of the fountain in the middle of gostolfo LOL he raged soooo hard over the mic. he said things i wont even * out on here haha.

as soon as i do that the prowler shoots me. i spawn, and my whispers start, i hop in a group and use the blender perk. he comes around the corner, i used mute this time. stun him and he rages to the MAX. he wound up finishing 7th with i think 1700pts?

i came in second with 5750. fell short by 10pts(sadface) lol

we get back in the lobby and he calls everyone cheaters and Fa**

i just wanted to yell out "IN THE NAME OF SQUIIDDISH STOP RUNNING!!!!!"

danman031
02-16-2011, 11:27 PM
This thread is very helpful. I played a few games and was terrible. I got on youtube and looked at the top players' videos and it really helped.

I won my first wanted games earlier today, one of which I won with two kills and nine deaths. What the heck does this mean? I feel like with a ratio like that I should be in the bottom half.

Gulliev
02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
It just means everyone else was running in to kill you like there were only 3 seconds left in the match and they just needed 100 more points to win the game. I find higher point kills more satisfying than high number of kills. Welcome.

STYJ
02-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Gulliev:

thank you (:

obliviondoll
02-17-2011, 05:51 AM
I loled.

Would be better if you said "In the name of CAPTAIN AWESOME stop running!" though.

It's better when it's a little bit like iron.

BeCk41
02-17-2011, 05:59 AM
i just played with a guy (wont name him for fear of him quitting the game for good)

but he was the courtesan, and everytime he would walk straight at me. so i just drop a STRONG smoke and stun him. first time he just goes:

"no way, i got you"

second time i corner cam'd him and did a naked stun. and get a reply over the mic of "you MOTHER ******, i swear to god i killed you!"

third time i used the ceiling beams and chandeliers in castel gondolfo to swing into the leaves, i hop out just as he turns the corner, smoke bomb and stun lol
this time i get:
"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE A CHEATING LAG SWITCH USING CHEAT!"

soooo about not i make it my goal to find him when he is my pursuer. because he always winds up with a red arrow on his head.

out in open area, i get him as a contract, i corner spot him with the compass in a morphed group, lock, arial kill off of the fountain in the middle of gostolfo LOL he raged soooo hard over the mic. he said things i wont even * out on here haha.

as soon as i do that the prowler shoots me. i spawn, and my whispers start, i hop in a group and use the blender perk. he comes around the corner, i used mute this time. stun him and he rages to the MAX. he wound up finishing 7th with i think 1700pts?

we get back in the lobby and he calls everyone cheaters and Fa**

*Such a mean thing coming out of such a pretty character (courtesan), tsk, tsk. Who the heck focuses on a specific player, when they get killed? It's their own fault for not preventing their own demise in the first place!

*Also just for <span class="ev_code_RED">obliviondoll</span>- "In the name of Captain Awesome, STOP RUNNING!!!" I'll have to yell this out in my party, or game when I play next! : )

obliviondoll
02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
*Also just for <span class="ev_code_RED">obliviondoll</span>- "In the name of Captain Awesome, STOP RUNNING!!!" I'll have to yell this out in my party, or game when I play next! : )
WOO! *jumps around excitedly*

My PS3 MIGHT be fixed (am currently incapable of testing it, but might be able to later today). If it is, I'll be doing it too.

If not, then... possibly a slightly longer wait than I'd like.

BeCk41
02-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeCk41:
WOO! *jumps around excitedly*

My PS3 MIGHT be fixed (am currently incapable of testing it, but might be able to later today). If it is, I'll be doing it too.

If not, then... possibly a slightly longer wait than I'd like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Yell it out at the top of your lungs!!! ; )

obliviondoll
02-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Loud enough that they'd hear it without the mic?

BeCk41
02-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Loud enough that they'd hear it without the mic?

Why of course! Isn't that why god gave you your voice??? It's to yell that out to the world to hear on PS3!!! So get off this forum you forum dweller and do it already!!!

STYJ
02-17-2011, 06:26 AM

How can you get 10 points ? o.o unless you're in alliance .

RoboEssk
02-17-2011, 07:01 AM
As anyone who's ever played with me will testify, I'm not exactly qualified to give advice on stealth. But I do have a tip for non-obviousness on rooves. It's lame, but sometimes I pretend to be intently interested in a fake target below me. My real target (who is up on the roof as well) is lulled into a false sense of security and will surprisingly often come close enough for a quick stab.