PDA

View Full Version : Relevation more challenging than previous installment (ACB)?

Bamminator
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I got hook on to Assassin Creed with Brother Hood due to the easy combat and game play but revelations combat are on a whole different level! For instances I like how the ONE, I repeat 1!! one Janissary guard can fight on par with ME and countering them barely do any damage not to mention when certain mission require me to fight through a whole lots of them. I just started the game and once I got my assassin recruited, I always send them against those Janissary guard and it took them forever to kill those guys. Also, it seem that it is a lot more to sneak through and kill guards without getting notice. I used to be able to just shoot at the guard with my cross bow to not get detected back in ACB but the way ACR places guards in mission are a lot harder http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif to get through, there is always more than one guy standing guard so can't kill 2 or more guy at once without getting notice but kill 1 dude mean risking getting detected... Any tips guys?!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

lilshawty741
12-21-2011, 09:42 PM
I find it's easier to fight the janissaries with your sword than with any other weapon. When they step back to shoot I attack them until they stop trying to use the gun and then counter until they're dead. If there's more than two or three though all you can really do is call your recruits or run away.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 04:08 AM
If there's more than two or three though all you can really do is call your recruits or run away.

Bombs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But if you can step back far enough to get a shot in, use the fast poison darts. Unfortunately, I had trouble getting a shot in without one of them shooting me first.

ACR combat is more difficult in some ways, and not more difficult in others in my experience. I think it all depends on your gaming skills.

But I did find the missions to be alot of fun.
There seemed to be alot more choices this time in how to carry them out. I loved it.

lilshawty741
12-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If there's more than two or three though all you can really do is call your recruits or run away.

Bombs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

But if you can step back far enough to get a shot in, use the fast poison darts. Unfortunately, I had trouble getting a shot in without one of them shooting me first.

ACR combat is more difficult in some ways, and not more difficult in others in my experience. I think it all depends on your gaming skills.

But I did find the missions to be alot of fun.
There seemed to be alot more choices this time in how to carry them out. I loved it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting about the bombs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I never thought to use poison darts. I'm going to have to try that.

crash3
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Theres a video on Youtube of someone defeating all of the Janissaries in the Barracks where you kill the Janissary Captain-it IS possible to fight multiple Janissaries and personally I dont think they are that hard

lilshawty741
12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
Theres a video on Youtube of someone defeating all of the Janissaries in the Barracks where you kill the Janissary Captain-it IS possible to fight multiple Janissaries and personally I dont think they are that hard
Just out of curiosity how much armor do you wear? They're not that hard with the heavy armour but I just started using the no armor glitch and the difficulty definitely increased for me.

crash3
12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by lilshawty741:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
Just out of curiosity how much armor do you wear? They're not that hard with the heavy armour but I just started using the no armor glitch and the difficulty definitely increased for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally I just buy armour towards the end of the game, I enjoy challenging myself so I dont wear armour apart from that shoulder guard that you have to buy, to be honest the only thing that I take damage from is those annoying pistols that the Janissaries carry which I think dont add any challenge but instead disrupt the flow of combat which is annoying instead of challenging

lilshawty741
12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilshawty741:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
Just out of curiosity how much armor do you wear? They're not that hard with the heavy armour but I just started using the no armor glitch and the difficulty definitely increased for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally I just buy armour towards the end of the game, I enjoy challenging myself so I dont wear armour apart from that shoulder guard that you have to buy, to be honest the only thing that I take damage from is those annoying pistols that the Janissaries carry which I think dont add any challenge but instead disrupt the flow of combat which is annoying instead of challenging </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah pretty much the same for me. The guns are the only thing that give me any trouble and usually it's when two or three are trying to shoot me at the same time - which unfortunately happens to me fairly often.

crash3
12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by lilshawty741:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilshawty741:

Generally I just buy armour towards the end of the game, I enjoy challenging myself so I dont wear armour apart from that shoulder guard that you have to buy, to be honest the only thing that I take damage from is those annoying pistols that the Janissaries carry which I think dont add any challenge but instead disrupt the flow of combat which is annoying instead of challenging </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah pretty much the same for me. The guns are the only thing that give me any trouble and usually it's when two or three are trying to shoot me at the same time - which unfortunately happens to me fairly often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think also that guards need to be more aggressive I mean who thought of having a guard type that only attacks you once at a time and has no other abilities? Even newcomers to the AC games would be disappointed by that!

Janissaries shouldnt have a gun and should have been made more aggressive so there is a better balance between killstreak moves and counter moves

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
You can high profile assassinate Janissaries right as you get into open conflict with them. Also, you can counter steal them to leave them open for a kill chain-type attack; this does the same amount of damage as a counter attack and can be further chained to other guards/janissaries.

You can also do this without a counter-steal or a previous kill if you have a better weapon; I've spent a lot of time fighting virtual Janissaries, trying to figure out how to best take them out, but that's with the Yataghan sword. I found it so much easier with the Janissary k?l?.

Sukramo
12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
The only hard game was the first one because medicine completly trivializes every single fight in the game.

Janitjasaries are super easy, either send in your (insanely OP) Assasains or climp up a wall and do aerial kill, this works in combat to and I killed 10 of them with ease.

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Anyone's easy when you don't fight them yourself or surprise them. Try actually fighting them! It takes a while to learn how to take them out and it still takes a while to beat them, even when you've figured out how to fight them smoothly.