PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 2: THE FACTS and the GUESSINGS

sensationikke
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Hello all.

First of all, i want to explain why i made this topic and what i want it to become.

Why i made this thread
I made this topic more because of an answer on the VIDEO THREAD and FJUI's blog. What are we with all these videos. I don't think a lot of peep are interesting in watching all these vids to get up with what news there is of assassin's creed. I've seen that FJUI (could spell it a little wrong, sorry for that one) is pretty busy these days so her blog isn't updated the regulary anymore. So let's help her out.

what i hope to reach with it
Ok, let's list in this thread all the facts there are about assassin's creed. Not all the details, but everything can be posted. Guessings can be posted to. To ofcourse make it easy to know all the facts and discuss the guessings, i'll always update the opening post. If you post, plz write first or it is a fact or a guessing. xD Ofcourse, we also discuss them.

FACTS
- Release date confirmed: November 17th, 2009.
- Assassin's creed 2 will be in the Italian Renaissance
- Main character is Ezio
- Da vinci will be a friend of Ezio
- You don't start as an assassin, you become one because of an event that's happend to you.
- Ezio's father is dead
- Ezio can swim
- 2 hidden blades available
- hidden pistol available
- Florence, Venice, Tuscany and The Wet Lands are confirmed areas...
- more mission variety, about 15 types
- there will be an economy system
- around thirty weapons
- more gameplay with desmond
- Da Vinci's flying machine confirmed.
- other combat mechanics and new(advanced) AI types.
- Playing as Desmond in the Animus again.
- Notoriety system (similar to Hitman: Blood Money).
- More creative assassinations.
- Allies include mercenaries, thieves and prostitutes.
- Desmond will do more than just walking
- Lucy will return
- Cities in "the kingdom"
- no more "traveling between cities"
- faster climbing (like the jump upwards)
- Still be able to pickpocket for money (but it's changed, scroll down halfway this (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/) interview, where you see Ezio on the glider)
- New enemy types: examples: Militia, Elites (Brute, Parano, Agile) and leaders.
- Ezio will be able to customize his clothes by visiting tailors (halfway this movie) (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217477)
- Leonardo da Vinci is providing the upgrades of Ezio's weapons and such.
- can go inside buildings ( 10 paragraph (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218420) )
- Horses are back in the game, there will also be boats (in venice, see guessings).

GUESSINGS
- Multiplayer including?
- Rome one of the playable cities?
- will be able to control boats?
- game will be approx. 25 hours
- ezio will not sound american
- Since there are roadside doctors, there is a possibility of actual death?
- Steal a bow from an archer?
- da Vinci with the Assassins? Gives you the codex?
- Vidic descendant of Al Mualim?
- Hidden gun replaces throwing knifes?
- use of boats, only in venice?
QUESTIONS
- complete missions as desmond?
- stronger AI? (harder to beat?)
- Will we find out what happened to Altair and - why his decendants moved to Italy?
- Adha?(See the DS game)
- Desmond escapes from the Templars?
- Piece of Eden involved again?
- Except boats and horses, other ways to travel?

Now you guys, there are loads of things!

FifthGeneration
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Fact
Ezio's father is dead
Ezio can swim
2 hidden blades available
hidden pistol available
Assassin's creed two will be AWESOME!!

Guessing
faster climbing?

the amolang
06-12-2009, 08:17 PM
facts:
Florence, Venice, Tuscany and The Wet Lands are confirmed areas...
more mission variety, about 14 types
there will be an economy system
ezio will not sound american
game will be approx. 25 hours
thirty weapons
more gameplay with desmond

guessing:
will be able to control boats
complete missions as desmond

Xanatos2007
06-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Facts: Da Vinci's flying machine confirmed.
Better combat mechanics and advanced AI.
Playing as Desmond in the Animus again.
Desmond's role will be more "action packed".
Notoriety system (similar to Hitman: Blood Money).
More creative assassinations.
Allies include mercenaries, thieves and prostitutes.
Release date confirmed: November 17th, 2009.

Guesses: Will we find out what happened to Altair and why his decendants moved to Italy?
Adha?
Desmond escapes from the Templars?
Piece of Eden involved again?

sensationikke
06-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Ok, so i updated the post and also added "QUESTIONS"
This one is more because of things there isn't talked about yet.

I putted the approx 25 hours in the guessings, i don't think it has been really said yet?

You guys can read the opening post and see or it's right.

Silvermistshado
06-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd love to see Desmond's role be more action packed. Maybe by Assassin's Creed 3 he'll have gone back to the farm and we'll be playing assassin in the modern day. Matrix bullet dodging time!

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Silvermistshado:
I'd love to see Desmond's role be more action packed. Maybe by Assassin's Creed 3 he'll have gone back to the farm and we'll be playing assassin in the modern day. Matrix bullet dodging time!
they have said the game was never designed as a shooter so it wont go that way. the third one will still be in the past just closer to our time.

SWJS
06-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Facts:
- Desmond will do more than just walking
- Hidden Gun replaces throwing knives
- Ability to sail gondolas down the Venetian canals
- Lucy will return
- Cities in "the kingdom"
- no more "traveling between cities"

Guesses:
- Since there are roadside doctors, there is a possibility of actual death
- Steal a bow from an archer?
- Still be able to pickpocket for money?
- da Vinci with the Assassins? Gives you the codex?
- Vidic descendant of Al Mualim?
- Pieces of Eden still involved?

ThePheonix1030
06-13-2009, 01:59 PM
FACT:
-Ezio is so damn sexy.

UchihaKarasu
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
FACT:
-Ezio is so damn sexy.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!
that is a Factual as you can get

SWJS
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I hope Desmond's next ancestor is a girl... <_<

katz_bg
06-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I hope Desmond's next ancestor is a girl... <_< What next ancestor? AC3 is almost certainly all Desmond and no ancestors. I think that will probably be how they'll end AC2, actually.
That's how I'd do it anyway.

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
AC3 has more chance of beinf the late 19th/early 20th century. as it looks like they are tracking something through time so the later game should help them track it closer to the present day.

katz_bg
06-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
AC3 has more chance of beinf the late 19th/early 20th century. as it looks like they are tracking something through time so the later game should help them track it closer to the present day. But then when are they going to stop the templar satellite? in a fourth game, maybe? (non-home-console games not included)

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 03:17 PM
in the third game they will probly do both as in theory they only need to win the race to the artifacts.

SWJS
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Patrice has already said they could go back farther than Altair's time, and that they weren't gonna do an all Desmond game.

sensationikke
06-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
AC3 has more chance of beinf the late 19th/early 20th century. as it looks like they are tracking something through time so the later game should help them track it closer to the present day. But then when are they going to stop the templar satellite? in a fourth game, maybe? (non-home-console games not included) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As patrick deley (how you spell it?) said:
" If we would do more with desmond, we could call it desmond creed, and not assassin's creed"

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Guesses:
- Ezio used to be a bit of a ladies man.
- Templars know Ezio is following the Assassins Creed.
- Da Vinci is helping out because he loves thumbing his nose at the Church. (as anyone who's read the Da Vinci Code will know....)

the amolang
06-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
Guesses:
- Ezio used to be a bit of a ladies man.
- Templars know Ezio is following the Assassins Creed.
- Da Vinci is helping out because he loves thumbing his nose at the Church. (as anyone who's read the Da Vinci Code will know....)

he still is a ladies man....
the da vinci's code is based on no truth at all... all of it was made up... people don't know if da vinci did any of that. in fact most of his work was done for churches.

Sypron
06-14-2009, 04:33 AM
- Hidden Gun replaces throwing knives

I think that you should change that. We know that Throwing Knives will be in the game, and we know the gun will be in the game. Both weapons have advantages and disadvantages, so it stands to reason that we will have access to both of them (I'd wager at the same time, too).

caswallawn_2k7
06-14-2009, 05:01 AM
hidden gun would take too long and be hard to reload making it an unreliable weapon if it replaced the throwing knives.

DearDirty
06-14-2009, 05:20 AM
I figure that the hidden gun would only really have a one shot limit, or you'd need to take some time to reload it.

@ Stormpen, The Da Vinci Code was completely fictional.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 06:13 AM
OK,OK!

The Da Vinci Code is a LIE! (!!!)

LET ME UPDATE MY POST....

GUESSES:
-Ezio IS a ladies man
-Templar's know Ezio is following the Creed.
-Da Vinci is helping out because he is a lovely, kindhearted soul.

THERE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kvakomekiki
06-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Altair and Ezio use the same model?
they look the same.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 08:40 AM
They're in the same Ancestral Line, so genetically they're supposed to look similar, and so they do look similar. Except Ezio has his red shroud now, thats better... and his clothes are better... and his 2 hidden blades are better... Lets face it, I"m better.

kvakomekiki
06-14-2009, 08:42 AM
They're in the same Ancestral Line, so genetically they're supposed to look similar, and so they do look similar. Except Ezio has his red shroud now, thats better... and his clothes are better... and his 2 hidden blades are better... Lets face it, I"m better.
I was thinking about face and body.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Actually, Ezio is fairer, and looks better groomed than Altair.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 08:43 AM
But Ezio is a noble, so thats to be expected.

kvakomekiki
06-14-2009, 08:44 AM
how do you meed fairer?

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I think she means he has a better complexion, skin tone, things like that.

kvakomekiki
06-14-2009, 08:49 AM
better graphics?

take look at this:http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/05/assassin-s-creed-director-s-cut/b10.jpg

Altair looks same as Desmont.
so i was thinking that thy all use the same model.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Well yeah its probably the same model, just updated in a few ways. Its a smart thing really, they don't have to do any major work on him, and we'll have to guess that Al Mualim's model is in there along with Lucy's, so really all they needed to do is change them a little and do townspeople and people to assassinate.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Sooo, Al Mualim = Da Vinci?

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Thats what I'd been thinking, and I'm not completely sure how its going to work out. But didn't the guy in the demo that got Ezionated look like Al Mualim to you all?

kvakomekiki
06-14-2009, 08:56 AM
http://images.bit-tech.net/con...rector-s-cut/b10.jpg (http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/05/assassin-s-creed-director-s-cut/b10.jpg)

here 5th question.

So desmont will become altair/ezio mix and save the world,

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Ubi said that they were done with Altair on the consoles, so it'll just be Ezio until AC 3 and it'll be Bobbert or something like that.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Shame...I'll miss his cynical fat headedness, AND his good looks....

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I knew you were checking him out.
But I'd have to say that Ezio looks better, no homo, mostly because of the clothes. IF somebody makes some, I"ll buy them.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
And look like a total dumbo?

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:16 AM
I never said I'd wear them now did I.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 09:27 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif OK. you win.

This Time.....

SWJS
06-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- Hidden Gun replaces throwing knives

I think that you should change that. We know that Throwing Knives will be in the game, and we know the gun will be in the game. Both weapons have advantages and disadvantages, so it stands to reason that we will have access to both of them (I'd wager at the same time, too). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Patrice states in this (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/) Joystiq interview, that the hidden guns are replacing the trowing knifes.

Joystiq: I saw in the trailer that he made a gun for Ezio, attached to his wrist.

Patrice: Yeah.

Joystiq: How does that work in the game? Will you have an aiming reticle?

Patrice: We're working on the gun mechanics right now in Montreal. I cannot go into too detail because we are not pleased with what we have right now. Basically, the gun is replacing the throwing knives.

In the first game you could throw some throwing knives and you would kill with one shot. This time it's the gun that would kill with one shot but it takes more time to reload and you have to buy bullets and things like that, because we have an economic system this time around.

But the reticle, it's not about aiming. We're having fun with some concepts in Montreal about how to make that gun more fun than only marking off someone and shooting. You'll see. You'll see.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:31 AM
But hopefully throwing knives will still be an option.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I hope so. It's gonna be kind of annoying. otherwise.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Unless DaVinci was just a beast and made a silencer too.

SWJS
06-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I dunno. It may add abit of a challenge. Albeit the control mechanics function properly. Plus I think the gun will provide a nice new way to make guards stumble and fall off the roof. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 09:43 AM
But then again, if you can pick up a rock and throw it, that'd be a lot of fun too. Chuck it at the back of their heads...

SWJS
06-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Oh yes. You have no Idea how much I'd love that.

"You like throwing rocks at people who are climbing?! lets see how YOU like it! *pelts one right in the forehead and watches him fall off the roof* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
The thing that sucks is, sometimes its the townspeople too... so I kill them all.

Stormpen
06-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Hah.

Sarcross
06-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Yep

Nokishimojy
06-14-2009, 02:48 PM
"new(advanced) AI types"
Need more specific

Some types of a guards:
Militia, Elites (Brute, Parano, Agile) and Leaders.

Source
http://blogs.theage.com.au/scr...archives/012110.html (http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/012110.html)

"- faster climbing?" << it is a fact!
"- Still be able to pickpocket for money?" it s a fact too!

Go to the video thread and ensure in that.

"- smarter/stronger AI?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Dljman
06-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by sensationikke:
FACTS

The release date is more or less a guideline for when they expect they can release it isn't it?
so for all we know they might not be capable of finishing it before January next year.
Hidden pistols, honestly i don't think it's a good piece to AC, also if you hadn't noticed during the startup scene at the start of the first game Altiar (or however it's spelt) had a little crossbow which you don't see ingame. Honestly i think it's going to be the same situation with the hidden pistol as the small crossbow.
Unless either of these have been truly confirmed and generally said they WILL be done on time or in the game.

Xanatos2007
06-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Maybe Ezio can throw enemy weapons when he's done with them, like in Prince of Persia. I'd like to impale a guard to a tree.

sensationikke
06-15-2009, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Dljman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:
FACTS

The release date is more or less a guideline for when they expect they can release it isn't it?
so for all we know they might not be capable of finishing it before January next year.
Hidden pistols, honestly i don't think it's a good piece to AC, also if you hadn't noticed during the startup scene at the start of the first game Altiar (or however it's spelt) had a little crossbow which you don't see ingame. Honestly i think it's going to be the same situation with the hidden pistol as the small crossbow.
Unless either of these have been truly confirmed and generally said they WILL be done on time or in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said they wanted it for extra ways to assassinate. They are working on how to aim it.

Silhouette1991
06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
more mission variety, about 14 types
I think they said about 16 mission types :P

sensationikke
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
around 15 then xD

Silvermistshado
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
[Start of huge rant on guards]

I hope for this one they'll fix the guards. First off, just because I choose to ride my horse at a decent speed does not make me an assassin. If a cop shot and killed someone because they walked by him at a rate of more than .0001mph, he'd be fired faster than you can say 'ASSASSIN!'. Second, when you see a mass of bodies around said assassin, assume it's not worth your life going after him and walk away, especially if most of the dead bodies are guards of equal or better skill than you. This also goes for civilians. If I am attacked by the guard first, I'm not a murderer, I'm defending myself. Also, if I do kill said load of guards, don't assume bringing even more in is going to help in any way.

I also hope that it actually becomes possible to assassinate someone WITHOUT the whole city knowing. If all the witnesses are dead, how would the whole city know?

SWJS
06-16-2009, 10:03 PM

I hope for this one they'll fix the guards. First off, just because I choose to ride my horse at a decent speed does not make me an assassin. If a cop shot and killed someone because they walked by him at a rate of more than .0001mph, he'd be fired faster than you can say 'ASSASSIN!'. Second, when you see a mass of bodies around said assassin, assume it's not worth your life going after him and walk away, especially if most of the dead bodies are guards of equal or better skill than you. This also goes for civilians. If I am attacked by the guard first, I'm not a murderer, I'm defending myself. Also, if I do kill said load of guards, don't assume bringing even more in is going to help in any way.

I also hope that it actually becomes possible to assassinate someone WITHOUT the whole city knowing. If all the witnesses are dead, how would the whole city know? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Ecspecially the part about the horses.

Serenity9066
06-16-2009, 10:53 PM

I also hope that it actually becomes possible to assassinate someone WITHOUT the whole city knowing. If all the witnesses are dead, how would the whole city know?

But ******ed AI makes up part of the fun! I agree about the horse issue too though, but then again didn't they say there wouldn't be traveling between cities like Kingdom in AC? So.. no horses?

About this...

Also, if I do kill said load of guards, don't assume bringing even more in is going to help in any way.

That's their job. What are they going to do? Let you go? I can understand maybe just a small group of them turn-tailing and run like 4 guards, but other wise it's like "You b**tard!".

I thought it was funny when after you complete a save civilian they turn around sometimes and go "OMG you killed that guy!! How could you??" if you don't blend in. That's.. awkward. Then they join the other citizens in the "Gasp! Who could have done such a thing?!". First time that happened I actually just stood there in game gawking. "I saved you, and this is the thanks I get?!" lol.
That seemed a little off to me..

bokeef04
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
there will still be horses, just the "kingdom" as such has been removed, now it's no longer just empty land you have to cross, it will be full of towns and missions

Account_Deleted
06-17-2009, 07:27 AM
i belive insted of a horse you'd get like a personal boater.

any chance we could get diffrent parkour moves or variations?

sensationikke
06-17-2009, 08:47 AM
We'll have this leap like i think you know. So you can climb faster. When i saw the E3 demo, i was a bit dissapointed that he ran the same way as Altaïr =(

bladencrowd
06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
ok people go to FYTJ's blog. End of story.

Stormpen
06-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Um.

I think there'll be a connection with the Vatican.

sensationikke
06-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
ok people go to FYTJ's blog. End of story.

what are you talking about??? That one hasn't been updated since more than a week... That's why this topic is here!!

jigh23
06-18-2009, 04:51 AM
FACT: Ezio can now change his clothes in true stealth style, by visiting his tailor.

sensationikke
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by jigh23:
FACT: Ezio can now change his clothes in true stealth style, by visiting his tailor.

where do you know this fact from? Can you post a link?

EDIT: got it http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=217477 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217477)

Zeusdude2020
06-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Typo in "the facts".

Dunno if anyone else has caught this:
- Ezio will be able to customize his clothes by visiting sailors

You put sailors and in the video it sounds like sailors but it is because of his accent.
He is actually saying tailors.

not sailors.

Tailors.

Weedwalk
06-19-2009, 03:05 AM
Correct it's tailor.

2 facts:
1. In the video he says that Leonardo da Vinci is providing the upgrades of Ezio's weapons and such.

2. You don't start as an assassin, you become one because of an event that's happend to you. (Example: Ezio's wife was killed.)

sensationikke
06-19-2009, 04:02 AM
updated

Weedwalk
06-19-2009, 04:13 AM
in the openings post it says under Guessing:
- Gun is replacing throwing knives.

in this (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/interview-assassins-creed-2-creative-director-patrice-desilet/) article they mentioned that this is a fact and that you'll have to buy the bullets.

How does that work in the game? Will you have an aiming reticle?
We're working on the gun mechanics right now in Montreal. I cannot go into too detail because we are not pleased with what we have right now. Basically, the gun is replacing the throwing knives.

It will be longer to take to reload also.

sensationikke
06-21-2009, 02:17 AM
More facts and guessings guys!

Evgeniy28
06-23-2009, 03:19 AM
?????? ? ??????? ???????????? ?????? ????????? ? ?? ???????? ?? ?????????? ????????.... ????? ????? ??? Why the Black edition cannot be ordered in Russia? Who knows please tell me.

Dylan_Josh
06-23-2009, 04:54 AM
Fact:
There is an economy system this time.

obliviondoll
06-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
About this...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, if I do kill said load of guards, don't assume bringing even more in is going to help in any way.

That's their job. What are they going to do? Let you go? I can understand maybe just a small group of them turn-tailing and run like 4 guards, but other wise it's like "You b**tard!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with this. If you have killed more than 5 or six guards, a single guard walking past, should run for help before attacking. A patrol of four or more should attack, assuming you came upon the guards, or they came upon you, in smaller numbers at a time (which often happens in AC1 if you're anything like me.

Originally posted by Serenity9066:
I thought it was funny when after you complete a save civilian they turn around sometimes and go "OMG you killed that guy!! How could you??" if you don't blend in. That's.. awkward. Then they join the other citizens in the "Gasp! Who could have done such a thing?!". First time that happened I actually just stood there in game gawking. "I saved you, and this is the thanks I get?!" lol.
That seemed a little off to me..
And every time this happened in my game, the one who said it fell down seconds later. And never got back up.

The time I dropped an old man to his knees execution-style in front of his sons, they came the next day and helped me reach an old doctor who had been marked for the same fate. Odd, odd world we play in.

sensationikke
06-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Dylan_Josh:
Fact:
There is an economy system this time.

already in there, but thx for participating.

Btw, i think your signature is way to big.

lemonade789
06-27-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=218420 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218420) this could be helpful....

An_Idea
06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by FifthGeneration:
Fact
Ezio's father is dead
Ezio can swim
2 hidden blades available
hidden pistol available
Assassin's creed two will be AWESOME!!

Guessing
faster climbing?

i dont think that there will be faster climbing. i'm pretty sure that i heard in one of the interviews with Patrice Desilets that they already made the climbing faster than normal. if they made it any faster it would be noticably inrealistic...

lemonade789
06-28-2009, 02:49 PM
fact
can go inside buildings

sensationikke
06-29-2009, 03:26 AM
@ lemonade789 any links to an interview or such?

Dylan_Josh
06-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Would be cool if it were true, but I don't think it is

UchihaKarasu
06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Here they talk about being able to enter buildings

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=218420 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218420)

pyrokiss6891
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
There will be horses in the game
http://www.destructoid.com/fir...net-128198.phtml#ext (http://www.destructoid.com/first-info-on-assassin-s-creed-2-glides-on-to-the-net-128198.phtml#ext)
(4 lines from bottom)

sensationikke
06-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
Here they talk about being able to enter buildings

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=218420 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=218420)

Can you copy it out of the article, i don't see it.

UchihaKarasu
06-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Buildings can now be entered and explored, a feature which only barely appeared in the form the original's safe houses.

They say it in the tenth paragraph.

sensationikke
07-01-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
Buildings can now be entered and explored, a feature which only barely appeared in the form the original's safe houses.

They say it in the tenth paragraph.

thx

wildfire5911
07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Fact - There will be 16 mission types
http://www.gamespot.com/news/b...-details-leaked.html (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26843382/assassins-creed-2-details-leaked.html)
Also reported by gameinformer magazine

lemonade789
07-02-2009, 04:58 PM
@ sensationikke sorry i only just saw your post and forgot 2 put the link up

Stickman08
07-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Don't know if it was posted before but this is interesting:
"He(Ezio) is shown to wield two hidden blades, and one of the blades has a "hidden gun" located on the same unit, but does not shoot the blade itself, but a spherical bullet with the Assassins emblem on it.."
And I read somewhere on this forum...don't remeber the topic but it was about his ring, whether it's the creed's simbol or his wedding ring, it's his wedding ring so he's married.
Don't know if you all knew but for me they were new facts.
Source: Wikipedia.
A couple of more facts:
# Ezio has all ten fingers, unlike Altair who had his ring finger on his hand removed to make space for the hidden blade. This is explained as Leonardo DaVinci inventing a hidden blade that placed the blade farther from palm, sparing the ring finger.
# Ezio uses a wheel lock firearm, a type of weapon that Europe didn't start developing until the very late 1400's and early 1500's, making this weapon most likely one of the very first firearms to appear in Europe, thus many people may not know what the weapon is in game. The earliest firearms were single shot and took time to reload, so will most likely be only used as a last resort weapon. Also note that DaVinci created some of the first modern wheel lock pistols, so this could be a shortened version of one.
Source: assassinscreed.wikia.com

Luis-D
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
This is a rumor, which might be considered a Guessing:

- There will be Carriages you can drive or use for missions in the game.

Fact

- Difficulty levels confirmed. (check this interview: http://www.theglobeandmail.com...ulty/article1214051/ (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/controller-freak/ubisofts-benoit-lambert-on-game-difficulty/article1214051/))

Luis-D
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh btw, Adha is mentioned in AC1 too by an Informer in Damascus. I wonder who Adha is...

Informant: "Any news from Adha since she left? No? How sad... I'm sure you'll find her one day..."

After that the topic is changed...

EmperorxZurg
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
@Luis-D
The only adha mentioned besides that is a character from Altair's chronicles. where you have to save her but she is taken to sea
@stickman
Actually there were invented in the middle 1400's in Pistoia,Italy and were actually commonly used by assassins in Europe which led to their banning in Europe so all pistols were illegal
[/Quote] originally posted by sensationikke:
EDIT: got it http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=217477 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=217477)[/QUOTE]

It won't let me see the video, have u found it on another site?

RipYourSpineOut
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Guessing:

Sorry, I forgot what interview I heard it on, and I don't know if it was just a slip of the tongue, but Patrice said Ezio will also have/have had a brother and sister.

AetosEagle
07-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
Guessing:

Sorry, I forgot what interview I heard it on, and I don't know if it was just a slip of the tongue, but Patrice said Ezio will also have/have had a brother and sister.

It was actually in the Dev Diary #1 when one of the Devs said "when you have a mother to protect, a sister to protect".

It's another fact for the list! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ruse1996
07-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Have they said anything about the realese of the demo? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Stickman08
07-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by ruse1996:
Have they said anything about the realese of the demo? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif
There won't be any demo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ezio_475
07-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Stickman08:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ruse1996:
There won't be any demo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, Patrice said there might be a demo.

Luis-D
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Stickman08:
And I read somewhere on this forum...don't remeber the topic but it was about his ring, whether it's the creed's simbol or his wedding ring, it's his wedding ring so he's married.
Don't know if you all knew but for me they were new facts.

It's not confirmed if the ring is either a wedding ring or a family crest ring.

Besides this was discussed in a few threads and most of them pointed out what the bad guy in the cinematic trailer said about his parents but nothing about his wife (which might have been a better target to insult)

Ezio_475
07-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Luis-D:
This is a rumor, which might be considered a Guessing:

- There will be Carriages you can drive or use for missions in the game.

Fact

- Difficulty levels confirmed. (check this interview: http://www.theglobeandmail.com...ulty/article1214051/ (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/controller-freak/ubisofts-benoit-lambert-on-game-difficulty/article1214051/))
Patrice said you can also hide in the carriages / carts. And seekers can spot you inside too.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
A fact:

There will be Templars in the game (in Ezio's time) and there will be some dealing with them.

Danvish
07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
About the thing with the hidden gun replacing the hidden blade, I've just read the interview with Benoit Lambert and he says there specifily that "We also have range weapons such as throwing knives or the Hidden Gun that you heard of already… Ezio will also use another impressive weapon but I am not going to talk about that right now".

And in the same interview "And what about a crossbow? Or a bow? Will Ezio be able to disarm an archer and get their weapon? Obviously we thought of the crossbow. We really wanted to have it for AC1. or AC2, we felt it didn’t fit with the era and like for the bows, both weapons are not easy for an assassin to wear or use… they are actually bigger than we think!"

So it seems as we will have both Throwing knives and a hidden gun.