PDA

View Full Version : Multi crew Bombers in dogfighting

lpigeon
01-07-2005, 09:59 AM
I was recently talking to a friend. He had a great idea for dogfight missions..I geuss the problem with having multi crew bombers in dogfight mode was how to get the crew to man the plane.. Because of the way the interface is designed they cant get out of preload screen is what he said he found out from reading through UBI forum.. The proposal was to create a man as a plane selection when you hit flt there would be a guy standing there on the runway you would have to start engine (default I button) then you could throttle him up with like max speed of 10kph or something and steer him to a bomber plane selected by another player and have a hot key for joining bomber (just like attach dettach aircraft for the tb3) then you would be allowed to cycle through any open positions on the bomber..Any how thought it was a cool Idea..If you all have ideas I would like to here them also I am interested in this and want to find out who else is..Thanks

lronSight
01-07-2005, 01:33 PM
It's a good idea, but probably lots of work, and with the ammount of work, I wouldn't be surprised to maybe see something along the lines multi-player aircraft in maybe BoB as a hook for the expansion.

Would be nice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Amanda_Hugnkiss
01-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Hmmm... If your friend has such a great idea for a mission, why not just make it a co-op mission and then you don't have to worry about how people would man the bomber positions.

lpigeon
01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
There isnt a problem with multi crew bombers in co-op.. Thats why it would be cool to have in just dogfight servers.. Probably never happen would would still be neat I think

Latico
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
What would be wrong with setting up a coop mission to do this? Seems to me to be the easiest way. And doesn't require any re-programming.

Geesh, some people just don't seem to grasp the concept of IMROVISATION.

Petrosky
01-07-2005, 06:42 PM
um some people?

lpigeon
01-07-2005, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Latico:
What would be wrong with setting up a coop mission to do this? Seems to me to be the easiest way. And doesn't require any re-programming.

Geesh, some people just don't seem to grasp the concept of IMROVISATION. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that is just it works fine in coop not in dogfight where the action is random may require bombing or maybee not this would leave it up to the individuals to decide if they wanted to man a gun one time then a fighter the next without ever leaving the server.. Besides I dont expect it to happen any how just a neat Idea I thought.. Go take a qualude or something and relax..If you dont like the idea thats fine go fly a co-op if you are so fond of them..