PDA

View Full Version : Swords and bows.

JosheyG34
11-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Why do the guards use only swords and bows? This is supposed to be a next gen game so why don't the guard use spears crossbows shields Axes?

I remember seeing some screens of the models and what not and I saw a guy dressed in blue tunic and mail holding a shield and spear So what happened to the other weapons!

me-gud-u-bad
11-10-2007, 12:36 PM
maybe they decided not to put them in...

Phacrebion
11-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't believe in 1192, guards patrolled cities fully armed with spears, and sheilds. Though, having the gaurds at the front gate equipped with said weapons would not be too odd. I'm pretty sure guards would only carry swords, it's not like you find fully armed travelers 24/7. As for the bows, only the archers on the tops of facades, and walls are armed with bows.

As for the crossbow, it takes a minute per-say to reload one, it would be ignorant.

Axes - weren't much used then, only for the occasional chopping of wood and the like.

I'd assume they saw no need for a full out armored soldier patrolling a primeval city.

dalafor
11-10-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah phacrebion.like even say if there was a guy stealingin the city and a guard runs after him a full armored guard would'nt catch up

sweetlou280
11-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JosheyG34:
Why do the guards use only swords and bows? This is supposed to be a next gen game so why don't the guard use spears crossbows shields Axes?

You are forgetting to remeber that the people you are killing are in a city not the frontlines of war. Now if you were a guard near your barracks would you carry around a shield when you probly won't even see any enemies.
Spears were only used on the frontlines to take down charging calvary.
Axes are only used in World of Warcraft and other fantasy medieval games. Your out of luck...this is reality.

MoveMeant
11-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sweetlou280:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JosheyG34:

You are forgetting to remeber that the people you are killing are in a city not the frontlines of war. Now if you were a guard near your barracks would you carry around a shield when you probly won't even see any enemies.
Axes are only used in World of Warcraft and other fantasy medieval games. Your out of luck...this is reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A guard was just as likely to carry around a spear as a sword.. even though he was just patroling the streets.. he might have been carrying a shield as well..
axes was used but they where not looking like the axes in WoW and so on..

FlyingEagle23
11-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Totally and if they were fully armored they would be sluggish and the could be protected but against a mater assassin he would find weak spots. Also the guards weapons are almost perfect yes they carried spears, but the sword is the most used weapon of the 3rd Crusade

JosheyG34
11-10-2007, 02:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JosheyG34:

Axes are only used in World of Warcraft and other fantasy medieval games. Your out of luck...this is reality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did use axes in medieval time. They might not have been that common in "The holey land" but they were used the vikings the scot's the Byzantines they all used axes as weapons Even the holey roman empire or the Germans used Halberd's which were really long axes.

sweetlou280
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
But we are fighting crusaders not vikings.

AspectShadow
11-10-2007, 02:27 PM
I do believe you mean "Holy" land http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

psycopath2003
11-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by dalafor:
yeah phacrebion.like even say if there was a guy stealingin the city and a guard runs after him a full armored guard would'nt catch up

great point, if they had guards with shields and heavy mail armor on, you could run in kill your target and get away like nothing at all due to all the extra armor / shield or larger weapons (axes and spears) they wouldn't be able to keep up let alone climb after you.

giving them just swords and lighter armor or very little it makes the action that much more intense and a lil more difficult.

IHS_Spitfire
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM

Axes are only used in World of Warcraft and other fantasy medieval games. Your out of luck...this is reality.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by IHS_Spitfire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetlou280:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif x2

xD

Ghotten
11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
lol sweetlou xD yeah, you're totally right. look at 1066. King Harold's main soldiers used axes. and look where THAT got him. I think using axes as weapons is totally non-fiction.

Rogue4152
11-10-2007, 02:43 PM
it would have been cool if there were pikes in the kingdom so youd have to watch out when your ride your horse......