PDA

View Full Version : Awards and Rank - This is Long!

MoreMP
04-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Sorry if this is a redundant message but seems my original post was deleted regarding the inaccuracies in the awarding of decorations, relative to the time of the actual mission.

This statement may bring some chukles but if someone could give me some pointers on how to use the tools to make these enhancements I would like to give it a try. I downloaded some of the uniform chnages that added the eagle to the uniform which I like. I would like to change how the Iron Cross First Class is being worn for example. It was not worn on the flap of the left pocket but centered on the left pocket. I know, picky-picky but as a historian it irks me.

Also as opposed to the BOX of MEDALS on the desk, I would like to see an actual uniform that reflects both my rank and decorations along with the hat with corresponding visor trim.

First of all, I was dismayed to have been awarded every medal in the first 6 missions. It really took away from the realism. I was awarded the Diamonds to my Knights Cross for having exited the game with completing my mission....hmmmmmmm?

For example, the awarding of the U-Boots-Frontapange after only one mission in 1939 could not happen since this award did not occur until its introduction 15.May.1944 by order of OKM. This was the BRONZE class. The SILVER was made on 24.November.1944. GOLD was doubt able. This had to be personally approved by Groassadmiral Donitz.

Also the award of the U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen should not be made until after the second mission or in the case of a crew member being wounded. This left to the U-Boot Commander.

Additionally, the awarding of the Kriegsorden des Deutschen Kreuzes (War Order of the German Cross) in Gold should not be available until 28.September.1941, hence the date '1941' at the base of the circular wreath.

The Verwundetenabzeichen was awarded in three classes BLACK = 1-2 wounds, SILVER = 3-4 wounds or loss of a limb, and GOLD for 5 or total disabilty or loss of life.

For added realism, add the award Ehrentafelspange der Kriegsmarine (Honor Roll Clasp) which was made available on 13.May.1944 for actions that the German Cross or Knights Cross was not possible.

Now for rank. With all the detail in the game, why are ranks so diluted? What is Lieutenant, JR and Lieutenant, SR? Quite simply, the rank structure for the Kriegsmarine is listed below

Grossadmiral (After 1939)
Generaladmiral (Before 1939)
Admiral
Vizeadmiral
Konteradmiral
Kapitan zur See und Kommodore

Kapitan zur See
Fregattenkapitan
Korvettenkapitan
Kapitanleutnant
Oberleutnant
Leutant

Slim-braided Should Boards
Oberfahnrich 2 pips
Fahnrich No pips

Should Boards
Stabsoberfeldwebel/ - 3 pips (2 below-one above)
Stabsfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel - 2 pips (1 above/1below)
Stabsfeldwebel - 2 pips (side-by-side)
Feldwebel - 1 pip

Left Sleeve
Hauptgefreiter - 3 Cheverons
Obergefreiter - 2 Cheverons
Gefreiter - 1 Cheveron

MoreMP
04-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Should have read:

First of all, I was dismayed to have been awarded every medal in the first 6 missions. It really took away from the realism. I was awarded the Diamonds to my Knights Cross for having exited the game withOUT completing any of my objectives in my mission....hmmmmmmm?

alanschu
04-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm sure BdU would still be mighty happy if you sunk 80k tonnage even if you didn't visit your mission.