PDA

View Full Version : plz have you pictures to test shooting technique with 6dof

raaaid
12-06-2005, 05:32 AM
the idea is for deflection shooting, as the nose blocks your view you just lean your head left as much as posible and aim with the nose as a reference

i saw once a picture of pf with 6dof with the view totally to the left and the crosshair out of the gunsight, anyone got a link to this or something similar

Vengeanze
12-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Ehh, to my knowledge PF doesn't work with 6DOF i.e. u only get 2DOF - turn head left/right and up/down.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

CFS3 and MSFS2004 however...!

raaaid
12-06-2005, 06:56 AM
i know it doesnt work but there were pictures of it almost working, the head was leaned totally right and you could still see the crosshair out of the gunsight, this was shown as how pf couldnt be implemented with 6dof

anyway i was wondering if this was the aiming style that marseille used

RxMan
12-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Actually what you probably saw was the offset in some planes, especially the bf109s. This is adjusted with Shift-F1. It is not an option, it's sort of a 'feature' of some planes.

SKULLS_Exec01
12-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I think Gib posted a picture of that a long time ago, more as a reference as to the texture and model problems that having 6dof in PF would bring on some planes.

Tully__
12-06-2005, 06:44 PM
The only pictures like that for IL2 series were not from the game. They were composites made up by the people that modelled some of the aircraft using their own model pasted over scenery from the game.

The only benefit that 6dof offers in this game is that it allows you to relax a lot more when using TIR, you don't have to keep your head perfectly still to keep the view centered.

There are many shots of 6dof in use in other sims, most notably CFS3 and FS2004.

raaaid
12-07-2005, 09:12 AM
i tested this with aces high2 and i think this was the dlection shooting method used by marseille because you can make shots that otherwise are imposible

i cant wait for bob