PDA

View Full Version : I have some ideas!!

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone! I just got done with AC Brotherhood and I really enjoyed it! Sadly, I haven't played the other installments but I am looking forward to it. Who is Altair? Ezio's grandfather or something?

Anyway, I'm more interested in the modern setting with Desmond and the other dudes rather than the Dark Ages setting. If you ask me, the next game should be set in the modern era with Desmond becoming fully sychronized with his ancestors.

Some of his ancestors should be war-veterans so that way Desmond could pick up their abilities with firearms. This would mean that the whole game would have to be in a first-person perspective cause hey, have you played Prototype? COMPLETE FAIL with the aiming system. Enemies will drop guns and Desmond will have to pick them up to get ammo, and health is going to have to regenerate. Think about it, is it realistic for Desmond to just pull medicine out of his jacket? No.

And the hidden blade isn't realistic anymore. What if Desmonds cuts his fingers off with it? Would you like to have a blade under your wrist that activates when you flick your wrist? Typing on your keyboard would be hell. Instead, let's have a combat knife or something with a melee trigger, or like a ballistic knife from Call of Duty Black Ops (great game by the way 10/10). It's realistic guys. Besides, this universe needs to make more sense. I doubt that a stack of hay will help much if you fall twelve stories off a Renaissance Castle or whatever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

DarthEzio55
01-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Tell me why the next ac installment should have first person perspective?

BK-110
01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
First off, it's called suspension of disbelief, gotta have some of it for games. If you want everything to be completely realistic, keep away from fiction.

Second, this is Assassin's Creed, not Call of Duty, no need to turn it into a shooter.

Third, the exotic settings are one of the points that make the series popular. I like Desmond's part of the story, but it wouldn't be nearly as great without the unique settings while playing as his ancestors.

As for Alta´r, he happens to be the ancestor you play as all throughout the first game. So he's rather important. I suggest that you either play the first two main installments (AC1 and 2) or read a synopsis somewhere.

bagelnagel16
01-01-2011, 08:21 PM
They said they would not do a setting in WWII because its over played. So why would they do one completely in modern times? If you make one in modern times its going to be called Assassin's Creed: Splinter Cell. tbh I hope they do not go any further (time wise) than renaissance era. Guns dont fit the series very well imo.

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
To Darth Ezio:

Ah. Good question. You see, I like to call it a "The Printing Machine of Success." Basically, it involves a game not completely copying other titles, but at least borrowing some elements from said titles to give the player a feeling of welcoming and comfortability with the game.

Look at a lot of shooters today. They borrow heavily from Halo, not because it is an outstanding title and series, but because it had a great idea; first-person perspectives while shooting. It's a lot easier than simply auto-locking your target (Prototype again!), and many games use it, so many people know how to use it.

Assassins Creed had a good run with originality, but overall, it really needs to start bowing to other titles. You can't beat Halo, or Black Ops, but you can be like them. And besides, a first person perspective will help the player in taking down the Templar Nazis.

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Please don't join our series two games late and immediately try to turn it into Call Of Duty.
Second in AC2 Leonardo Da Vinci modified the hidden blade so it won't damage the wearer.

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh and a bit of trivia; both Hitler and Churchill were Templars, not just the Nazis.

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Chewitt:

True, but it's kind of a dead giveaway to have a huge gauntlet on your arm that basically screams; I'M A ASSASSIN. I'M A STICK THIS BLADE SO FAR UP YOUR BUTT THAT IT WILL COME OUT YOUR NOSE. SO LONG YOU TEMPLAR FASCIST.

Same for Ezio's white robe. Jeez, and the guards are always looking around for you. Just look into the crowd and if you spot a guy with a sword and a huge freaking eagle robe painted pure-white, it's Ezio.

beatledude210
01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't know, if all these changes happened it would totally go away from what Assassin's creed is and Become a hybrid of GTA and Black Ops. And getting rid of the hidden blade would be a crime, it is one of the things that are so unique about Ac

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:32 PM
You know the first word of the weapon is hidden, so Desmond could pull his sleeve over it and voila!
Oh, and the White Robe is symbolic towered the brotherhood and isnt there to help the wearer blend in.
Although, in AC1 Altair used it to mimic a scholar.

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 08:34 PM
To BK something:

The exotic settings are boring. The Italian Rennaisance? I'll admit, that bored me. World War II is much more exciting.

It's my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I just read through the argument and I think you should look at the Saboteur as it seems to be what you want to change AC into.

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Symbolic? Forget symbolic! I'd rather be wearing regular clothes then an outfit that screams "I AM AN ASSASSIN. KILL ME.

Avl521
01-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Your post sounded quite sarcastic:

"and health is going to have to regenerate. Think about it, is it realistic for Desmond to just pull medicine out of his jacket? No. "

Because if that wasn't sarcasm...

But then the rest of your post didn't sound like that and sounded like you were actually serious so if you were serious:

Dude, instead of trying to turn AC into a FPS (crap really) why don't you go and play one of the BILLION games that are already FPS?

And you got done with ACB without playing the others... nice... did you understand the story? or were you too busy thinking about how Desmond was gonna shoot everyone in modern times?

Also the game has to be FPS because Prototype sucked at aiming... right right... have you played RE4? Uncharted 2? Metal gear Solid 4? Mass Effect 2? Gears Of War? Splinter Cell? They're all third person shooters and the aiming mechanism is very good in them so IF the developers decide to turn the game into a shooter, it doesn't have to be a FPS and will most likely be more similar to Splinter Cell than to CoD.

The ignorance in the OP is mind numbing... I hope for our sake not everyone else in the earth is like this... I actually HOPE it was sarcasm.

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Well said Avl, well said.

beatledude210
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I think this would be going against what Assassin's Creed was based on, and plus ubisoft wasn't shooting for extreme realistic game play, this would be way to much like call of duty, and would totally cripple the series and make fans angry. If your shooting for way realistic game play, stick with FPS, you won't get much of it in Third Person Games

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I bet he only bought it because of multiplayer. NOT ALL GAMES NEED TO HAVE A MIULTIPLAYER TO BE GOOD!!

Avl521
01-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by tuggernuts6435:
To Darth Ezio:

Ah. Good question. You see, I like to call it a "The Printing Machine of Success." Basically, it involves a game not completely copying other titles, but at least borrowing some elements from said titles to give the player a feeling of welcoming and comfortability with the game.

Look at a lot of shooters today. They borrow heavily from Halo, not because it is an outstanding title and series, but because it had a great idea; first-person perspectives while shooting. It's a lot easier than simply auto-locking your target (Prototype again!), and many games use it, so many people know how to use it.

Assassins Creed had a good run with originality, but overall, it really needs to start bowing to other titles. You can't beat Halo, or Black Ops, but you can be like them. And besides, a first person perspective will help the player in taking down the Templar Nazis.

Yeah ok... So according to you the only way a game can be successful these days is to completely rip off Halo and CoD, or mimic them and be FPS.
Give me a break. FPS are not original whatsoever, after you play one, you'll start getting bored with the genre because Almost every FPS is exactly the same.

It's true, AC doesn't sell as much as CoD has sold.
It probably won't ever sell that many copies or make that much money, but the game is extraordinary in its own right, is UNIQUE and sells A LOT of copies.

Taking down the templar nazis? OMG!
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/6515/original/jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Chewitt321
01-01-2011, 08:47 PM
To be honest AC goes for realism in story and concept, for example the animus makes health, HUD and Respawning possible. (You know what I mean)
I am too tired to give more reasons.

beatledude210
01-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Assassin's creed Was meant to be an action adventure free roam /stealth game , not a gritty, gory, war torn, Fps like call of duty, and plus if it was third person, running around like Desmond in a modern city with guns and cars would be just like Gta.

tmaster98765
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
im going with everyone who says that AC should not become and fps or tps. AC as gone three games with being the way it is and has no need to put guns as a big part. then people would just ignore being an assassin, get a gun, and mow everyone down. just not assassin like. Also BK-110 said a good thing, suspension of disbelief. its a game, so what if your clothes would set you off which they actually do when you fully notorious, the guards actually say "that man is oddly dressed" and start to chase you. if you want a fps go play halo or black ops. this game isn't going to be one. the next setting would be either very little into the future or back in the past a bit in which subject 16 and desmond share another ancestor.

tuggernuts6435
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I didn't just buy it for the multiplayer! The multiplayer is great though, and I'm glad that Ubi came to their senses and added multiplayer. Although I'll admit, not being able to fight other Assassins was a fail in the multiplayer. Every game should have multiplayer. PERIOD.

And by the way, don't make fun of Jesus. He was a templar in the game, remember?

Oh and also, I didn't go the whole game thinking about what Desmond would do in the future settings. I was just simply worried about the series because of the way that Ubi is using boring historical settings as a way to crunch out as many games as possible. C'mon people, let's get something exciting. The settings are boring.

And my I say, Ezio is really getting boring. I get that his brothers got killed and crap, but that's getting old. His character is going from strong and determined to repetitive and simply whiny. His character can not compare to Alex Mason from Black Ops.

beatledude210
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Again you keep using black ops as an example, apparently you want Ac3 to be just like call of duty black ops, It was a great game but Assassin's creed is not going to be like black ops, ubisoft is not going to suddenly trash the third person historical setting and make it into a Modern war Fps, and Alex Mason was a great character, but you made it sound like Ezio was a lame Character, i think he was an amazing character, you make it sound like in the next Ac you want Desmond to be put in Prison by Templar's, brainwashed an then set out to do there dirty work as a sleeper agent, and then interrogated by two assassin's that are trying to stop a global cataclysm, but Desmond must translate the secret numbers to find the broadcast statio- I mean temples to stop them. That story would fit you greatly, does it sound familiar? You can't compare the two games, i'm sorry but you cant.

bagelnagel16
01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Assassins killing assassins? That doesn't make any sense. Try paying attention to the story to find out where multi-player fits in. As for boring settings, you realize the renaissance era is one of the bloodiest and richest eras in history of man? Name one other game who has done this era, right at-least. The purpose of this game is entertain the community with a very dramatic story, not just jump on the COD band wagon and make numbers. Yes Alex Mason was a very good character, in fact (in my opinion) the only good character to ever come out of COD (killed price in MW2 imo). Anywho thats my opinion choose to listen or not, as I will not value yours.

ZCherub
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Alright - i'll be the first to call troll, here. This dude is not too inflammatory, but it seems he's trying to stir up a few gambits w/ the constant CoD references & insinuating that AC should be a FPS next time around - honestly, no fan of this series actually thinks that. +1 though, troll.

Avl521
01-01-2011, 11:58 PM
yeah... I kinda noticed he had a trolling intention...

DisturbeD_2
01-02-2011, 12:02 AM
why must trolls come from CoD, any other series i would have ignored but CoD? seriously?
:P

LordWolv
01-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Play the other two games then tell me you want it to change into CoD. Disgrace. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Sps_Drake
01-02-2011, 12:36 AM
1. Mason wasn't whiny, nope but he KEPT HEARING THE F***** NUMBERS! That never got old? P.S. Mason is an amazing charecter.

2.Brotherhood Multiplayer isn't about holding down the trigger until your enemy dies(or furiously trying to stab them). It's about being the hunter and the hunted.

3.Multiplayer also has a story behind it which most shooters lack. Why are Russians and other dudes fighting over a fake town with a nuke thats going to go off in 10 min.?

4.I can't think of one succesful game that changed from Historical-Fiction/Stealth/3rd person Adventure to Modern/Shooter/First person

5.Does WW2 need revisiting? Ok so I just killed some germans in Stalingrad and look! Now its D-day! Deja vu

6.The rennacance (sorry for spelling error) is boring? Comparison: Ok so, its WW2 and there are snipers and tanks nearby=Uh oh. I'm in Venice in the 1400's and OMG it's Leanardo Da Vinci!= *jaw drops*

Thats all for now but theres is more for later!

BK-110
01-02-2011, 09:45 AM
tuggernuts6435, this is really just getting sad. You can't say that "it's your opinion, and that's why it's right". It's an opinion. Fans of the series like the historical settings, it's a major selling point of the series.

Sure, the series doesn't sell as much as Call of Duty and the like, and that's because it isn't a freaking generic mainstream FPS.

And how hypocritical can you be? You say that a story that (only initially) is about revenge is boring and unoriginal but a WWII setting isn't?!

*facepalm*

tuggernuts6435
01-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not trolling. These are my ideas. Look, I'm sorry that I mentioned Black Ops (people around here are all against it I guess). And if my post's seem like they're trolling, I'm sorry that your too sensitive. Assassins Creed is an amazing game, but I don't think that it can just keep on going with the historical settings and constant assassinations. Some shooting is in order around here.

But if you really do think about it, I think the series would be a LOT more compelling if it was more realistic. Haystacks, benches, and big gigantic eagle robes need to be taken out. It would definitely have a lot more of a thrill and would be a lot more challenging. I'm sorry, but I went this whole game just pressing the counter button and kicking away all the big guys. You don't even have to assassinate the guy all cool and stealth like, you can just charge through the place, put a crossbow bolt between the eyes of the Templar jerk, and one rest in peace later, boom. Mission accomplished.

I'm just looking out for the future of the series. Sorry if it sets people off.

tuggernuts6435
01-02-2011, 09:48 AM
And BK, Facepalm is really original. You know that right?

DavisP92
01-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Don't change Assassin's Creed into a shooter, that would ruin the game. If you want realistic then stop playing games.. but i can understand when u say the guards should see who the assassin is. So in the next game they should make the new assassin carry no weapons but the hidden blade and what ever his skilled weapon is. and by adding more weapons the guards notice you more.

BK-110
01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Who cares about the originality of my facepalm. It's a damn facepalm, it's an expression of my feelings towards your ideas.

There are enough games out there about shooting, go play them, instead. Did a Mario game ever have shooting (other than damn fireballs and the like)? No, and they're immensely successful. Why would you want to turn it into a shooter, that wouldn't be Assassin's Creed.

As for the difficulty, I agree that it may be a bit too easy at times, but turning it into a shooter won't make it better. If you want difficulty in battle, look no further than battles against the harder opponents in the first game.

If the future you want to see for this series is as gritty WWII FPS, then I'll stay the hell away from this series in the future. We got enough of those kind of games.

magesupermaster
01-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tuggernuts6435:
Hey everyone! I just got done with AC Brotherhood and I really enjoyed it! Sadly, I haven't played the other installments but I am looking forward to it. Who is Altair? Ezio's grandfather or something?
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Play the other games in the series.</span>
Anyway, I'm more interested in the modern setting with Desmond and the other dudes rather than the Dark Ages setting. If you ask me, the next game should be set in the modern era with Desmond becoming fully sychronized with his ancestors.

Some of his ancestors should be war-veterans so that way Desmond could pick up their abilities with firearms. This would mean that the whole game would have to be in a first-person perspective cause hey, have you played Prototype? COMPLETE FAIL with the aiming system. Enemies will drop guns and Desmond will have to pick them up to get ammo, and health is going to have to regenerate. Think about it, is it realistic for Desmond to just pull medicine out of his jacket? No.
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Actually, regenerating health is the least realistic thing in games.</span>

And the hidden blade isn't realistic anymore. What if Desmonds cuts his fingers off with it? Would you like to have a blade under your wrist that activates when you flick your wrist? Typing on your keyboard would be hell. Instead, let's have a combat knife or something with a melee trigger, or like a ballistic knife from Call of Duty Black Ops (great game by the way 10/10). It's realistic guys. Besides, this universe needs to make more sense. I doubt that a stack of hay will help much if you fall twelve stories off a Renaissance Castle or whatever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">And doubt that I can absorb 50 bullets to my head and survive because that's the most realistic thing ever!</span>

I didn't just buy it for the multiplayer! The multiplayer is great though, and I'm glad that Ubi came to their senses and added multiplayer. Although I'll admit, not being able to fight other Assassins was a fail in the multiplayer. Every game should have multiplayer. PERIOD.
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">You are an idiot. </span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Multiplayer in games needs to be justified. Not just thrown in with zero thought.</span>

And by the way, don't make fun of Jesus. He was a templar in the game, remember?
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">He wasn't a Templar.</span>

Oh and also, I didn't go the whole game thinking about what Desmond would do in the future settings. I was just simply worried about the series because of the way that Ubi is using boring historical settings as a way to crunch out as many games as possible. C'mon people, let's get something exciting. The settings are boring.

And my I say, Ezio is really getting boring. I get that his brothers got killed and crap, but that's getting old. His character is going from strong and determined to repetitive and simply whiny. His character can not compare to Alex Mason from Black Ops.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">You present yourself as an absolute CoD fan, and a shameless one.</span>
<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Get out of here and never come back!</span>

Avl521
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
@tuggernaut:

Assassin's Creed will NEVER turn into a FPS so it's pointless to argue about that or say you want it to be like that. At least not during the main story, maybe later in spin off.

The series is Unique as it is, All it's fans are fans because it's a game like no other and because it uses settings that have never been used in a fun, interesting and almost historically accurate way.

And you think it can't keep going with how it is right now so it needs to change into a FPS?
The Assassin's Creed series (ACI, ACII, and ACB) have sold a combined total of 20 million copies.

Assassin's Creed sold 6 million copies.

Assassin's Creed II sold 9 million copies of which 1.6 million were sold in the first week.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood sales I couldn't find. However compared to ACII, JUST in europe, AC:B sold a million copies, so worldwide it must have sold more than ACII.

This may not compare to the 5.6 million in the first day in North America of Black ops, but it is a huge success in sales.

So however you wanna put it:

1) AC is a unique franchise, that has lots of depth and fun to it, so the game won't change to a FPS.

2) You think WWII is interesting even after you've played it in every FPS out there? you have issues pal.

3) The rennaisance is boring? wow... COD has really screwed your mind dude.

4) AC's sales numbers are incredibly good and the game is extremely profitable for Ubisoft, so the game won't change any time soon. Maybe in a spin off after the main story has ended.

5) If we're talking about realistic gameplay (seeing how you want benches, the robes and haystacks to be gone because they are not realistic):
How about we take your beloved Black Ops, and to make it real, the regenerative health disappears, enemies and players both in single player and multiplayer die with 1 or 2 shots, the map with the Nuke never happens because no one would fight close to a nuke about to explode, zombies are completely removed because hey, zombies don't exist. It's not as fun is it?

6) If you want a FPS, why even play AC? why then come int the forums and say the game should be a FPS? why don't you just keep playing Black Ops or one of the myriad of FPSs out there?

Just because it's your opinion, it's right? Dude seriously: Grow up.

jzsnyder
01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
This is an outrage. I honestly hope you are trolling, sir. How could anyone be so stupid. go back to CoD, kid, you are not welcome here.

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 11:26 AM
AC: Brotherhood broke Ubisoft's record for most sales in the first week. That tells you they're doing something right doesn't it? Also, in real war you don't have people shooting each other from a distance of about 30 meters like you do in Black Ops... it's more like 1000 meters, if not more, so when they fix that realism issue you can complain about AC being unrealistic. Yes, the hay thing is ridiculous, but the mechanism for the hidden blade has been explained so we know it doesn't cut anything important off. Because COD is so realistic with it's grenade launchers and flame throwers and everything else that's ridiculous about it. I bet you never even played Call of Duty one did you? THAT'S a good game. They didn't get stupid with it, they kept it sensible, and you know what? I've played them all, and either Cod 1 or 3 is my favorite without a doubt, with COD 4 behind those two. At least AC have kept some dignity with the games they've made.

Your comments show you've completely missed the point of Assassins Creed if you think Desmond or anyone else should even be touching a gun. Completely missed the point.

Black_Widow9
01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Please check these threads-
Official Member Theories *Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=5251069024&m=2951020209&r=2951020209#2951020209)
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>