PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Skins

ILikePortillos
08-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey all. A friend of mine has added my face to the game. He put me in a russian pilot's suit. Good times. We've flown as the Russians for some time. So now I want to make a version of myself in all of the different nationalities, so I can fly for whomever. However, the directory I'm looking in (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes) has plenty of pilot skins, but it doesn't seem to have all of them. For example, I don't see the one the guys in the A-20 are using for example. I've seen close, but it's not the same skin.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/MrGlendaleHeights/IL-21946A-20Crew.jpg

I'm not looking for a good skin pack that someone else has put together, I just want to add myself to the stock options. I don't want to be the guy that looks different from all of the other AI guys.

Can anyone help out with this? Is there a hidden file that I'm not finding that has all of the standard skins?

Thanks in advance.

ILikePortillos
08-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey all. A friend of mine has added my face to the game. He put me in a russian pilot's suit. Good times. We've flown as the Russians for some time. So now I want to make a version of myself in all of the different nationalities, so I can fly for whomever. However, the directory I'm looking in (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes) has plenty of pilot skins, but it doesn't seem to have all of them. For example, I don't see the one the guys in the A-20 are using for example. I've seen close, but it's not the same skin.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/MrGlendaleHeights/IL-21946A-20Crew.jpg

I'm not looking for a good skin pack that someone else has put together, I just want to add myself to the stock options. I don't want to be the guy that looks different from all of the other AI guys.

Can anyone help out with this? Is there a hidden file that I'm not finding that has all of the standard skins?

Thanks in advance.

Skycat_2
08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I think some of the pilot skins were hard-coded to certain planes and don't have separate skin bitmaps that are easily accessible.

SlowBurn68
08-21-2009, 09:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For example, I don't see the one the guys in the A-20 are using for example. I've seen close, but it's not the same skin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you know that pilot skins will not have oxygen masks - oxygen masks are visible in game only and above 3000km.

I think your best option would be to have your friend make you a separate pilot skin for each of the other nationalities.

Not sure if this helps - But I like Portillos too.

Stiletto-
08-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Alot of the default looking pilot skins are only hard coded into the game. I think you will find skins in the folder for the nationalities that shipped with forgotten battles, but the later, major addons are never got included such as the US Army, US Navy, Japanese Army and Navy and the Commonwealth flight suits. You are probably going to have to go online and download a template or skin of some sort.