PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with AC:R...

McFuggit
12-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Okay I love all the new weapons/items they've added. The continued storyline is epic as it always is. But it seems they took a huge step back from Brotherhood and AC2. It's like a whole different team worked on the game.

1. First off, there's the crappy, broken kill animations that worked in previous ACs. (Especially the jump assassination)

2. The free-running worked better, smoother in previous ACs. And it was way easier to travel quickly from building to building without having to use a parachute/use medicine to recover from a fall every 2 seconds.

3. Building textures blur out if you aren't right next to them. This didn't happen in previous ACs. Looks like crap. Used to be beautiful.

These are only a few things I've noticed right off the bat as I've only just started playing the game last night and haven't gone through many actual missions.

I hope they patch the game to fix these problems or at least focus on making the game better for the next installment.

Edit: Oh, and the courtesans used to be WAY hotter. They're so ugly, lmao.

D.I.D.
12-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by McFuggit:

Edit: Oh, and the courtesans used to be WAY hotter. They're so ugly, lmao.

Are you playing with the sound off, and not reading anything? There are no courtesans anywhere except the multiplayer. I think you might be looking at the Romanis.

Six_Gun
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Are you playing with the sound off, and not reading anything? There are no courtesans anywhere except the multiplayer. I think you might be looking at the Romanis.
That's a bit flippant and nit picky considering the Romanis are basically gypsies obviously providing the same service the courtesans did.

D.I.D.
12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
That's a bit flippant and nit picky considering the Romanis are basically gypsies obviously providing the same service the courtesans did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not nitpicking to point out that they're not courtesans when the OP's complaint is that they aren't as "hot". (I'm going to assume you meant "service" in terms of the gameplay too!)

If you want nitpicking, "gypsy" is a misnomer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ferrith
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by McFuggit:
2. The free-running worked better, smoother in previous ACs. And it was way easier to travel quickly from building to building without having to use a parachute/use medicine to recover from a fall every 2 seconds.
OK, I don't fall as often as you do, but I have noticed problems with free-running as well. At first I thought I had grown butter fingers, but now that you mention it... this console port didn't go very well.

McFuggit
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Ferrith:
OK, I don't fall as often as you do, but I have noticed problems with free-running as well. At first I thought I had grown butter fingers, but now that you mention it... this console port didn't go very well.

My point is, is that they made it VERY difficult to travel quickly via rooftops.

ElleCore
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Saying that the buildings blurring out when you're far away didn't happen in previous games is dumb. If you played AC2, you would have really noticed the buildings in there were blurring out when you were literally meters away from them.

And I never noticed those blur outs in AC:R, and barelly in AC:B. I'd say they actually fixed it, or you might be playing on lower graphics.

McFuggit
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ElleCore:
Saying that the buildings blurring out when you're far away didn't happen in previous games is dumb. If you played AC2, you would have really noticed the buildings in there were blurring out when you were literally meters away from them.

And I never noticed those blur outs in AC:R, and barelly in AC:B. I'd say they actually fixed it, or you might be playing on lower graphics.

It could possibly be a difference in PC/console versions. This is my first time playing an AC on PC.

Ferrith
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
On PC there is a lot of screen tearing, which had *never* happened in the previous games - and I play always in high graphics.

Six_Gun
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
It's not nitpicking to point out that they're not courtesans when the OP's complaint is that they aren't as "hot". (I'm going to assume you meant "service" in terms of the gameplay too!)

If you want nitpicking, "gypsy" is a misnomer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Courtesan merely translates to prostitute, and whether you realize it or not, a common translation of Romani is in fact Gypsy.

Since the Romanis here are posing as obvious prostitutes, yeah, you're definitely nit picking, and apparently not even aware of the meaning behind terms being used whilst doing so.

As far as the parkour comments, I don't think it's intended to feel as fluid as in previous titles. Obviously they went for more spacing between the roofs, forcing you to use zip lines and/or extended reach hook blade jumps.

D.I.D.
12-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

If you want nitpicking, "gypsy" is a misnomer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Courtesan merely translates to prostitute, and whether you realize it or not, a common translation of Romani is in fact Gypsy.

Since the Romanis here are posing as obvious prostitutes, yeah, you're definitely nit picking, and apparently not even aware of the meaning behind terms being used whilst doing so.

As far as the parkour comments, I don't think it's intended to feel as fluid as in previous titles. Obviously they went for more spacing between the roofs, forcing you to use zip lines and/or extended reach hook blade jumps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong end of the stick - I know very well that the Romani are there as a replacement for the courtesans in terms of the gameplay. I also know what "courtesan" means, which is why I made a small joke about "service" which appears to have flown over your head. They are not courtesans, not posing as courtesans, so what the OP was saying doesn't even come into it.

"Gypsy", as they point out twice during the game, is a name which was given to the travelling community due to a misunderstanding about their origins being in Egypt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people#Gypsy

"However, as a term 'gypsy' is considered derogatory by many members of the Roma community because of negative and stereotypical associations with the term"

Six_Gun
12-09-2011, 01:02 AM
For all intents and purposes, both groups are serving as mere *****s, it was obvious he meant that even though the terminology of the periods and places are different. I'm also sure whether historically correct or not Ubi intended the Romanis as Gypsy *****s. I think what's obviously flown over your head is most games are not 100% historically correct, AC being no exception. That doesn't change the simple meaning of the post you picked apart rather arrogantly as if the the person that made it is ignorant. The only thing sounding ignorant in fact is your pompous, inane and rather redundant lecture.