PDA

View Full Version : How to edit deck gun rate of fire

RogerBacon2000
05-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Six months ago, before a hard drive crash, I was able to edit the GUNS_SUB.sim file and change the rate of fire for my deck guns. Now I've reinstalled Silent Hunter III and the real U-boat mod but I can't seem to change the deck gun rate of fire. I know where in the file I'm supposed to change it but, no matter wshat value I put there, it seems to have no effect. Does anyone know if the Real U-Boat mod (RUB) changed which gun the subs use? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyone know why my editing doesn't seem to have any effect?

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon2000
05-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Six months ago, before a hard drive crash, I was able to edit the GUNS_SUB.sim file and change the rate of fire for my deck guns. Now I've reinstalled Silent Hunter III and the real U-boat mod but I can't seem to change the deck gun rate of fire. I know where in the file I'm supposed to change it but, no matter wshat value I put there, it seems to have no effect. Does anyone know if the Real U-Boat mod (RUB) changed which gun the subs use? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyone know why my editing doesn't seem to have any effect?

Roger Bacon

Blue_Ninja63
05-07-2006, 01:33 PM
I recommend you give SH3 Commander 2.5 a try..you can edit the guns and other things easily.

Find it at http://subsim.com

regards,

RogerBacon2000
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue_Ninja63:
I recommend you give SH3 Commander 2.5 a try..you can edit the guns and other things easily.

Find it at http://subsim.com

regards, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I downloaded that program and used it to set the time to 1 second for both types of deck gun. Unfortunatelym it didn't make a difference. It still takes over 5 minutes to relad the gun (in clam weather, zero speed, competent crew). I really don't want to reinstall everything but I'm running out of options. Is there any other file besides GUNS_SUB.sim that controls the deck gun? How do I know what gun is on a particular sub? I suspect one of the mods may have changed the gun and that is why when I edit GUNS_SUB.sim it has no effect.

Roger Bacon

Blue_Ninja63
05-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't know the answer to your problem other than to re-install and delete all folders associated with Silent Hunter III on your hard drive before you re-install again.

Blue_Ninja63

RogerBacon2000
05-07-2006, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue_Ninja63:
I don't know the answer to your problem other than to re-install and delete all folders associated with Silent Hunter III on your hard drive before you re-install again.

Blue_Ninja63 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's just what I did. It is working fine now. I'll be careful about what mods I add this time around.

Roger Bacon