PDA

View Full Version : Remembering this game for all the wrong reasons

Smokeyco
03-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I'd like to say first off that im well impressed with Assassins Creed 2, the story line is good and so is the game play..

I loved playing the first game and had no problems at all with it on the PC and had been eagerly awaiting the second game to come out on the PC ever since.

Unfortunately i've had nothing but problems with this second game when it comes to bugs and repeated lockups. Iíve acted on all the advice given by the tech support section with no luck.

I've had the same PC for over two years now, it was an amazing spec when I first got it and its well above the min requirements for this game and runs stable. I've never seen my current setup completely lockup from a game until I went out and bought this one. Reminds me of the days of XP and before where you have to use the reset button on a regular basis. It locks up on average once every 3-4 hours randomly which is extremely frustrating especially when it does crash you loose everything you youíve done since you last started the game up. I would say that 2 out of 5 crashes it will save what I have achieved since loading up the game, I donít understand why its does this, I assume its something to do with the server the game data is stored on. The only way to be sure is to exit the game after each mission which is really not that practical nor much fun.

Having you game story data stored on a central server I think can be also extremely annoying especially if it wonít connect to it. After reading posts on this forum of constant and on going problems with DRM and other parts of the game, itís a shame to think that this game will be remembered for the wrong reasons. As a person that buys quite a lot of games, i feel really let down when it comes to all these problems.

If a third game is made and its running the same setup regarding playing with the use of servers as this one, I will definitely consider spending my money else where, which is a real shame as I really like playing this game..

Dergo218
03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
No idea what specs you got on your computer or anything but I haven't had a single problem with this game, not one problem. For the first time in ages I've been able to play a newer game that I may actually even tab out of without crashing when tabbing in.

and the saving thing works perfect, I love this DRM rather have this than Starforce and/or SecuRom. Good job Ubi.

Smokeyco
03-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Wish i could agree with you, i dont think DRM is a good idea. Im sure is just great for people that have no problems with it, not much the rest of us can do tho...

Ive never had so many problems with a game like this for quite some years, especially when you cant save your progress manually. Normally this wouldnít bother me if the game was actually stable or bothered to save correctly after each mission like it should do...

obliviondoll
03-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Dergo is the only person on the forums who's actually saying the DRM works the way it should?

Just asking.

Smokeyco, might want to sign the DRM petition, if you haven't already.

Aborigine
03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Apart from the servers being down, I've had absolutely no problems regarding the DRM whatsoever. So no he ain't the only one.

obliviondoll
03-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Ummmm....

The servers going down IS a problem.

So yes he is.

EDIT: So far this thread, anyway....

Aborigine
03-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Fyi that would probbably be the reason Ubi's going to compensate us, so u won't see me complaining xD.

And all in all even when the servers were officially down I could connect, just had to wait a bit xD.

Tsk tsk tsk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Murcuseo
03-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Has anyone else noticed that Dergo is the only person on the forums who's actually saying the DRM works the way it should?

Just asking.

Smokeyco, might want to sign the DRM petition, if you haven't already.

That just ain't true, you can't see the positive replys from all the negative spamming from the (same) people that are againsgt it lol

I for one am happy with how the DRM is working and say keep it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, back to the original OP's point...this DRM chat seems to invade every feckin thread....kinda sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'd say it's a problem with your rig rather than the game Smokey, especially if you're turning the settings right up.

I prosume you've tried it with the settings turned down?

It would help if you gave us your system spec and said what settings you're running!

obliviondoll
03-24-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm not saying nobody's supporting the DRM, I'm saying (as far as I can see anyway) that Dergo's the only one who hasn't mentioned having trouble with it at any point.

And he's also the only one I've seen who's particularly vocal on the subject.

But nice to hear more positive feedback on it.

Shame I'm on PS3 and unaffected anyway. I look forward to hearing what the compensation is. Hope it does make up for the issues some of you guys have had.

adarwinter
03-24-2010, 09:03 AM
weird issues there, OP.

even though 90% of the time the DRM isnt annoying me, the other 10% when it does are a head ache. an unnecessary one too.

other than that i am having no crashes or errors whatsoever. also the game saves very ver often. whenever u see the grey diamond in the right said of the scrren. it's happens very often (at least it's supposed to)- every time u buy something or simply walk out of a store in the street, everytime u sync on a high vantage point, every chest u open, every code u collect, every side mission u take and every time u complete any mission, every courier u kill.... every anything. if u lose saves than it's really weird.

try to save the game localy on your HDD. u can do this by clicking the COG in the upper right side of the UBISOFT LAUNCHER. the saves will be store in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\storage\YWRhcndpbnRlcg== (the YWRhcndpbnRlcg== name may change).

M-dahaka
03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
i agree, the DRM isn't as bad as i tought at first, but still, quite annoying when there's a DDOS attack, or when i'm moving my laptop. The fact remains: the need of an internet connection for a single player game is unnacceptable, and i know lots of people with crappy internet that asked me about the game. Their PC's are 10 x more powerfull than my laptop, and they can't play it because of their internet.