PDA

View Full Version : Stats stats and more stats

andy_t148
06-13-2009, 07:27 AM
I think its a shame the 1st game didnt include any statistics about your gameplay, how many deaths, how many kills, how much time on horse backk or in acre.

Its 1 of the best features of the GTA series and I think AC2 would be better for including something similar.

All I know right now is that I killed more than 50 people in a crowd, because I got an achievement, why not give me the ability to learn more?

the amolang
06-13-2009, 07:41 AM
this would be kind of nice, not really important but some people might like to know... i won't cry if they don't add it in...

maybe something like fable 2 had...

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Yeah... that would be great... maybe if you killed over a 100 citizens you get a cool add-on. Just a guess. But i thinked it wold be gewd. shnitzel.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Haha... I'm an arab... I just saw that word in a TV show. xD.

Ok then... 100 beggers... gives you the ability to beg for money. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 08:05 AM
the stats are often prety pointless, I dont care either way realy. It would be a nice feature for the people who are interested int hat type of thing, but realy if it was a choice between add some extra game play or this I would take the game play.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:09 AM
You can't compare gameplay to stats. Stats is fairly easy compared to gameplay... so you can't really 'switch'.

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 08:22 AM
actualy to make a stats system you need to add a database to collect them and then a code that can convert raw gameplay data into something that can be understood.

it's alot harder than just making a list and needs alot more code, as it needs to detect the events time them or count them then convert and add that amount to the numbers that will give the visual reprisentation in the stas list.

it's the same as when you pick up a flag in AC1 they did alot more than just put a visual reprisentation of a flag in the flag will have it's own script then there would another script that would run the front end showing how many flags you have actualy collected.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Meh... STILL EASIER THAN GAMEPLAY. Hmph.

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 08:30 AM
you would be suprised, misson and assassination scripts would only need a few variables changed to add more missions and assassinations so it would be alot easier as they wouldnt need to make any code from scratch. (unless they decided to add a differant mission type and even then it is only a single script stating the variables and compleation/fail varicables)

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Still easier than gameplay. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xanatos2007
06-13-2009, 10:44 AM
I think they should make it more like the Hitman games, with a Violence bar and a Stealth bar. But I'd prefer it if they didn't have it at all, makes it too much like a 'game' than an Animus simulation.

revoltingbunny
06-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Nonono... the Animus keeps track of everything you did hence... 'stats'... Come to think of it... it would be vary gewd. >_>

Thretimesb
06-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Stats are good. More reasons to replay. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif