PDA

View Full Version : Need a little info. on GME mods

SNAKE1937
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
At the dock after patrol #2 in a VII-B. Got just under 130,00tons ( not to bad for the old guy).

Questions

1) I would like to add the 16X atmosphere, English map, and Lite harbor traffic mods but I am not sure of the procedure.

At the end of patrol #1 , at the Office after giving out awards to the crew and updating the boat or just befor leaving on patrol #3 ???

2)What is the "integrated orders" mod?

3)The game looks OK on my 24" wide screen, but is there a real work around for wide screens?

THANK YOU SNAKE1937

SNAKE1937
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
At the dock after patrol #2 in a VII-B. Got just under 130,00tons ( not to bad for the old guy).

Questions

1) I would like to add the 16X atmosphere, English map, and Lite harbor traffic mods but I am not sure of the procedure.

At the end of patrol #1 , at the Office after giving out awards to the crew and updating the boat or just befor leaving on patrol #3 ???

2)What is the "integrated orders" mod?

3)The game looks OK on my 24" wide screen, but is there a real work around for wide screens?

THANK YOU SNAKE1937

tuddley3
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
GME is actually JSGME so you don't confuse anyone.

Anyways, here is what the deal is. <span class="ev_code_RED">"CAUTION, do not attempt to do the following while on patrol, always make a rule of thumb to be docked in port before enabling mods with JSGME"</span>

1) To enable these mods into GWX, you need to open your Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII root folder where GWX is installed. Look for the little "Gear or Cog" looking Icon. Double click it to open JSGME. You will see 2 windows, left window is Available mods, and the right is Activated Mods. To enable a mod, you need to click on the one you desire, and then click the top center button to move that mod into the right window. Repeat for any additional mods you want. Your done!!! To disable them, reverse this process.

If you download any more mods, you would place the unzipped folders into the Mods folder also found in the SH3 Root Folder.

2) Integrated Orders is what you see when you click on an Officer Icon on the "Task Bar". The Integrated Orders Mod places all orders on the screen for every Officer Order, instead of having to select each officer, and search for the task you would like him to perform. Like I said, enable it, go for a test spin and check it out. If you don't like it, exit SH3 and disable it to return SH3/GWX back to where it was before.(This is the beauty of JSGME, no more reinstalling SH3 if you dont like a particular mod, or you get CTD because of a mod. Just disable, and your install returns back to normal)

3) If I am correct, SH3 is not set up for Widescreen, only SH4 has that option. There is a mod which can allow you to change the resolution of SH3, but if you where to change it to Widescreen, everything would be stretched. So if SH3 looks OK the way it is, I suggest leaving it alone.

Someone let me know if I have incorrect info about Widescreen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Privateer_GWX
01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
You should have an Icon on your desktop
for JSGME.

Not sure about the wide screen question.