08-27-2005, 09:17 PM
exit screen on exit not telling you that myst is the exit

It never says click myst to edit game , that would of helped with the demo

Coronagold
08-28-2005, 03:40 AM
Obsess much?

Layniel
08-28-2005, 03:59 AM
1. i think its just something you have drawn would have in the final game some effect they didnt want to show (and didnt even expect someone would do it) in the demo

2. its a demo.... a demo always takes so people still see how it looks like, who did it, where you can buy it etc.

3. thats the only thing i didnt like

4. actually the bahro dont really care how well you draw it... there must be 3 lines and at the bottom of each line something which resembles a circle (an egg, a six, a nine whatever)

actually people at least look at the exit screen, because they have nothing better to do, and that waiting long for exit wont make people stop buying the final version.. .so its win-win for them

Layniel
08-28-2005, 08:48 AM
yeah Esher talks weird, though as it is a recorded sound file, there must really be someone who talks like that...

i actually did the rain thing as soon as i got to noloben.. .one of the trailers showed it

but i do agree that they shouldnt have put the tablet, showing the rain symbol, upside down

darkstar52
08-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Its a puzzle game. What do you want a big sign saying this is the solution to this puzzle. If you think about it the sign has two meanings right way up no rain, just like when you find it. Reverse it and you get rain.

The character is'nt human hes a D'Ni. Yes someones does talk like that the actor who did the voice characterisation.

Of course they do things like this in the full version its an adventure game, its all about figuring out puzzles.

darkstar52
08-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Try moving your head relative to Escher's position, one of the really cool things about the game is that the voices are directional!.

Coronagold
08-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by robsmyst:
but i do agree that they shouldnt have put the tablet, showing the rain symbol, upside down

If you look at what the rain symbol is drawn on, it makes sense. It's drawn on a tablet that is shaped just like the slate, which is also upside down.

Brobotics
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Even with all the settings at max for graphics it definetly looked like the character at the start and later on float a bit when they move around, that is probably because the shadow isnt always right, hope they make it better in the final version, also its nice that they move like a human, but the face is just bad, definetly not human http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif sure the mouth moves almost correctly, but the rest is just not right :P

oh and the rest of the game looks good, guess it can only get better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tronds
08-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by robsmyst:
exit screen on exit not telling you that myst is the exit

It never says click myst to edit game , that would of helped with the demo

- What does the above comment mean? I for one cannot figure out what this post means. Why can't people try to use proper english, or at least make sure we can understand what they mean?

Also, the answers to this initial post seem wildly disconnected from whatever questions were there in the first post...

:-(

uecasm
08-30-2005, 03:00 AM
It seems robsmyst has a bad habit of modifying his existing posts to say something completely different a little later on. Hence the confusion, and the note saying that it was edited two days after the original post.

As to his latest comment, I think he's referring to the way you have to click on the Myst logo on the exit screen in order to actually exit, when there isn't really any visible indicator showing that that's where you need to click (clicking anywhere else simply does nothing).

robsmyst
08-30-2005, 08:27 PM
yes you get what I was saying, also it says no were that we cannot change the topic of our post even though I don't plan to do it much , just see if any one would even notice that they are modifed, wouldn't it be funny if the game posts things in the book for myst 5, during our full game plot and then modifed the book to say different things further in the games plot

Eat_My_Shortz
08-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Err no it doesn't say you can't do that. Spot on there.
It's just that it's **** annoying and makes the thread, and both topics, completely incomprehensible.

If you want to ask a new question, reply to the end of the thread or start a new one.

yeah Esher talks weird, though as it is a recorded sound file, there must really be someone who talks like that...
There as also people known as actors, who have the uncanny ability to modify what their voice sounds like so that it has, say a different accent.
One such actor is David Ogden-Stiers, who did the voice for both Zandi and Watson in Uru, and coincidentally, is the voice and face for Esher in Myst 5.

Sorry... I'm in a sarcastic mood.
I don't mind Esher's voice - it's supposed to be a D'ni accent. Notice the "chhh" 'back of throat' sound he makes when he says "D'ni" and "Bahro".

Mr Zebe D
08-31-2005, 04:14 AM
How about Esher as a Russian Hannibal Lecter?

(The accent and the f in D'ni).

tronds
08-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zebe D:
How about Esher as a Russian Hannibal Lecter?

(The accent and the f in D'ni).

Ha ha, maybe Ezher iz really a German scientist of zhe old zchool; zhat would explain his loathing of zhe Bahro...jah...

Heimdall_G
08-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Actually, it sounded like a bit of a Scottish burr to me. Kept expecting to hear James T. telling Esher to beam him up....

robsmyst
08-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Scottish guy from star trek is dead
have you heared about him dieing
that the only thing not funny about your joke

Coronagold
09-01-2005, 04:52 AM
...there was a joke?