PDA

View Full Version : Odd happenings - QMB

Vacillator
01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Just played three QMBs in a row with me first in 109E, then 109F2 and finally 109G2 against ace Hurris, first the early one, then the later one, then the Field Mod. In each mission (all on Smolensk starting from altitude 2000) we maneouvred around for a short while before each time the Hurri ploughed into the deck. And each time I hadn't even fired my guns...
Once I can understand but 3 times in a row? Perhaps the 109 was more feared than I thought because it surely can't be my 109 skills http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .
Anyone else seen such wonders?
And for the record I'm not complaining about anything. Best bit of software I've got.

WTE_Galway
01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
no flak ?

though personally if i was in a hurri in RL and saw a G2 coming I would be likely to give up and just crash as well

3.JG51_BigBear
01-13-2005, 03:37 PM
How much gas were they carrying?

Vacillator
01-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah no flak. And default loadouts for unlimited fuel and ammo (not sure exactly what percentages they are). With these settings could they be over-loaded compared to me?
Was just curious as I haven't seen this aganist other planes. Will have another go now and see what happens.

Vacillator
01-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Okay. Repeated exactly the same setups. Slightly better show for the Hurris (or maybe me) in that at least I managed to shoot at the first two and hit them before they their 'hit the deck' routine. The Field mod twisted around quite admirably but then dived into the dirt. No shots, no hits, no points.
Checked fuel and we both seemed to be on 100%. Hadn't really considered the fuel issue properly, had assumed we'd be similarly weighed down whatever the setting but obviously this would not necessarily be so.
Further testing required on reduced fuel.

Vacillator
01-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Spot on Bigbear, the fuel has it. Set us both to 25% and got a much better fight. First (early) Hurri, I eventually got the bloke to bail after some time. Second one I managed to rear-end (doh!). Repeated and shot down after a very enjoyable stall-fight. The third one also took a lot of jousting but went down in flames. Great stuff and I've learned a lesson about fuel settings.