PDA

View Full Version : looks and sounds great but i need a demo please!!

Alex_HS
04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Why not then? The game has great reviews and seems very interesting to say the least but it would be nice to atleast see if it works before buying it, especialy considering it is a PC game and there are many diferent PC configurations out there. Will there be a demo?

Alex_HS
04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Why not then? The game has great reviews and seems very interesting to say the least but it would be nice to atleast see if it works before buying it, especialy considering it is a PC game and there are many diferent PC configurations out there. Will there be a demo?

PsychoFritz
04-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I really doubt it.

quillan
04-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Most games have the size of the installation split between the levels and the engine. Silent Hunter III is almost all engine. The three files that make up the campaign (RND, SCR, LND) aren't very big at all. They could lose those if they were just providing a demo of a single mission, lose all the missions other than the one included, lose all the sub types but the one available in the mission, and still it would work out to over a 1.5 gig download. I'm not sure how many people would be willing and able to download a 1.5 gig demo.