PDA

View Full Version : Flares! - Missile Evasion

SpecOps527
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
In a screenshot of a so-called "Evasion cam" in GameInformer, there is a jet dropping flares, which I know alot of you guys were hoping would be in the game. Go ahead, celebrate, you're earned it.

SpecOps527
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
In a screenshot of a so-called "Evasion cam" in GameInformer, there is a jet dropping flares, which I know alot of you guys were hoping would be in the game. Go ahead, celebrate, you're earned it.

societysfault
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
yeah i breathed a sigh of relief when i saw that too. still though, this game seems to be taking its own approach, and we dont have any real info on it. just gonna have to see how it all works out.

PvtSkwerl
04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
real men evade missiles by doing barrel rolls.

Vth_F_Smith_
04-17-2008, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PvtSkwerl:
real men evade missiles by doing barrel rolls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you would consider future pilots not as "real men"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PvtSkwerl
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
I am expecting the battle for air superiority in the future to be fought by highly advanced fighter jets piloted by furries.

Keplager
04-17-2008, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PvtSkwerl:
I am expecting the battle for air superiority in the future to be fought by highly advanced fighter jets piloted by furries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

battles of the future will most likely be fought with UAV's which will be remote controlled to prevent pilot loss. As far as chaff and flares go, there is no way a modern jet fighter can even hope to evade a missile such as the AIM-9X or AIM-132 without the help of some radar and heat deflection sources seeing as the new missiles can turn faster than the planes can.

DGTP430
04-17-2008, 05:07 AM
I hope you get to flare and do your own maneuver. Not like Heatseeker where you press a button and you fly like superman.

atacms2020
04-17-2008, 06:51 AM
I wonder if we will be able to upgrade our missiles so that they have ECCM, in other words, they would be less prone to losing guidance due to flares, chaff or even electronic countermeasures?

DGTP430
04-17-2008, 07:24 AM
(Deleted by the request of DGTP430)