PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf Key Theory! -OBVIOUS SPOILER ALERT-

bennieboyy
12-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Alright, this might be the worst theory you've seen in times, but just try to read it till the end!

Remember the final cutscene from revelations? It revealed TWCB had found 6 solutions to prevent the world from ending.
And from Embers, we learn Shao Yung is propably going to play some role in the next AC game, because, face it, why else would they show a complete stranger visiting Ezio?
Another question I had, is what the role of the Masyaf keys was.
Sure, I know what you are going to say: they were required to open the door to the library (read: vault), but then I ask YOU, why alta´r had a sixth, containing a completely useless memory, masyaf key.
Well, here's how I think those 3 things connect:

TWCB had found 6 solutions: isn't it very curious that those 'useless' masyaf keys are EXACTLY 6, too?
Now, what if Ezio put those 6 into the box he gave to Shao Yung, thinking it would lead her to the apple? It would give us a purpose to find out more about Shao Yung in AC 3! If the 6 Masyaf keys are required to get access to the 6 solutions, it would all make sense...!

What do you think?

AntiChrist7
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
there are fa rmore than 6, in the mediterranean defense game you sent assassins to alexandria to retrieve one

bennieboyy
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
there are fa rmore than 6, in the mediterranean defense game you sent assassins to alexandria to retrieve one

I don't know what you are talking about, but there REALLY were only 6 Masyaf Keys, 4 were found by Ezio, 1 was stolen from Manuel and 1 was found in the hands of our fellow skeleton Alta´r.

Yammka01
12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
The wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Alexandria) clarifies AntiChrist's statement:
In 1511, during an excavation of the destroyed library of Alexandria, the Mamluk Sultan's soldiers discovered two Memory Seals in a chest from 331 BC. Ezio Auditore sent some Assassins from Constantinople to Alexandria to retrieve the seals.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

I thought you sent Assassins to spy on the Templars, and keep track of theirs.

bennieboyy
12-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Yammka01:
The wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Alexandria) clarifies AntiChrist's statement: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In 1511, during an excavation of the destroyed library of Alexandria, the Mamluk Sultan's soldiers discovered two Memory Seals in a chest from 331 BC. Ezio Auditore sent some Assassins from Constantinople to Alexandria to retrieve the seals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are memory seals. There's a difference between masyaf keys (containing alta´r's memories) and memory seals (useless and empty)...

AntiChrist7
12-20-2011, 01:46 AM
the only difference is that all masyaf keys are memory seals, but not all memory seals are masyaf keys

snazzyjabber123
12-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Theonly difference between a memory seal and masyaf keys are that the masyaf keys are also used as keys in, well, masyaf =P