PDA

View Full Version : How do you land a gotha???

stugumby
01-06-2005, 09:04 AM
greetings all..
havinbg a terrible time landing in a gotha, do you land on the big front mainwheel and slowly settle the rear or floatin barely above stall speed and touch down on the rear wheels??? seems i cant get it right usually takes 3 passes over airfield just to decellerate down to where the gear wont shear off, then the fiba approach and its stall or hit too fast and el destructo.. any tips???

stugumby
01-06-2005, 09:04 AM
greetings all..
havinbg a terrible time landing in a gotha, do you land on the big front mainwheel and slowly settle the rear or floatin barely above stall speed and touch down on the rear wheels??? seems i cant get it right usually takes 3 passes over airfield just to decellerate down to where the gear wont shear off, then the fiba approach and its stall or hit too fast and el destructo.. any tips???

actionhank1786
01-06-2005, 09:09 AM
I personally have no idea.
You could always do gear up, although the commander may not like you much after 10 or so of those

ddsflyer
01-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Full flaps, power on, nose high, full stall. Do not land on grass, only concrete. If you put the nosewheel on first you either (best case) wheelbarrow, or (worst case) PIO (pilot induced ocillation) bounce down the runway until you crash.

berg417448
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stugumby:
greetings all..
havinbg a terrible time landing in a gotha, do you land on the big front mainwheel and slowly settle the rear or floatin barely above stall speed and touch down on the rear wheels??? seems i cant get it right usually takes 3 passes over airfield just to decellerate down to where the gear wont shear off, then the fiba approach and its stall or hit too fast and el destructo.. any tips??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as slowing down goes...remember that the Go-229 has an airbrake which really helps slow the plane down when you need it.

stugumby
01-06-2005, 10:30 AM
what airbrake????? only thing ive seen is those small top mounted thingees that pop up when you turn, wingerons i callem. guess im gonna have to hit the l key and see what happens, thanks a bunch.

Chuck_Older
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Never flown it.

You must mean spoilers

Gibbage1
01-06-2005, 11:10 AM
No. The Gotha DOES have an air brake in the lower aft section in the middle. Try hitting your airbrake key and see what happens! The original plan was to implament a drag chute but Oleg did not program it in.