PDA

View Full Version : v1.3 Map Tools?

Washington1982
05-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I dont understand how the new plotting tools are any better then v1.2. What advantage do they provide over a regular compass, ruler and protractor? Any idea how to use them?

Washington1982
05-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Someone must know how to use the new map tools...or at least have some idea of what they are supposed to do.

alanschu
05-10-2005, 09:32 PM
"new" plotting tools?

I know they put crosshairs on all the existing stuff so you know exactly where you are clicking.

Pr0metheus 1962
05-10-2005, 09:51 PM
These new plotting tools are the same ones as are in the Real U-boat mod. They are very good, and once you figure them out you won't know how you managed without them, especially if you play on higher difficulty levels. They're pretty intuitive, and once you use them a few times you'll get the hang of how they help you.

alanschu
05-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Where do you find these new plotting tools?

I just see the same standard ones, albeit with the very useful crosshair on them.

quillan
05-10-2005, 10:10 PM
In the top menu bar, there's one new icon: a question mark. Clicking that toggles the new nav tools on. Basically, those are Jiim's nav tools, adopted by the developers because they are so good. What's even more interesting, is as Wazoo pointed out, now you've effectively got two different cursors for each tool and the ability to toggle between them. That opens the door for all sorts of specialty mods.